The floor is vibrating again, dog is sleeping, haha.

The older my dog gets, the worse he starts to snore. I know he's overweight, and I'm working on trying to lower his weight. I know that's part of the reason why he snores, and loudly I might add. He could be sleeping behind the front door, about 12 feet away and I'd be able to feel him snoring, he pretty much rocks the house. I know it's not a funny thing, but I do have to laugh, the vibration is so funny. Sometimes he makes these strange noises and the snoring stops, this is when he's in dream mode. His entire body starts heaving and he looks like he's chasing something. The other day, he must have been having a nice dream as he was thumping his tail on the floor, something I've never seen him do before. My guy is such a character, I just don't know how he's going to sleep when I put a cone on his head tonight. He sleeps more and more, because he's older and just doesn't want to do anything anymore. I can't do much with him, I take him for a walk to the end of the street and he's tired before we get turned around to come back. I noticed this last year before we moved, he wouldn't go easily on our 5k walks, he just couldn't tolerate it anymore. So now he sleeps. He wont even play much in the backyard, a few minutes chasing a stick is all he has the energy for. He's 10 years old, certainly not a puppy anymore, and I know his time is near. So I make sure he's comfortable, give him lots of love and make sure he's happy. As long as the floor is vibrating, I know for sure that he's still with us.
you know at some point based on your topic title i sensed you were a little worried about upcoming earthquake or something,turns out it's not.since that i think anyway an elaborate article by a dogperson who had a lot of dog fun and a cat avatar image should be responded.
Lol, I must spook people with my topic. I would love to put a picture of my dog and cat up together, but the cat wont sit still long enough to get a shot of him with the dog. My dog is crazy sometimes, I've got to hand him that.
maybe forcely shackle them together
out of love
I have a cat that snores, and he also purrs loudly. Hubby says he sounds like a flock of pigeons. My old cat does not snore, and he is the one I worry about. I wish I slept as well as the cats do.
My cat sleeps a lot too, and he purrs loudly as well. He doesn't snore much, but I can hear him breathing most of the time. He's about 8 years old, but not exactly sure.
@daeckardt (6245)
Hopefully the floor keeps vibrating then. As far as his health goes, it sounds like he has lived a long life. What kind of dog is he? I know the larger breeds generally don't live as long as smaller ones (or so I heard). I guess if you just exercise him as much as he can tolerate it is better than nothing at all. I hope that he tolerates the cone because it would not be good for him to keep picking at the spot on his leg. I'm sure that if you just ignore his efforts to get out of it, he will eventually accept it. He might not like it, but it is better than causing further irritation to his leg. Good luck with that!
He has lived a long life. He's a yellow lab. So far, he is tolerating the collar, he's sleeping yet again, but given that it's late at night, he wouldn't be doing anything else.
@amirev777 (2552)
Hi Ha!ha!ha!That was a real funny discussion that you have posted. Initially I though it was some serious topic dealing with some earthquake or something. An obese dog is a funny concept. We are usually used to obese humans.