In the Mood For Cleaning...

@erikmama (12929)
I have been in an ultimate cleaning mood today, scrubbing everything from the tub to the walls...It is not often I get in a mood to totally clean my house, but tpday was the day and my house is screaming thank you from all angles... I just think it is amusing that women get into cleaning moods for no apparant reason, while most men never seem to have one of these cleaing moods!! Do you know any men who have cleaingin moods? What did you do th e last time the mood to clean struck you? Why do you think it is we get into a cleaning mood/ Have you noticed your cleaning mood triggers?
Mine would start with a dirty sink. When I start washing the dishes, I would look at the whole kitchen and then decide that it also needs a good cleaning, and then it goes all the way in the house until I realized that I cleaned everything already. Hahahaha! I do love the feeling of cleaning, and then the great accomplishment after you have cleaned the whole house and it looks great. My brother sometimes has a cleaning fever. Hahaha. Though it seems that it strikes him only around thrice every year, but when it does, he cleans the house and he cleans well! Hahaha! I just hope that he would do it more than just 3 times a year though.
@erikmama (12929)
I think that is a big influence on cleaning the rest of the house, and that has happened to me before, too. Nothing like a clean home! I love the smell of clean. It is a great accomplishment, though for me it usually doesn't last very long... It seems most boys and men are rarely into cleaning moods so it is cool that your brother has them.
I know I need to clean house and if I can get homework done I should be able tom start cleaning this coming weekend. I have been so busy with school and my husband has been working so many crazy hours the last few days that my sleep schedule has been off by quite a bit. I am pushing myself to get all the homework done by Thursday so I can start cleaning on Friday and get it done by Sunday. I do massive cleaning one time per season and am behind. I had not done any cleaning in the winter due to health problems and need to catch up.
@erikmama (12929)
For me cleaning the house is the last thing I want to do. I seem to clean half the day away for it to still be a mess and I am not sure how it happens like that! It can be hard to find the time to do a deep cleaining hjob when you are so busy and I can defintiley understand thaat. Dont worry to much about it! You gotta take care of yourself first
@lilaclady (28240)
I wish I got into those moods more often, I hate doing all that well since I got my computer i hate housework and gardening so if you don't have enough to to do when you are in one of your moods you can come to my place...
@erikmama (12929)
I wish I did too! They are very few and far between I am here to tell ya! The computer is alwyas more fun but we do need to take time off the computer now and ahain.
@weasel81 (2501)
we must have been thinking alike then. i cleaned out a cardboard and the lounge room today, got rid of a heap of things as well. then on the weekend i actually got on my mums lawn mower and did the orchard for her. don't why just did it at long last. but today i'd had 2 cans of that v drink, which stopped me from having my afternoon nap. and i had to do something while waiting for my mum to come and get her dog from my place or i would have sat on chat and mylot most the afternoon. hehe
@erikmama (12929)
Great minds think alike!! I like the idea of mylotting for the day! It is good to get soe much needed cleaning done though.
@cher913 (25890)
that sort of mood hardly ever hits me! so i was wondering, wanna come over to my house while you are still in that mood?
@erikmama (12929)
Nope! I gotta take advantage of it when it happens to clean my own. We rarely see it around here...Maybe you should get a maid! Then you would have a super sparkly home all of the time!!
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, erikmama. I was in a cleaning mood myself yesterday. I cleaned both of my bathrooms out. I also mopped too. I love the fresh smell after that too. My husband was in a good cleaning mood yesterday. He washed the dishes up when I dozed off after going to sleep on the chair. He vacuumed the living room floor too. He did a lot yesterday. I always seem to be the one that does all of this. But today, he was in the mood to. I was glad that he cleaned up, because I was so exhausted yesterday from cooking Sunday dinner and cleaning both of the bathrooms too. I am glad that he chipped in.
@erikmama (12929)
It must be in the air!Seems a lot of us have been in cleaning moods as of late...But that is always a good thing. As weird as it may osund, bleach and/or Pine-Sol are the two best air freshners for a home!!
