Why they are giving importance to them.....?

I am talking about teenage girls. This link is very much useful book of "teenage girls beauty tips". https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ziddu.com%2Fdownloadlink%2F13805886%2Fteenagegirlbeautytips.doc They are fully interested and giving importance to beauty only. Why? Especially the "Hair", they are giving first preference. If some have less hair or short hair they are suffering with insecurity feeling. Coming Face, nails, eye brows....like wise they are giving so much importance to beauty. I know very well that, the another name for Beauty is a girl only. Beauty is more important. HARDWORK CAN SHINES A MEN IN THE SOCIETY. BEAUTY CAN SHINES A WOMEN IN THE SOCIETY(For her self satisfaction also). The love to see the beauty in character. Main importance is only for her character not to her beauty, Although beauty is a small factor. Do you believe that "the beauty of a girl is having first preference?(in anywhere). Or the character?
Because, teen girls are the main market right now. They like "Twilight", Justin Bieber (Of course, I have no idea why?), they like "Jersey Shore" (again this one goes over my head), they love hair and make-up, they like looking like they came out of the 80s and 90s (Excuse me Millenials, but Hipsters did it first, and if you weren't born before 1992, then you just don't get it!), and they think that they are awesome because they grew up with technology (Okay, I was born in the 80s, 1984 to be exact, and I know what it was like not to have a cell phone, a computer and basic cable). Teen girls just don't get it. It's not about what's hip. It's about what you want. Don't be into something, just because your friends are. I was into Hanson just because my cousin was, and she still "stabbed me in the back", then again, she wasn't a real friend to begin with. If you follow what other people have to tell you, you are the fool and you are a sheep. Don't listen to what the media and other people have to tell you. If you want to do something, do it. If you have a great idea, make something out of it. You all think Justin Bieber and looking like you came from another decade is cool, but be honest with yourself, you just following what everyone else wants you to follow because they make it seem cool. I would use the "jumping off of a bridge" analogy, but you all have heard it too many times from your parents, so I won't indulge you. Just be yourselves! I like Aromatherapy, music that reflects my mood, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, double socks, Chapstick, and black shoes (because black really does go with everything). I love reading comic books, graphic novels, and science fiction literature. I love watching medical shows, the History Channel, and watching "Hero Shows" and sci-fi shows no matter how lame other people say they are (I learn from a writers terrible writing so that I can write something better). You don't have to follow in everyone else's footsteps. Men are attracted to smart, intelligent, confident women. It's not about what you look like. Your man just wants you to have a mind of your own, and think for yourself.
Friend, i am not a fan of justin bieber. I just saw him in twitter page with lakhs of followers. Thats it.
As a boy, i have my own tastes and standards...
Okay, wait, if you a a guy (man), then why do you have a woman on your avatar? I really do wonder about that. My avatar picture is actually a picture of me. I am a woman, and I don't hide it. I know a lot about what teen girls are into because I have teen girl nieces, but none of them are into Bieber because the know he looks like a girl. They love clothes, hair, make-up, and shoes (one of my nieces has more shoes than that teen girl from "Clueless". She puts my shoe collection to shame). I also know that these girls need to develop a mind of their own, and not be so into their looks and not be so materialistic.
I wear make up and dress nicely almost all the time. But I am not one that does it for anyone as this is who I am. It makes me feel really good about doing so and it is not an obligation or do I do it to impress anyone. Today many are influenced and start way too young. Beauty can be simply dressing descent and being clean, but some of us just like the extra touch. It should not be something that prioritized in life but unfortunately the media and society are heavy on influencing without thinking that some go overboard.
I know very well about my honey, no need to tell about you with me. Ok, let it leave. coming to teenage girls, Why they are fully in pressure to a slim body? and why they are influenced to focus only on beauty? And how they can overcome it?
It is the media and what it portrays. In other wards the media and magazines show all these really skinny women and only talk about how well they are doing and show them off so much that it plays with young girls minds. They can not overcome it if they feel that beauty is done for others, as if they realize that they should only do it for themselves they will continue to get competitive and use it more.
