Life is so full of shitt I can't help but to laugh..

I am not mad right now just to let you know. It is just funnyo how I was called by cps and told I was in trouble. Then she came over and told me I was in trouble because I moved out and left my daughter to live alone. Right then and there I said I did not move out and leave her. I had to lie because it dawned on me that I would be locked up after all that has happened to me. So she aske if my stuff was still there in the house ad I said yes. I had to stop and ask for forgiveness because I was not admitting to that with her. I don't know how they could put me in court for child abanddonment when I was totally mistreated and disrespected. Even in front of her I was treated this way. Good thing is my daughter is still doing very well. She is doing her best not to be rude and nasty and it feels so good. The cps worker set us up with familly therapy and will close the case in two weeks. I will do what I have to then. another good thing is finally she got through to my daughter about her boyfriend. she told her if she continuees to bring him in the house he will go to jail and not me her mother. So at the age 17..may 12th she can be with him without anyone saying anything to her. So till then he will stay in his own home. Can you belive the sate can put me in jail for leaving her alone. But,I was told by the police she was able to be alone.. Ca you laugh with me please?
Amazing how you ask for help and they turn around to somehow get you in trouble. Gee so much for helping people. So if you were to slap her inside out what do you think they would do, as certainly you could have said to them, I had to leave for a few days because you would not help secure my own safety. But wait that would get you in trouble too. Darn their system is really screwed up!
Girl if I was to let these people stress me right now I would not make it. I am just going to live and let live. She is on her best behavior right now. Cleaning the house,washing her clothes. the whole nine yards. Now she finds out in two months she can be with her man. it will get better in time. We are both in family therapy now and that should help.
@sid556 (31006)
At least you aren't letting this get to you! It shouldn't. The system regarding kids at this age is so messed up and it contradicts itself. It would have to go to court before they arrest you and I am telling you that you would not even need a lawyer...it would not go anywhere. You are providing for her and you have not abandoned her.
Geeze, are these people for real? A lot of 16 year olds leave home and they don't get into trouble for it, why should the parent get into trouble when they leave their 16 year old home alone? For crying out loud, when you're 16 you already know the difference between right and wrong, are old enough to drive, and pretty much old enough to take responsibility for yourself. I know that 2 weeks can't come soon enough, but before you know it, it will. It wont be the easiest time of your life, but take it one day at a time, and that's how you'll get through it.
I am not stressing it at all. I am going to do my one day at a time. It will be ok.
• Abbeville, Mississippi
i thought i was the only one going though that with my daughter. she is 19 know and going to throw her life away to be with this guy. and all we do for them we are the ones that gets in trouble because of a guy. so all i can say is just put it in the Lords hands and let him handle it.
• Marion, Kansas
You have not abandoned her. You still have the apartment in your name, you still make sure she has a way to get food. You and Adrian have taken her to school when it was raining. She knows where you are, and how to get ahold of you. If she left you, you could not stop her. I think you got some clarification and support about the boyfriend. It helps that CPS said he could not be there.
I told ya! You are responsible until she is of age. Better to live there with her.. You set the rules and put your foot down or the cops are called. Or they come and take ya away. I am so glad your daughter is still doing well and hope that it continues. Glad to hear CPS is siding with you on her boyfriend. Oh, I am laughing with you but afew tears here and there too. I remember how frustrated I was and how awful it was. Tough love! Yahooee!
I am happy in the long run as well. We will work it out.
Ya, I am alittle sarcastic these days aren't I?
@carmelanirel (20979)
I thought someone told you you could leave her alone..I take it you didn't get it in writing? That stinks, because I wonder if you had it in writing then they could do nothing...This is a good time to invest in a tape recorder, but remember, the people you are taping have to know you are recording them or it won't be good..Then maybe you can get the "real" answers for the help you need...
The poilce told me she could stay alone. I guess scp feels like it is abandonment.
I would stick with scp and even get a signed document so that if ever the police are involved and tell you this, you can just show the paper to them and maybe teach an officer something he or she didn't know before....
The whole thing sounds pretty damn crazy to me!
Thank goodness the case sould be closed soon.
I don't know your situation or your struggle and I'm not going to sit here and try to relate with that because I can't. However, I can say this.. and I mean not to disrespect you in anyway or whatever religion that you choose.. but God.. can and will make a way out of no way. He will never put more on you than you can bear and it's only to make you stronger. In a situation like that, you just have to put everything in God's hands. If you raised your daughter up in the respects of what YOU thought to be right way as a parent, once they become of age you are no longer responsible for what they do or their actions. You just pray over them that God will protect them and guide them in the direction that you tried to guide them in and is no longer there to do. I hope this helps.
@jazel_juan (15767)
can you believe how could such child who used to be so cuddly and cute become such rebellious teen? i am scared, lol i have a daughter and hopefully she will not give me pain in the neck when she grows up. but then life is often like that i guess.. so full of rocky road. soemtimes sweet sometimes bitter.
@Polly1 (12650)
Ok I will laugh with you. Hahahahahahahahaha. Its a bunch of crap isn't it. Glad you thought fast and lied to them. You did what you had to do. them people aren't living in your shoes, they haven't been dealing with your daughter. I am so happy that things are better for the two of you. See, what you did worked. We can't let our kids rule us. Its the hardest job in the world, trying to be a good parent. You have been doing a good job.
@sid556 (31006)
Hi gifts, Ok..I'll laugh with you. I can so relate to the stupidity of the laws. I kind of wondered how you were getting away with living with Adrian and leaving her at home alone like that. The laws vary from state to state so I figured that was it. When my daughter was 17, housing (govt.organization, right?) evicted her from my home because of stuff she pulled across town but managed to land front'page news. (oops). So she is court-ordered to stay off the property and CPS calls me and tells me that I could be in trouble for neglecting my daughter. I asked them how they figured I was neglecting her. They said that I was I was not providing for her. Technically they claimed they could take me to court and charge me. I'm not sure it would of gone anywhere if they had. I did in fact make sure she had food and she always had a roof over her head even if it wasn't mine. I never stopped loving her nor did I abandon her and she knew it. If they took me to court, I would have fought the charges.