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
actually the past weekend, i was in some kind of mood like you explained too. i seldom clean my room and Sunday was the day i somehow got energy to clean it. i was actually on the internet, then suddenly i just turned my laptop off and started cleaning my room lol My mom was really happy though.
@erikmama (12929)
it is great to get the energy and desire to want to clean! The hous always looks so good afterwards! To bad we do not have them more often. I am glad that you made your mom happy and got a clean room!
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, I do clean my house floor everyday, I can't stand the floor with dust everywhere and with small kid at home, I really have to keep everything clean in my house. As for my own bedroom, I do mop the floor everyday plus the cabinet. Then for the bedsheet,I will change every week and for the curtain, I will wash them once a month. Be it, I am in the mood of cleaning or not, I have to do it. Maybe I would say...I love everything in clean mode. Especially after doing cooking, I have to make sure the basin is wipe dry and the floor is not sticky with those oil.
@erikmama (12929)
That is great that you ensure that your floor is cleaned everyday. There are so many germs and virsues kids can pickl up you can never be to safe around them. I think it is important to clean your linens each week, too, because you spend a lot of time snugged up there.
I always cleaning my room during Saturday because its my free time to do this i wanted to clean my room everyday but i cant cos i wake up early and go to work and went back home at night so no chance but every saturday im doing general cleaning.
@erikmama (12929)
It is great to have a scheduled time to do this. I just seem to be very unorganized and unplanned. But at least that you know you are going to clean your room on this day no matter what!
@bounce58 (17524)
Back when I was still in school, and renting a small room, in a small apartment, I often had cleaning moods! I would like spend hours scrubbing the walls and the floor. But that was because I wanted my room to be pristine clean just in case I've got visitors(girls) coming in! But to be honest, I haven't been hit by that mood for a long time now.
@erikmama (12929)
I use to get them all of the time, and now it is few and far between, so don't feel bad!! I guess at theat time you had a reason to keep the room looking good! You had to impress the laddies!
I've been working on spring cleaning at my house for the last week now and already my house is breathing a sigh of relief. That said, our house was a complete disaster and I still have a ways to go before the house is really in a presentable shape. I am the kind of person that really doesn't get in the mood to clean very often, but I still know that I have to clean because it needs to be done. Now, you are more than welcome to come help me with my house if you would like.
@erikmama (12929)
A lot of people seem to have spring cleaning on their minds right now. Maybe it hits all us women in the spring and thats the its the month for cleaning!! I do not like to clean the house but I like for it to be clean if that makes any sense. Nah, I think I will pass. My house needs me!!
@millertime (1398)
You're right when you say us men don't get in a cleaning mood very often (if ever). We just have the attitude that it's a mundane task that needs to be done every so often so we force ourselves to do it. So as long as you're in the mood, can you come over to my house for a while?
@erikmama (12929)
O.K., Sorry!! I think I will pass on the invitation, however, as the mood hits me less often and it should and my home is begging me.
@offlimits (601)
Well I can relate.. my room is also very grateful to me when I'm in a cleaning mood. Haha! I actually love that feeling, it makes me all excited to scrub the floor and change my sheets. I listen to music when I'm cleaning, and I tend to think about things. It somehow makes me relieved. I remember when there was something bothering me, I took it all out on cleaning. It's a very useful way to sort out emotions, I guess. Haha. Good day!
@erikmama (12929)
Mpoms are very busy people! We all appreciate any extra help that we can get!! I think it is fun to listen to music while cleaning, too. It gets me peopped uo to do it!
@jaiho2009 (39001)
I do have schedules for cleaning the whole house once a month. But sometimes i also feel the urge/mood to do the cleaning. I scrub the walls and make sure that no stains left (not even a finger marks hahaha) Change all the beddings,curtains,over hangs and every linen and spray the whole house with air freshner and lay down in bed at night with smiles and sound sleep due to tiredness
@erikmama (12929)
I like the idea of doing the deep cleaning once per month. It ensures that you never let things pile up to much. I just seem to not have the motivation to do this. But it shows how clean you are, and that is always a good thing! WTG!