They haven't won yet.....so?

@dfollin (12780)
Earlier and almost everyday I have been watching,"The Price is Right" game show and all the contestants act all crazy!They are jumping around,acting all shocked and hugging complete strangers and dancing like they had just won the lottery or got a big promotion or something.When they haven't even played the game yet only given opportunity to win. Wonder if they pay those people to act that way? What do you think?
@ravinskye (8242)
I don't think they pay the people to act that way. I think that most the people that go to see the show are fanatics. They are huge fans that love the show and the excitement of being on tv. I think it's the excitement of being lucky enough to get called down out of all the people that are in the audience. It's the excitement of being on tv too. Even if you don't win, all your friends and family get to see you on tv. I'm sure though that they are encouraged to act or show their excitement if they get called down.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I haven't watched it in a long time but some of them do go crazy. I doubt they do pay them to act that way but u can't ever tell about anything anymore.
@Lore2009 (7388)
Hahah, I used to see that show in the morning when I was a kid. But I think those people are just so excited to be there.
@echomonster (2227)
• Greenwood, Mississippi
"The Price Is Right" has always had overenthusiastic contestants for as long as I can remember...it's just part of the show's atmosphere. My guess is contestants are genuinely excited about being chosen to compete (that in itself is probably a once in a lifetime experience) and they've also watched the show at home and know how the contestants are supposed to act. Are you sure the contestants are hugging complete strangers, though? Most seem to bring along an entourage to root them on so they may be hugging friends and family.