For Weirdos Only

@erikmama (12929)
The Internet is something that 99% of the population uses every single da y pf their life. There is practically nothing that you can not do on the Internet. I personally spend about 10 hours per day on the Intenet, the majority of it working on writing articles. A friend of mine earlier told me that only those with no lives and nothing to do stay online endless hours per day...I guess that includes me in that category, since I am on here so much. So what do you think? Do only weirdos and people with no lives spend time on the Internet? Is it not normal for people to be on the Internet? What consumes your Internet time?
I would have to disagree with your friend as the internet is really for people who want actually do something. In fact the internet is where I earn money, where I learned Photoshop, PHP Scripting, Programming, Web Design. Thanks to the internet with these skills I have gained I am able to earn steady streams of income. The internet can be very useful and at the same time be a waste of time, it all depends on how you use the time. From what I hear, you write articles and earn for it so in my opinion your time is spent well as you not only increase your writing skills, but increase the size of your wallet.
@vannyt (344)
Spartan where did you learn all those stuff? Can you give me the sites? I wanted to learn those things. Thanks.
@erikmama (12929)
Hi Spartan and Vanny!!!! I can say that I love the Internet. There is just so much that you can do on here. Lie you have stated, there is the possiblity of learning new skills, going to college, learning new things, making new friends, finding old friends, shopping, and of course, making money!! I am so happy to hear that the Internet has been so useful to you!! If you use your time wisely, like you did, then there are really unlimites possiblities for using the net. I think that my time on here is well spent, though I do agree that a break now and again would not hurt me!
I cannot agree with your friend as I am one who specifically earns via the internet. I am part of a Theater Company, I also run way model on occasion. Several times a year a part-take with a specific Charity. I also go to the movies and party sometimes. So I think I have more of a life then some who only work off-line. So for someone to say that I am a weirdo, well not only do I earn, I also have fun as I am part of myLot where I have made some really great myLot friendships.
Is this part of the interview process for your open position??
@erikmama (12929)
I do not think we are weirdos, I think we are smart! While I do not have much of life other than being a mama, it is fine with me, and I consider myself to be completley normal...whatever that may be... I must have missed the application deadline. :(
@bounce58 (17524)
Actually, I have a regular job. And most of our applications at work are web based, so we also go on the internet for endless hours. So, if this is being a weirdo, then please tell your friend that there are more than 600 of us in the company I work for. We are all weirdos! And the reason I have no life is of my own choice, the internet has nothing to do with it. -weirdo bounce
@erikmama (12929)
I use to wrok at Priceline, and was on that site for 8 to 10 hours a day. During the times that I did not have a call, I would be doing other things to make money, so the entire time was spent online. At least no I am actually making money, righ??? I guess that the majority of the world are all weirdos if being on the Internet constitutes being a weirdo!!
@jennyze (7048)
To my view, yes, only people with no lives spend so much on the internet. They are afraid of facing live in reality and spend most of the time online and associated themselves with an abstract world, internet. If you have more more activities offline, you would not stuck with the internet. If you are stuck with the internet that means you do not have that many activities offline thus no lives. You should have a balance between internet life and real life, then you can say you live well.
@erikmama (12929)
How muxh time do you say you spend onlie? I am on the Internet a lot, bt I ammaking money for the most part while I am on here. I do not do a lot on the outsid because I choose not to do it, but I feel that there is nothing wrong with being on the Internet if you are making money.
@jennyze (7048)
I am online only when I am at work, that will be 8 hours a day. I sleep for around 6 hours every night. The 10 hours left I spend them visiting relatives or friend, watching movies or going to the cinema, eating out, going to mall even though I do not buy anything, reading, helping nieces and nephews with their school works, shopping groceries, and more during weekend, like going to countryside and meet and chat with people I met during the rides, spending weekend in the hill and enjoy the panorama, etc. Judging from all the responses here where spending lots of time online is normal than I guess I am the weirdo.
@erikmama (12929)
It seems that you have a good balance in life, which is always important. As long as you are having fun then it does not matter what you are doing, and I think that we all need to have some fun in our lives. All work and no play will nbring the best of use down!! I think that it varies according to each person and how involved they are with the things that they are fdoung oline. I dont think any of us are weirdos!!
