I love my neighbor so much

Today I was at my neighbors house and we laughed and talked and laughed and talked. it was just crazy how funny we both are the minute we are around one another. She watches out for my daughter and opens her door to me when ever I come in town. I just can't tell you how nice it is to be so close to one of your neighbors. I hope your neighbors are the same way. I know some of you may live doors away from your neighbor or even houses away. How much fun do you have with your neighbors?
I live in a apartment complex with five apartments in each barracks. Most of the people are foreigners now. From Africa, Afganistan, Iraq, you get the picture. Refugees who get new cars, trailers of new furniture, food and all kinds of stuff while we scrimp to have enough food for the month much less have clothes, gas, etc. There is one neighbor from before all the foreigners who has come back. Nice to have her.
Sadly I do not have a relationship with my neighbors at all. As there are 3 families who live in this building and some how we do not even cross paths. Except for all the racket we on the first floor have to endure as they are truly inconsiderate. If ever we have bumped into to one another we have been amicable but not on friendly terms so to speak. Glad you do have that as sometimes it is nice to have a neighbor watch in the event of something going wrong.
@Marmot (595)
Three family in the same building but still strange from each other? That's really bad.
I suppose because there are two entrances and we all have different work schedules. We have lived in the building longer and neither one lives here for a full year yet. I have to say with all the racket that goes on upstairs at all hours of the night I think it is best to be amicable and not so friendly though. Not necessarily a bad thing since we never really see one another much as with my boyfriend and I we are hardly home and during the day, and from the noise at night they either sleep all day or are also outdoorsy people. But like I mentioned in my response above we are not intentionally avoiding them as when we do bump into them, rarely we greet but we do not visit one another, and I sort of like this way since we are private people who do not cause noise and intentional discomfort to any of them.
@Marmot (595)
Then you have a really good neighbor. I am not so lucky like you. My neighbor and I do not contact very often because we have different schedules and we even can meet frequently. So, there is certainly not very much talk... And of course, no love at all.
Same with us we really do not have much one on one contact at all either. It is sort of sad as we think about great neighbors in the ole days, but everyone today is really busy on different schedules that no one has the time.
@cher913 (25893)
when i was a stay at home mom, i always got together with different neighbours. one passed away (she had cancer), others like me got jobs so we just dont have the same amount of time as we used to.
I am sorry to know this about your neighbor. I know time is hard when your busy too.
@cream97 (29169)
These people around here don't talk or speak to me. Except for my annoying neighbor that is the guy that I am always complaining about. I am glad that you have nice neighbors. It is good to know that their are still decent people out in this world. Many people nowadays just want to come into your house just to see what you have and don't have. These kind of neighbors I tend to stay away from. Yes, I am very friendly, I just don't give into friendships with strangers as much.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Finally a female neighbor moves in across the road from us about 4 years ago. I was excited...we will be able to have coffee, talk about things....it will be great, since an old man lived there forever. Well, this female neighbor has depression and MS, had to stop working because of MS and is generally brought me down whenever I talked to her. Now, I know people with depression who are on meds....and you wouldn't even know they had depression.....by the time I am done talking to this woman.....I am feeling low and depressed as well. Whenever, i mention coffee, she always has to do something, sleep, waiting for a phone call etc and etc and etc. I have gotten to the point where I don't bother anymore. If she wants to talk or ask me a question, she can walk across the road to me house. I have learned a lot about depression by reading up on it and realize how their minds work.....but I can't take all this doom and gloom. When we can talk about crafts etc, the conversation is good, but it's as if...she them thinks: oh ya, I am not supposed to be happy and will say something like: if my MS keeps progressing, I would even be able to do crafts anymore. It is really hard to be-friend someone who has depression.....let alone be married to one. I don't know how the husbands put up with the constant negativity.
This is really sad to say considering the fact that we've lived in our home for two years, but I have to admit that I really don't know our neighbor. The people that lived on one side of us just moved up the street not too long ago so we don't have anyone on that side of our house. The people that live on the other side are a little bit strange in my opinion and are always complaining about the most trivial things. However, I do talk to the people that live up the street on a pretty regular basis (they have children that are about the same age as my daughter).
I've really been blessed with my upstairs neighbour. We share resources (she lets me use her washing machine when she is out, each week I do a load of laundry for her and take out her trash which she hates to do). We have collaborated on many things and she is always nice, bright and positive so I always am happy to see her and talk to her, and we have a great time together when we get to go out.
Its very nice to be close with our neighbours. Good neighbours are an asset all the time. They help us in one or the other way. One basic thing is if we are good to people, people are good to us. So we being nice to others matters a lot.
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
Hi gift, To have good neighbor is something you have won a lottery. This is so because the more you get closer the more chances are there that a rift would be created and the most loving and caring friends are at daggers' drawn. and be on no talking times for many months. Therefore I keep a reasonable distance with my neighbors. And one thing, if you have not realized is that never borrow money or lend money to your neighbor. Of course you could relax during dire necessity. My neighbor? They are god's gift to make your day sunny and blazing. They are so low in their self reputation that almost every alternate day we get to hear screaming and vulgar words. But both are in govt job. If you stay at my house for two or three days you would see the play enacted and you enjoy without paying a penny.
@aw5363 (105)
ya , that's so cool if u got friendly neigbor like that,ur so lucky. most place now a days don't like that anymore especially palces with high crime rate..people will just shut their door close after work , some too buzy working and don't mix around eith the niegbourhood. i think that's so wrong.
@KrauseHome (35026)
Well, we have lived in our house now for about a yr. and a half. Some of the neighbors we have gotten to know a little and can talk with them when we see them while others we do not really know that well. Only one of them can I really go over too and chat with, and feel like it was worth while. But we do have a few that are always really nice and wave and do stop by when we have had Yard Sales, etc. just to talk. Overall, I would not really want to trade where I live for sure.
@ElicBxn (60835)
I like my next door neighbor, but I've never been in her house or she in ours, tho I've been in her back yard looking for cats. Like the people across the street, but only talk to them if we are both outside
@free_man (7337)
It is good when you can have a great neighbor. I haven't had a good neighbor in so many years. I don't know why but seems like no one here in my neck of the woods even speaks much to each other. We did have a couple move in down the street just haven't had time to stop when they were at home. Going to make it down there though and welcome them to the neighborhood.
@velvet53 (16364)
• Palisade, Colorado
It is nice to have good and fun neighbors. I have been lucky and the three neighbors that I have are wonderful. I guess it takes two to make good neighbor friendships work out.
That is really nice that you get along with your neighbors :) Very kind of them. My neighbors on the other hand are rude, mean, like to talk smack and start stuff with people.
@SViswan (12072)
I have a mixed bag of neighbours. I have a couple of really good friends, a bunch where we have a good time together and a few where we can't stand each other...lol. One of my neighbours has kids the same age as mine (I've got boys and she's got girls) ...it's like we have 4 kids each...and we have a gala time when we are together. Sometimes we take the kids out together....or send the kids off to play and have a good chat and laugh over silly things. It's good. Last night, they had a musical night at home. I go to bed early and I was already asleep when they started....my son went and 'showed off'...lol