how to discpline myself to sleep early?

@jpaxxx21 (170)
Singapore
i always work overtime, sometimes 12 hrs a day. sometimes, when i get home i wanted to really just sleep. but there's the TV, after the TV i see my computer. then so many things to check, mylot. facebook, mails... i feel my routine has always been this. i get so tied up & engrossed with fb or mylot, i forget the time :( the next day when my alarm sounds, i'd regret why i slept late.. but i never learn.. sigh!
Prioritizing friend is the key and unless you make a mental note of the things that are interrupting you from performing well then you will continue this pattern until your body gives up. Start inventorying what you do and set a time frame as to what and how of it you do. When the time runs out force yourself and try and get to bed at the same time each day. This will allow you to get to bed at an earlier time.
@jpaxxx21 (170)
yeah..everyday i see to it that by 1230 midnight i'm already in bed. does that still sound ok? anyway, i wake up 7:30am so i have 7 hrs of sleep. :)
I think that is great! 7 hours is good and maybe one of the days in increase to 8 but overall that sounds wonderful!
@sais06 (1288)
Very same here but I guess I'm already used to sleeping late because I can still get up at the right time in the morning. I only sleep very early and ignore everything if I felt so tired. I guess what I can suggest is that you set specific time to do each task and be very disciplined to follow it. I think discipline is the keyword here.
@jpaxxx21 (170)
:) thanks! discipline it is. ur right :)
@mzz663 (2775)
It has taken me a really long time to learn that one! I was always worried about things that I didn't have time to do and try to get it all done at once. The only advice I can give on this would be to set a timer to do the things you want to do and stick to ending when your timer goes off. Next, make your bedroom a relaxing place to be. I got a little lamp that burns scented oil & water and put my cd player on a low and repeating with classical music. Nothing is more important than taking care of yourself. Your body heals as you sleep and helps keep you less stressed.
@jpaxxx21 (170)
wow.. the next thing i know i would hire a masseuse to complete my relaxation :)
@Lore2009 (7389)
Well, you're going to have to sacrifice something to obtain another things since we only have 24 hours. You can either quit overtime, tv, facebook, or mylot. You should make a list of which is your best priority and maybe have a tv day, a facebook day, mylot day.. so that you can alternate each day. Good luck!
@jpaxxx21 (170)
thanks! that is actually a good idea :)
@jaiho2009 (39019)
I do understand about this problem as i am also having this. It's all about internet addiction. I worked 8 hours ,but sometimes do overtime for 1-2 hours for extra money. Not to speak that i work on graveyard shift. I also have bad habit sleeping,instead of going to bed and have sleep for at least 7-8 hours...i always get 4-5 hours of sleep. Thu i am taking vitamins,still i feel not good due to lack of sleep. But now,i am trying to discipline myself,or my health will be in good shape. I avoided the net,or at least take only 2 hours using the net then went to bed. It's just a matter of self discipline. Start it now and you will get used to it. Welcome to mylot and enjoy mylotting
@jpaxxx21 (170)
whew.. thanks! i started last night & it felt good to have enough sleep, to wake up & got time to have breakfast without rushing to work :) it makes me feel better & productive at work. i'm gonna do that everyday :)
@thereza (316)
You better to make a list of your activities and make a schedule of each. How much time you need to spend on each. Give yourself enough time to spend on your sleep. Then follow it and make it a habit.
@junrapmian (2170)
You have to have the will to sleep or else you'll fall asleep in the office or you'll feel lazy in your work. I know that you will miss you internet stuff but it's for your own good.
Watching tv and using computer late evening is not good to our health, we all know that. If that is your passion, you can change that slowly, instead of watching tv for an hour why not make it 30 minutes and you work for computer by another hour reduced it to 30 minutes also. By reducing one hour a day, maybe you can now sleep early. Now if you really want to avoid the tv or computer during weeknights, why not keep the tv and computer out of your sight and get it only during the weekend. Have a nice sleep, jpaxxx21!!!!!
We are quite in the same situation my friend. I get to work over time almost every day and when I get home, I usually stay up late watching some tv series or movies or even get to check emails and my social networking sites. It's really difficult to get past addiction even though we don't want to admit that it is actually an addiction. We are addicted to the computer and the internet and other stuff that seem to relax us even just for a little while like the television. What I do is, I try to check my watch almost every chance I get. I count how many hours are there left for me to sleep. It's hard to avoid getting up late but I think it's all in the mind. Once you put your mind and focus into something, then you will surely gain results. Good luck!
@miketagz (7496)
Sometimes I forget myself to settle a schedule for my duties but now I have already a plan so that I could sleep early.
@amitpro (75)
realy its very difficult situation . alittle time before i was also following the same situation but now i had overcome to it. this problem cant be overcome in a day .This problem can be tackled by regular efforts