False Alarm #2

@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Many of u know my daughter-in-law is expecting & a couple of weeks ago had to go to the hospital because she was having contractions . They stopped them because it is too early. This week same thing again, bless her heart.All of u that know me know how much i love my grandson. He was with them at the hospiral this week. He was being a cheerleader & telling the baby, come on out of there, Andee, come on out. He's ready for his little sister to be born. i AM TO BUT WANT HER TO WAIT aS LONG AS U CAN SO SHE'LL BE HEALTHY. but i thought it was so cute of my grandson trying to talk her into coming on out. Whatcha think? is he anxious ot what?
@Maggiepie (7821)
I think it's great! A lot of kids would be afraid, & jealous, so his eager anticipation is nice to see! Of course, if the parents don't make an extra effort to make sure he gets at least as much attention as he's used to getting, that could change. If the parents tell him he's special & in charge of helping protect the little one, his pride could stop that from happening, which would be excellent. Let's hope his current attitude prevails! Maggiepie "Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted." ~ Jules Renard, author (1864-1910)
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response, Maggie. I think it is great to. They have included him so much i hope he will stay as thrilled about that baby sister. He probably will till she geta big enough to get in his things, lol. Hope your weekend is going well.
@Maggiepie (7821)
AUNTIE: Well, as you can see by my post to Yoyo above, it's my usual discombobulated weekend, where little goes as planned. I have few goals, today, & I've only met a couple of them so far. How's your weekend doing? Maggiepie "Human wandering through the zoo, what do your cousins think of you?" ~ Don Marquis, humorist & poet (1878-1937)
Sounds anxious to me. My grandson is pretty cute too. His enthusiasm is certainly catching. I hope your daughter-in-law has this child soon. I knew a young gal who had the same thing going on. SHe finally had the child but it was still alittle early. My granddaughter was there helping her because she had another young child. They are young and tough though.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for responding.I bet your grandson is cute. Grands are soooo special. My grandson was a month early so this little girl may be to. Can't wait to see her myself. Happy weekend to u.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
My weekend is good enough. Thanks. Any time I wake up, I consider it a good day. I am concerned about all of the people in Japan. They must be going through horrors.
Boy! Some these people come from no where don't they AL? Not even on subject.
I was just washing dishes and thinking about you and wondering how your daughter n law was doing and how the baby was doing. When my daughter had her second one the older one age 3 was in the hall way telling everyone "my mom's in there having my baby sister". She was so positive it was a girl but her parents didn't want to know what it was so were not told. We kept telling her it might be a boy and she would tell us NO its a girl! well, she was right! My prayers are with you!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response. Kim had another false alarm this week. She's tired & worn out. Thanks for your prayers.
I hope she is able to take it easy. Is she still working? It's so demanding trying to keep up with a home and her child and work to, nowonder she is exhausted. How long does she need to go before its safte to have the baby?
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I think yesterday was her last day to work & i'm glad. We hope she goes tillat least the first of apr.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Oh how cute is that. When is she due? I surely hope all goes well and at the right time. I just witnessed the birth of my first grandson on 2/10. It was unbelievable and heart warming all at the same time. Now on Tuesday I'm flying back home to Puerto Rico and I'm already getting upset because I'm leaving now both my granddaughter and my brand new grandson. Thank God for Skyping! Good luck and God Bless.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response, Lelin. Congraulations on your new grandson. Grands are sooooo special. I know u do hate to leave them. I'm so glad mine live close. Andee is due in april. The dr. has already told my dil she want go that long. Of course wqe hope she satys right where she is as long as she can even tho i can't wait to see her.Many blessings to u.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Many blessing back to you and your family and especially your DIL.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks dear, happy sunday to u.
@moondancer (7434)
Lol, that is so cute. I bet he was sight. Watching him doing that. It would have been hard not to laugh. But yes, she needs to wait until she is totally healthy to be born. I know it's tough on mom to keep going through this. But she will soon forget about it when she has her new baby in her arms and all is well.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for responding. I would have loved to have been there to hear him. It is hard on everyone but i hope she can stay where she is as long as she needs to. Happy weekend to u.
Thank you...you too.
@Lakota12 (42794)
sure sounds like it!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response.