The internet is easy to be lost in, so it depends somewhat what you spend your time on. If you're online playing games, or just killing time then yes you might be considered a person with "no life." Even if you are doing research or productive things on the internet, it still can overcome you. It never hurts to get out of the house, and some people can use the internet to avoid that social interaction. I spend most of my internet time on facebook, and pointless websites, guess I have "no life" either. haha. It definitely wouldn't hurt for me to get out more, but i'm comfortable with the amount of hanging out I do with my friends.
@erikmama (12929)
You got that right!! Before you know it you ave spent oodles of hours online, with so much left that you want to do. I have no life, but I m happy with my no life. I do not get into any troule, and I save a lot of money while making money most of the time tht I am on here. I agree that you do need to ave other things in your life,and alwasy take the needed time to participate in things with family and friends. i do not think there is anything weird about it at all.
I can't agree with your friend. Although I'm not spending great deal of my time here but I know some of people who did so. People who works and make living from online jobs are not weirdos, they're normal. For me, as a mother of 2 little girls, I can't stay on the net for too long. So I'll say I'm not consuming much of my time.
@erikmama (12929)
I work online,too, and do not see anything weird about it. I quie enjoy being able to stay at home and make money. I do not do a whole lot else, but still do not consider myself, or anyone else who does it, to be weird.
only weirdos huh? well while i was walking down the black roads and as time shifted in ever changing colors i thought about the internet and how so like a person it is. it extends its hand to me and beckons me to join it in it's light. i stay. i sit. i chat. i... uh oh... i guess your friend's right. i am acting a bit weird tonight blame it on the internet hehehe
@erikmama (12929)
LOL
@vannyt (344)
I think your friend has a cyberphobia, just don't like to admit it or she only knows of old school definition of internet. In the present time a think internet savvy people are the normal ones and not the weirdos.
@erikmama (12929)
Define that word for me, please. Yes, I m serious. No clue what it means... I think that normal these days id to be on the Intenret. I actually look weird at those who say they do not have a computer or the internet.
I think that whoever said that internet are for weirdos is terribly mistaken. Besides the earning options that are offered it is also a good reference site for anything that you need to know. We could consider the net as a big source of information and it would take our time researching in the net.
@erikmama (12929)
I think so, too!! I make great money online, and anyone who says that I am weird for doing that is definitely weird in my book!! The Internet offers so much. You just can not go wrong with it! There is almost anything that you want to do offered online. I mean, what could be better??
@Liliac26 (558)
The weirdos can never be the majority. And today the majority of people spend a lot of time on the Internet. So, I agree with what everyone else said here and disagree with your friend. I'm also not in favor of labeling people as weirdos. We're all different in our own ways and that's a good thing!
@erikmama (12929)
Who is to say what a weirdo is, anyway??? I guess we can all have a differnet opion of what a weirdo is,and this is not what I would consider to be weird... We all do us no matter if it entails spending 40 hours a week online. And hey, if you are making money or enjoying the time that you are online, what i wrong with that??
@TwiKnight (107)
I would consider myself an oddball in many an aspect, in this case, I too spend most of my time on the internet, mostly trying to look for other online earning alternatives to earn an extra buck besides writing articles online too. Oh, and watching Monty Python too with the rest of my time. :) As they say, laughter is the best medicine there is. I brand as weirdos only those who spend a large portion of their time on things that express no meaning in any way, like posting useless status updates in facebook, chatting for hours on end (probably about a poodle peeing by the fire hydrant and got killed by an incoming Bentley the next minute) and so on.
@erikmama (12929)
I think that the majority of people spend a few hours online each day, and it is a lot better than going out and getting into some kind of trouble no matter what others may have to say about it. For me I do not see anything wrong with anything that people choose to do online, I just see some things as being more produtive than others. If the Internet has affected you socially or in another way, then perhaps you are a weirdo. Good luck inyour search for online earnings.I you are in teh UD I can give you some gr8 sites to earn!!