vaccinate

There are now a growing number of doctors including Andrew Lieber, a paediatrician with Rose Paediatrics in Denver, who are taking the hard line of refusing to see children who's parents refuse to vaccinate them. One of the reasons for this hard line stance is the protection against disease for the little patent. Then there is the concern for the other little patents and parents in the waiting room. A parent who refused to vaccinate had a child sporting a full blown case of chicken pox. That endangered several newborn babies too young to vaccinate in the waiting room. This stance is not without controversy. There is an anti-vaccination movement in several countries that claim that vaccination can cause autism in a small number of children. It is also known that vaccination can cause serious reaction in a small number of cases as well. No medication is entirely safe, yet it is well known that the vaccination is safer than the disease. That is however small comfort for those afflicted by reactions to vaccine complications.
@ElicBxn (60884)
well, you know that they recently have proven that the guy who did that first study was full of sh... wrong - nearly all of the children he said got autism from vaccinations were showing signs of it before they ever got one vaccine.
I think the rise in autism diagnoses is due to better diagnoses, not degraded enviroment or immunization. There have always been "weird kids" who in the past have simply been written off. Now, people look more closely at the "weird".
@Taskr36 (13925)
Well doctors have every right to do what is necessary to protect their patients. If parents want to buy into that lie that vaccinations cause autism, then that is their choice, but with that choice comes consequences. Either way it's said that there are these anti-vaccination movements. Too many people bought into that lie and even after the journal that published it retracted the story and made it very public that the whole study was bogus there are people who refuse to acknowledge it.
People tend to ride on emotion, not fact.
@Trensue (5256)
Since the whole autism study was debunked I think that many more doctors will fall into this category. Like every other business owner they do have some rights as to who they will serve. It is a parent's choice and with every choice comes consequences. One of the consequences of not vaccinating a child may be they need to find a new doctor. Since there was no real question I assume you just wanted to inform people.
You are quite right, I wanted to inform people. I had no idea doctors were turning away vaccinated kids until I read this.
Those kids won't be able to go to school. You need to be vaccinated to go to school. I think the kids should be vaccinated. Take care.
These kids will not be going to government run public school. That doesn't stop them from being home schooled. Some parents who home school do so for legitimate reasons, although others do it for dubious reasons at best, and the quality of the 'education' is marginal at best.