Maybe, You Should Know...

fb craze - facebooking for my family and friends
Recently, I have been using facebook more often than I used to. No, I'm not addicted to it. Not that way. I just realized that there are certain things or moments in my life and my kids that I need my loved ones to know of. Since most of them would rather read fb comments and posts than read blogs or similar sites. Moreover, since I am posting matters about my kids and me and their father, it is a good site to keep those moments safe until they get older to see for themselves what their lives looked like when they were young. The way we used to be...
@edsss17 (4398)
aww. that's true. Facebook is a site where you can keep your secrets safe ... You can express what you feel by updating your status and you can post some photos so that you can always look at them whenever you want to. You can also communicate with your friends, relatives and loved ones who lives away from you.. Facebook is helpful.
Hi, Edsss.:) I bet this is the same Edsss from Triond. Glad to see you here, dear. So, how are you? As for this discussion, what you have said were all true. I can not imagine the world without Fb, not for me, but, for others. FB is a great way to bridge the gaps between distances, relations,cultures and races. It seems that this is our second memory bank, next to our brain , of course. Better, I guess because no amnesia, dementia or alzheimer's can ever steal those memories from us. Not even flood or fire or any calamities. Those mementos are safe as long as fb exist. thnaks, Edsss, for your thoughts. They are greatly appreciated.
@edsss17 (4398)
Yes, I am the same Edsss in Triond.. Aw thanks for appreciating my thoughts.. You don't know how it means to me.. Thank you again! Happy mylotting!
@dpk262006 (56531)
HI Eureka! I think it is good idea to use the platform of Facebook to showcase moments of your personal life through pictures, photographs and write ups. Hope those who are on Facebook and are in your list can easily come to know what is happening with you and how you and kids are growing/developing. On Facebook, everyone can see your 'current status' and pictures and there is no need to write to them individually. It will no doubt be like a permanent memorable album, when after few years from now you can look down the memory lane and smile. Happy Women's Day! Have a great day!
Hi, dear. :) Isn't it wonderful connecting with you or some of other lotters here in facebook? We do not have to rate each other there. LOL But, still, I can not say that I am completely honest there. The reason why I am so busy there right now is trying to combat the negative feeling I have for my hubby and the situation. There, I am forced to post positive thoughts and the ill thoughts are ignored. But, of course, those posts are all true. Anyways, there's Mylot if I can not help ranting again.LOL Thank you, dear for dropping your thoughts here and the greetings. Happy women's day as well to all the women in your life.;)
@dpk262006 (56531)
Hi dear! :-) It is indeed wonderful to connect with mylotters on Facebook. It is great fun when we connect on Facebook with fellow mylotters because Facebook is altogether different ball game than mylot, where you do not have to participate in any discussion or as you said, rate each other. By saying that you are not completely honest there, do you mean to convey that you are not fully devoted to FB or something else? I fully agree with you that working on FB helps us shun away our negative feelings and we feel better connecting with friends, knowing about them, seeing their and their (smiling) family pictures. I have conveyed your wishes to 'all the women in my life' on women's day. Have a great day! Deepak
@dpk262006 (56531)
Pl. also see this : http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2499810.aspx
@r0ck_r0ck (1953)
getting addicted to facebook aint a bad thing. plus all thoose memories and moments like you said are safe there.. i use facebook too its amazing :P
Hello, Rock. Yes, it is amazing in that aspect. I have no other purpose why I use facebook. Other people use it to flirt and to have networks but for me, having a safe vault for all those precious memories is good enough reason why I use facebook. Thank you for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.
I used to feel like this when I was using facebook. Then I realized that I need not keep doing that anymore since my son and husband are also doing it anyway. I would rather make a scrap book, which is a good way in improving my creativity in making crafts. But facebbok is valuable to according to the individuals' needs but I don't belong to those group of individuals anymore. I prefer updating my life in twitter though, so I thunk it's only a matter of preference!
My husband is in facebook, too. In fact, he is a member long before I signed up. I used to make scrap books but then, the flood had washed them up. So, I lost those precious moments I had with my kids and my loved ones... That's why I decided to keep them all in my fb account because I'm pretty sure that as long as fb exists those photos and eventualities are safe for as long they are there. My parents and other loved ones can just browse/check everything in my profile and viola, they do not have to ask what is going on. For now, FB is a convenient thing for me. I envy you for having so much time to do scrapbooks. How I wish I can go back to doing it...It'd be nice if you have a daughter to hare it with..
