fudge in choco brownies staying in the middle?

so i've learned a few things about making choco fudge brownies and what additional ingredients i could incorporate to make it more interesting. now my problem is why the fudge always stays in the middle of the whole brownie. if i start eating at the middle parts of my brownies, it really tastes very chocolatey, and the fudge only makes me want to eat more, but when i begin with those parts in the side, it becomes less interesting as no fudge is left at the sides! how do i get to make the fudge balanced at both the sides and center of my brownies? i hope to get new techniques from this discussion as i'm very passionate at baking such. by the way, i only use an oven toaster for baking since we got no oven here. =)
@yoyo1198 (3643)
The longer you bake the pan of brownies, the cakier it gets. I have found that to get a chewier and less cakey brownie, just bake for less time. The brownies will be quite messy to cut into if you try to cut just when taken from the oven so you will need to let it cool down for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Some people like the fudgy center and the crunchy exterior and go for that. You will need to cut the baking time 5 minutes at a time and see what consistency you like the best. That will come with several batches so you'll be testing a lot of brownies.
i see that baking in less time means the brownies becoming more fudgy. i've also come across that problem of cutting brownies that are fudgy because they tend to be messy and crumbling down to odd shapes, but what i want to do, if possible, is to get the right technique to make the fudge evenly proportioned from the sides and at the center, and most of us here at home are not really fond of eating those cuts at the sides..
@yoyo1198 (3643)
I don't think you can even them out all over as they cook from the outside to the middle. Even with baking less time, you are going to find the middle of the pan fudgier than the outside. You just have to choose what you'd rather have.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
I'm going to go make some brownies now and maybe a chess pie and maybe some cabbage & smoked sausage. So I'll be out of range for a bit.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, jstrnjimenex. Welcome to myLot! I am not so sure how to answer this question, but I can try adding my own advice here to your discussion. I think that you should just make sure that your brownies are cooking at an ample speed. If they are, you will be able to let it cook all of the way, so that the fudge can spread to other parts of the brownie. Or at least all over the brownie.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me I don't know it more what it is but I love to eat only to it nice eating.