Ok, what? It sounds like the furnace isn't working, but it is?

I don't know if it's because of the fridge in the basement or the new freezer we got, but today I can't hear the furnace going like I usually can. The last time it stopped working, it freaked me out as my husband called me while I was at work to tell me that there was no heat in the house. It's warm in the house, and I felt the vents, warm air is coming out, so it's definitely working. Not that it would matter much right now as it's going to be above seasonal over the next few days, so we don't have to worry about freezing to death. But I have to wonder why I can't hear it when I normally do, it just doesn't make any sense to me. At least this time, I didn't panic like the time it did stop working.
I wonder if the wind outside is from a different direction and so the furnace is not making as much noise. It does sound rather strange.
I don't think the wind makes a difference with our furnace, the exhaust is out the back of the house not the top like older furnaces. However, this one is about 10 years old, so it could be going on us. It didn't sound too good the other day when I was down looking at the filter. It may be time to have it looked at.
It is good to have them checked once a year I guess.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
It's funny how we get used to the creaks and moans of a house.....and when these annoying noises stop....it is deathly quit. Weird.