@KrauseHome (35514)
Well, I think all of us from time to time spend some time in Facebook posting and doing things there. I am sure once the newness wears off most people do not seem to spend the time they once did in there as well. I know for me I have to remember there is more to life than there, and personally I now spend more time here in myLot posting and sharing here than I do there anyways.
Hola, KrauseHome. Thank you for participating in this discussion and my apology for this late comment. There are times that I only want to interact with friends that I have connected in real life and not just the virtual ones, so I go to facebook for that. But, if it is more on a wider perspective of interaction, I go here in Mylot. I do agree that there is more to life than in just facebooking. :) Have a wonderful day, Krause.:)
@shibham (17022)
Hi eureka.. I am not so addicted to fb as i have an account there. I am learning spanish from a friend at fb. Thats the reason i am using facebook... Rather i like to stay here in mylot. Take care.
Hello, friend. Oh, so you are interested in Spanish language, huh. Such is a very sexy language. You are lucky to have an EspaƱol friend there who can teach you the language. Yup, FB is a great way to have an easy access to learn such thing. Goodluck, then, dear. All the best.
@mtrguanlao (5527)
Hi dear! It's the other way around for me now friend,lol! Been busy with my online works now especially making articles and I do enjoy it much,thanks to my friends whose helping me to write and that includes you eurekafemme! It's good to know that you're using fb as your tool of communication to your relatives and friends. Indeed,fb is the easiest and convenient way you can use to let your love ones know about what's happening to you and your family. Would love to see you on the other site friend,hope you can visit us some time. See yah!
Hi, dear.:) I don't have the itch yet to write nor my mind is so stubborn to produce any good word to start a good article with... I am just busy being busy with a lot of things but writing articles. But , yup, I do miss the feeling of having to accomplish something that can be read for ages. Fb, is the best way to contradict and control the negative thoughts , mostly irritation and frustrations, about my life. I am forced to look at the good side of the box. So, the site is a very good counter attack to what I have been posting here in Mylot.lol Good to hear that you are enjoying what you are doing, MTR. Will visit the site as soon as I have a time to spare.
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
wonderful innovations, internet and facebook. yeah, i also use facebook to put memorable moments in a safe place. that's when we grow older and kids too, they can easily look back in time. i also believe that more people uses facebook than read blogs.
The thing with facebook is that anything goes there. You can be mushy, corny, flirty and even the angel everybody wants to have and it is no big deal at all. Plus, I think it is the only way, we can reconnect with the long lost loved ones. I had made an account for my daughters so that I can put pictures and their antics there. As long as facebook does exist, their mementos are safe. :) Thanks, Neil. Love the avatar, by the way.Happy to see ,Zay. :)
@prabu03 (175)
i also like facebook but every one told that face book is been deleted by creator that is true or scam i do know but i want to fb for long days
@cream97 (29166)
Hi. eurekafemme. I think that is a great idea! I just use Facebook as a way to connect to people that I hardly ever get to talk to. I also use Facebook as a way to reconnect with many people that I have not seen in such a long time.
@bounce58 (17524)
Although there are some memories that I try to post on facebook (mostly for my parents who are half-way around the world), I wouldn't put everything in there. I'm still not convinced. I still think that the facebook bubble would burst anytime soon, and some privacy issues may be violated. Like how I see some information about some friends on FB that I am not supposed to see. I use a different site too. This other site lets me do the same things, but I think the privacy measures are a little better.
@palonghorn (5485)
I use facebook all the time, to post announcements to friends, fire dept, and I love it for keeping up with my oldest daughter and her baby. She lives in another state, and posts new pics almost everyday. Its a great way of keeping in touch with all my friends from outta state too
@offlimits (601)
I'm not fond of Facebook anymore, and has not really been in a long time. But I do understand what you're saying. At times I just browse in my news feed and there I find out about what my other relatives are doing and how their lives go nowadays, especially my cousins who are very far away from me. My mom is like you I guess, she's the one who always updates her FB and shares her photos to family and her friends. And I see how it's also wonderful to communicate in such a way. Good day! :)
@jaiho2009 (39001)
hello eureka, Facebook is really good for connecting people in our lives. My kids posting their photos and having facebook as their day to day diary (hahaha) and album as well (much less expensive than having albums and developing photos) I am also using facebook for updates and communicating with my loved ones abroad. It's one great way of knowing that,our loved ones in far places are in good condition,seeing their photos lessen homesickness.