2011 Year of the surgeries

@elitess (5072)
Ipswich, England
At least for me and for the ones close to me in 2011. I was the first, with the fingernail at my big right foot today, and all was perfect for the first 15 minutes after the intervention until the anestesic started to wear off - after that hell broke loose in my foot, for about 1 hour or so. Now the pain is down to bereable levels, but i am not sure if because it's normal or because of the painkiller i took - i will find out in 5-7 hours for sure when the effect of the painkiller will wear off as well. My mother is up for an eye operation in the next couple of weeks, and my grandmother is going to have a cyst removed of about 12 cm in length, but she also has a net on her belly and only for it's removal 3 hours under are needed, and this operation is with cardiac risc - so it's not looking very well. And last but not least Anca, my girlfriend is going in for surgery for removal of a nodule in her breast, and this is her first surgery, so she is not to happy about it of course. So how about it - any upcomming surgical interventions this year for you, family or friends that you know of ? What for if yes ? If no, CONGRATULATIONS, you are lucky to be healthy ;) Have a great day, Alex.
@paula27661 (15899)
I had an infection in my knee which had to be operated on late last year and I can relate to the pain after the anaesthetic wears off! I had to drive myself home and I was in tears all the way home! You’ve got to be so glad all that is over! It certainly has been the year of the surgeries so far! I will send some prayers your way for your mother…I pray it all goes well for her and for your girlfriend… Wishing you and yours a very speedy and pain-free recovery!
@elitess (5072)
• Ipswich, England
Hello Paula. I am glad you dropped by, and i can tell you that mine at least is recovering lovely so far. I still have to go to the hospital to the surgent for cleaning but it doesn't hurt now, except those times. I will recover okay and i have to go again on monday. On monday my girlfriend is being placed in a hospital room and probably operated monday or tuesday.
@dragon54u (31608)
Isn't it wonderful what they can do these days? A hundred years ago you would all have had to suffer with those things or go through dangerous techniques. So you are actually very fortunate. I hope your loved ones' surgery is successful and they are back to health very soon! Fortunately, I have no surgeries coming up or expected. I am blessed with good health, which is surprising to me considering the wild and reckless lifestyle of my youth!
@elitess (5072)
• Ipswich, England
If you put it that way, yes i should be grateful i guess :) I am also glad to hear you are okay my dear friend, Long life and health to you :hugs:
@stvasile (7317)
Geez... you really have your share of surgeries... I never had any surgery - I didn't even had my appendix removed, so I think I really am lucky. Good luck for all of your loved ones, I hope everything will be OK!
@scheng1 (24813)
Hi Elitess, I think your insurance company is having a headache now. With all those close to you having surgeries, it will have to fork out more money. I think you stay far away from all of us here, otherwise we all get infected by you. No fun letting others cut us up! Joke aside, take care of your health. If you have access to Black fish essence, you can buy and drink it every day. It comes in a pack of six bottles. The fish essence will aid in speedy recovery.
@zandi458 (27952)
To many people including me find surgery is a big issue and it could be fatal if something goes wrong in the operating theater. Given the choice I would never want to undergo a surgery and the only experienced I had was when I gave birth to my sons by c-section. I can relate well the pain after the anesthetic wear off. I have not had any family gone for surgery for few years now and I hope there won't be anyone going for surgeries this year. I hope you are recuperating well after your surgery.