The teenage girls have to know that the face beauty is not always prior. The beauty in words, The beauty in heart is more important. My honey words are really so sweet to listen.
• Marion, Kansas
Unfortunately, even in modern societies, girls are taught to think of themselves as objects. It is unusual for girls to have self confidence to overcome this social tendency. There have even been studies done that indicate that very smart girls begin to pretend to be dumb as they enter their teen years, in order not to offend or challenge the boys and make them feel badly. Girls think they are not much value if boys do not like them. It is all a bunch of lies that many societies tell women.
And now a days every girl is crazy about "slim body". Why they want to do diet? They have to eat well food and be healthy. Why they are sleeping with hungry stomach?
• Marion, Kansas
It is because we put so much emphasis on what we look like. I have been known to do it as well when I was younger.
The teenage girls have to focus on good healthy food.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I believe you are as beautiful as you think you are. I don't believe in letting other people judge you like that. But that is also the society that we're in now. Beauty is make up and diets and anorexia. Girls see these models and thety want to be like them but they don't realize that skinny isn't neccessarily the healthy choice. Some of the models the girls take after could probably tell you that they have a hard time eating because they need to keep their figure and wieght. No one wants to take the time to talk to the youth of America about the consequences of what looking like a model will do to you. Instead of telling the girls to be themselves and be proud of who they are we say go, make yourself sick for no apparent reason. We need to make a change but it's going to take more than one person.
I believe that a woman with a good character is beautiful. It's a beauty that radiates from within. With character, she is able to affect the people around her regardless of words or actions. What is beauty if the brain is empty? Why focus on something that will not last. Beauty fades through time but character lingers on.
@tiffnkeat (1679)
There are certain profession where ladies thrive and the prettier you are, the easier to get the work done. No, I am not talking about social escorts or the like of it, but professions like insurance, car sales, home sale, etc. Somehow, the ones showing the big bucks are the guys and it is easier to get the ladies to do the job. Nowadays, the young girls are learning fast. So it is no wonder the character-thin society emphasizes for the girls to build physical beauty more than character beauty. For occupation, it works. For the criteria of a wife, a guy may look at the face beauty (initial physical attraction), but that won't last. Only true character stays. So it really depends which aspect we are discussing.
@Liliac26 (558)
Unfortunately, women in society are still judged by their looks. By men, as well as by other women. And encouraging teenage girls to obsess over their looks won't help change things. I'm not saying that taking care of oneself and trying to look nice isn't important, because it is, but the most important thing should be taking care of one's mind and trying to do something with one's life. Young girls should be encouraged to learn and value themselves as thinking individuals, not simply as decoration.
@r3jcorp (1384)
I see lots of that kind of girls with my daughter's classmates. They give high regards to how they look. But with my daughter who is the youngest in the class, at present, her only concern is how to trim down her weight. Other than that, she just wanted simple looks, a combed hair is enough with shirt and jeans.
@RobtheRock (2485)
I don't think it's all due to society. There seems to be something about females that give them immense pleasure when complimented. I've seen this with females and not with males. I think society helps to magnify this with girls and many teenage girls are effected the most.
@JenInTN (27568)
I think this goes back to the presentation of beauty by the media and magazines. It is almost unavoidable that young girls are exposed to what the media portrays as "beauty" At the teen point, they are already wanting to find their place in the world and beauty is a strong influence in their eyes. They feel more accepted. It's a shame really..it is so much later when they learn their true strengths.
I KNOW, its awful! But that is why we have to be strong! people are always always going to try shove something down your throat, and we just have to realize that. So you are right, we can ALL shine in society without that stuff, we just have to reevaluate whats important. And understand looks for sure isn't thats why we don't have our looks forever, that is why we get old we are not meant to live off of our looks alone but live off of whats in our hearts, and whats in our character, and whats in our mind. Thank you for this topic, you helped to reinforce within me whats really important, my mind and heart, NOT my hair.