Home security systems/equipments – are they really worthy.

@SHAMRACK (8443)
Recently a friend of me has installed his home with an 8mm remote security system. This was something new for me and moreover it is costly for me. But the features it provides are really useful a movable camera that is operated with a remote and viewed in laptop or television. Moreover there is a metal wire going on the wall which is electrified that too with the remote. The gates are opened and closed with remote, the person on the gate and vehicles are scanned before entering. All these can be viewed in his laptop. May be even more features to explain. I hope these features really something exiting. Moreover the person could get some privacy with security.
@suspenseful (40316)
He must be rich and have an estate. I am not but I do have a basic alarm system with the doors secured, and a night setting if I am at home and aso a setting if I am away. I also have one of those pendants you put around your neck, and the key holder with the controls. My husband ordered it when he was in a power chair permanenly - he had als - because if someone broke in, he no longer had the strength to defend me, although I am not that weak. If you live alone and if there is a lot of activity and you do not have a dog, an alarm system is worth it.
@SHAMRACK (8443)
He is working in defense as Commander. He gets this from government approvals.
@suspenseful (40316)
That explains a lot. He'd need to have a secure system, al those threats from crazies and terrorists, plus things that are necessary to keep secret.
@megamatt (14327)
Well it can't hurt that much to get home security. Whether it will help this much, with the thieves knowing what is top of the line more easily due to the Internet, that is another matter entirely. The fact is, that just proves that we do have a need for home security and to keep an eye out for some suspicious individuals that are around the house. Still cameras, well hidden, will help catch people if they try something. Useful information if someone does find a way inside. Of course, the best home security system is only as good as the person who is setting it up. Therefore, if there is no common sense about securing your home, then you can spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars and still get robbed blind if it is not utilized properly with the proper common sense.
@SHAMRACK (8443)
May be a better home security could give a better outcome and safety.
@JenInTN (27565)
I think that a security system can be very handy depending on where one lives. There has become a rise in crime in my area and people more and more are turning to security systems that are monitored by certain companies 24 hours a day. If the security system is tripped..the police or security workers are there in minutes. I think that they might become more of a need in the future.
@SHAMRACK (8443)
May be future is too insecure. Moreover those break in to houses would also be more hi tech.