How do I recover when I lost my temper?

@Trensue (5265)
Oh, my goodness. I lost my temper. It is not that I did not mean every word I said, but the manner in which I said it was not polite! So what do I do now? I am still angry and grrrr! A nap? A walk? what do you think?
@Polly1 (12650)
I wash dishes, vacuum something like that. I just have to do something to cool off. I don't like losing my temper and getting mad. Hope it gets better for you. You can always mylot, get them fingers moving...
@Trensue (5265)
Yeah, expect here is where I lost my temper!! I can not believe how riled up I can get.
@Polly1 (12650)
Opppsss!!
@zandi458 (27954)
When I am angry, I will usually end up finding a scapegoat to vent my anger. Only when I have poured out my anger do I feel relieved and my mood return to normalcy.
@Trensue (5265)
Wanna by my scapegoat? lol
@naija4real (1293)
Everyone is bound to loose a temper at one point in time. Yours can not be an exception. But there are remedy that can help you. When you are angry just play your favourite music and that will refresh your mind and set you in a good mood. A good walk from the scene that made you lose your temper will be a plus for you!
When I've lost it then I usually spend some time walking or reading a book just to cool down. Or if I need to cool down immediately then I sit down and breathe for a little bit. I always try to apologize as soon as I realize I might have hurt someone. Sometimes I need to cool down first and then I come back and apologize, but I make a point of apologizing when things have really gone wrong.
@Trensue (5265)
I am not sorry yet, so I must have some more soul searching to do.
Maybe. I usually am sorry the instant I've hurt someone... I might still disagree or think that they HAVE done something wrong... but I'm still going to hold myself accountable for my faults regardless of what they've done. Usually when you've hurt someone, lost your temper and lashed out... you've done something that requires an apology.
@Trensue (5265)
You are clearly a better person than I - because I am still stewing.
@webearn99 (1744)
To recover your composure sit quietly and reflect on what made you do this. Swear you will not do it again. Face your tormentor and tell that person what you feel without emotion. Apologize for the earlier rant. You will not be tormented by guilt. That is your reward.
@Trensue (5265)
But I will do it again ~ even now I would say the same thing - I am still very angry.
@glnnvl (23)
We have all said things that we did not intend to say or said in a manner that we did not mean....maybe an apology to the person you said it to.....not for what u said but for how you said it..sometimes that is the only way to calm the soul after doing something out of character.....or maybe an extra effort to do better next time, if a next time presents itself. Either way, we can't beat ourselves up everytime we make a mistake....use that energy in a positive manner. Good Luck, Trensue!!!!