What to eat at night when your on a diet?

@adnileb (5017)
I want to lose weight. That's my wish.. LOL But I don't have a specific diet plan. Now, I'm starting not to eat rice at night but haven't checked my weight yet because I'm only on my second week. Can anyone suggest me what to eat to help me on my diet?
You could try a couple of puffed rice patties. Those have few calories but they are crunchy. Carrots or cucumbers are really good too. And celery actually takes more calories to chew and digest than it contains. (i just don't like celery!)
@adnileb (5017)
Hi mac! I also don't like celery! LOL.... I hate its taste even if I don't actually eat it but it's in the food that I eat. =( I tried eating raw carrots, I made it my snack (just like Bugs Bunny) but so crunchy and got bored chewing. LOL. So I prefer cucumbers, it taste good specially when dipped in vinegar with ground pepper. Have you tried that dipping yet?
I really like cucumbers and they are a very low calorie food. I usually just put salt and pepper on them but I like them in vinegar. I love them in vinegar!
Try eating less pasta, bread, french fries and rice and maybe potatoes. If you start making seafood dinners at night that is going to help you also stay away from beef products as those dont help you either. If you start eating white meat and seafood that is going to help you. Stay away from starchs and try cooking up some stir fry vegetables and buy them in the produce section and not the frozen food section. This all is going to help you and buying fresh meat and vegetables will also help you as well. Staying away from stachs is the best thing you can to loose weight but dont forget to exercise and do some home activies that is to do with exercising. You can work out at home rather than going to an ezpensive gym.
@AKRao24 (4248)
Hi Dear Adnileb! First of all Welcome to Mylot forum! From your discussion I understand that you want to reduce your weight and for that you are on dieting! Which means that you want to cut excess of the calories you are taking in, which in turn may get converted into fats! You can definitely achieve this. But I sincerely feel that you could have consulted some expert before starting this dieting programmes of yours! In fact together with calories body requires many other thongs like vitamins, trace elements,essential amino acids etc which we are suppose to provide in the form of regular diet in take ! We need to have thorough knowledge about the food what we are eating along with the calories and the other nutritive values so that you won't end up with any deficiency syndrome while on the dieting! Now a days diabetes is one of the common disorder which can be seen in any age. So under such circumstances dieting can be harmful to the body.Thyroid malfunction is one of the factor responsible for obesity and it may not get corrected with simple dieting! Thus, to avoid unnecessary complications ,I sincerely request you to visit some expert and get a professional advice where you will be thoroughly investigated and a suitable dieting schedule will be given to you with the additional exercises required if any! Now a days we have such professionals available easily at any place,please get help from one of them! Thanks for the discussion, I liked to participate in it! Thanks !
@adnileb (5017)
As per thyroid malfunction, you're right that it one of the factors for obesity. I'm actually a hypothyroid that's why I find it difficult to lose weight even though I'm dieting. When I asked my doctor what are foods to avoid or to eat, she didn't tell me anything. So now, I just rely on the internet for good foods for hypothyroid and also here in myLot for your suggestions. I just couldn't find the right match of foods. (and also a good doctor). Thanks for the information you shared AKR! Have a nice day!
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
Well i don't have a specific diet too but i try to eat the most during breakfast and eat nothing at all after 7pm. If i get hungry i just drink green tea or somthing like that. But i don't know if it works. Try exercising. I try to run everyday.
@adnileb (5017)
I eat lots of food during the day because I know I'd be eating a little at night. Sometimes when I get hungry, I just drink water. But sometimes, when I'm really super hungry, I can't help but eat some snack. LOL. Just like now, I'm hungry but I'll try to control myself not to eat. =)
@suspenseful (40326)
I eat Rye crisps, whole grain breads, or sprouted whole grain bread. Also I will eat vegetables like celery and carrots with almond or peanut butter. I would avoid cheeses after six or so because you do not want to get bunged up when you have to go to the bathroom. Also avoid water in the evening, and have it earlier then the day. You can also eat fruits like berries, and yogurt as long as it is not sweetened. I will also eat ground flaxseed to the mix.
@adnileb (5017)
Hmmm. Sounds a nice idea... Maybe I'll check on them soon. But yogurt? I hate its taste. =( I don't think I can even swallow a teaspoon of it.
@suspenseful (40326)
Try Greek Yogurt. The regular yogurt does not taste that good, especially the no fat or low fat kind. I use the regular Greek yogurt not the low fat kind. It is quite good. Of course a tsp ma;y be alal right, but I like about half a cup.
@adnileb (5017)
I don't if I can eat it even if it's Greek yogurt... =( I really don't like it...
@icegermany (2524)
i think eating lots of fruits would help you lose your weight, taking juices whenever you are hungry. dieting is really difficult and you have too control on things what you like.
@adnileb (5017)
I tried the banana diet. Have you heard of that? Eating as many bananas as you can in the morning and then eat normally for lunch and diner. Well, it didn't work for me. =) Before, i eat only apples and pears in the evening and some juices too. It helped a little but I discontinue taking them because I feel much hungrier. =(
@agrim94 (3812)
Hi adnileb, The banana diet is i think one you are referring to is i think was designed for the workers of the General Motors in which it asked you to have 8 bananas on day 1 and then keep changing your food. But it also asked you to exercise 30 mins a day. I think if you are on diet than you should avoid bananas as they are high calorie food.
@adnileb (5017)
@agrim: Is that so? I haven't read about that. Thanks for the info! Actually I stopped the banana diet because it makes me hungrier.. =)
@jhaidro (879)
I think that it will be good to have a rice substitute like bread. Just make sure that it is not sweet or anything like that. Also, have lots of water whenever you feel hungry. I think that its OK as long as you are still taking in the needed nutrients your body needs for the entire day. I also think that it is a good idea not to check on your weight yet. Just keep on going and be surprised of how good the result will be anytime soon.
@adnileb (5017)
They say if you will just eat bread, eat rice because it's much better than bread. I have actually tried lots of diet plans but none of them seem to work for me. I don't know if I'm doing it right or it's just not for me. ell, I'll try to look for another until I get the right one for me.
@jhaidro (879)
Sounds like a good plan my friend. I hope things go well. take care
@adnileb (5017)
Hope so... I plan to jog on weekends. Hope this can help also. hehehe... Have a nice day jhaidro..!
@lakshmi11 (279)
Hey adnileb, I think we have something in common. I am just like you. I don't like diets. I think that it is important to find a way to loose weight without these terrible diets. Well, I found that there are three things that make me gain weight very fast and these are all kinds of starches, sugar, and too much fat of the wrong kind. So I only eat oatmeal for breakfast, which would be the only thing filling with starches. The rest of the day I eat what I like a lot of veggies, some meat and fruit.-Bananas are really high in starches and I do not eat more than a half a day as long as I am on my way to loose weight. I also found that a good way to have a satisfying night meal is a green salad. You can mix it with olive oil, salt, other spices and lemon juice and then add a little meat or cheese or an egg for a more satisfying feeling. There are so many different ingredients you can add to have a different one every time. If you like fish eat that with the salad sometimes.
@adnileb (5017)
Oust diet!! LOL Well, I seldom eat fatty foods. I'm more on veggies and seafoods. But still, I gain weight because I'm hypothyroid. Before, I always eat fresh green salad, but now I stopped because it's not good for my thyroid specially lettuce. I miss eating salads. Hope my thyroid will function well someday so I can eat veggie salad again. I think you should eat rice during breakfast because it's the important meal of the day. Wish us luck on losing weight!! Have a nice day!