@paula27661 (15900)
That is so cute! I think children do get anxious about impending births and the adults are not aware how excited they may be about the situation. Your grandson sounds as though he can’t wait for his new sister and who can blame him? I hope your daughter in law has no more false alarms and the next time she is in hospital she gets to leave with her new healthy baby!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Hi Paula, thanks for your response & well wishes. I know this is very stressful on my dil, bless her heart. Have a good one.
@wolveren (1525)
Sounds really cute. Yes, he is excited about it and that's a real good thing, he will be happy when the new baby is around. I have known some kids around that got really grouchy about the whole new baby coming because they felt jealous for some reason. Kid's have the darnest imaginations and I'm glad your grandson is a real sport about the whole thing. Well that is a no brainer since the ol granny is really a good mentor. Yeah it doesn't have to be about mentoring kids. It's our presence to them that makes the difference. Just like I always lookup to my ol granny even at my old age. Cheers!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Good morning, thanks for responding. I hope he is as excited about her when she does get here. It will probably last till she gets big enough to get into his stuff, lol. Happy sunday to u.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
Very anxious. But most important, I can't imagine what a woman's heart go through if she goes to the hospital and actually have to come back other day, that must be really stressful. You get all prepared for what right?
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Good morning, thanks for your response. I know it is very stressful on my dil, bless her heart. Happy sunday to u.
@bellis716 (4807)
Yes, it's sweet, but maybe, someone should explain to him that if she comes out too soon, she'd have to stay in the hospital for a while. I'm sure he'd rather have her wait a while and be able to come home with mother.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Good morning, they did explain this to him . Think he got carried away, lol. Happy sunday to u.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hi AL! How perfectly adorable of that little sweety to want his new baby sister to come out already!lol I guess your dil is have Braxton Hicks? If the baby's not ready, she's going to just take her time and keep teasing! She's getting closer and will be there when it's the right time! Tell your grandson to take it easy! His little sis will be here before he knows it!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Good morning Opal, thanks for your response. U are righr , he is a sweetie but i will admit i'm pregjudice, lol. We were out in the yard yesterday & my neighbor ask him if he was excited about his baby sister & he said 'kinda', lol, so there u go. I am anxious to see her to. Happy sunday to u.
@bunnybon7 (31669)
• Holiday, Florida
yes he is happy over the baby at least. gonna be a great big brother. i sure hope that baby will be there long enough. its so scary all this. im praying for you all. maybe shes not resting enough? have they said why this keeps happening? i had my second baby do that. 3 false alarms, but she stayed long enough. i just couldnt rest a lot because i had no one to take care of my son. but i made it anyway.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Hi Bon, thanks for your response. Thanks for your prayers, i really do appreciate u praying for us. She was still working today but my son told me while he was here she is not going to work next week & i don't think she needs to. Hope u are having a good weekend.
• Marion, Kansas
I do think it is cute and that he will be a great big brother for her. I hope your daughter in law continues to do okay.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response, GG & YOUR KIND MESSAGE. I will be glad when she gets here safe & sound.Hope your weekend is going well.
@jillhill (37354)
Sounds like he is ready to be a big brother! So cute! I hope things are going well now....but don't be to alarmed if she decides she is ready...they can do so very much for the little ones now...it's not like before....those are supposed to be words of comfort for grandma.....
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response & words of comfort, Jill. I think he's being very sweet about the baby, hope it lasts, lol.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
That's cute. He's really wanting to see his new sister. This big event is something that he'll remember for the rest of his life. You'll have to remind him of this later on when he will invariably be complaining about something she's done that he doesn't like.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response. I bet he'll have to be reminded a bunch of times when she gets big enough to get into his things, lol. Hope u are having a good weekend.
@katsmeow1213 (28711)
I was the same way with all of my kids except the first. I had a few false alarms with the twins, and the docs told me they'd be healthy and viable at 36 weeks, so the day I turned 36 weeks I was doing everything I could to go into labor. It didn't work.. they came on their own at 38 weeks. The other 2 were each a week late. Needless to say again I was really pushing to get them out sooner.. but babies come when they choose to come and there's nothing moms, dads, grandparents or siblings can do about it!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for responding. U are right they will get here when they are ready. I thought it was cute of ryan to try to talk her out. Hope u are having a good weekend.
@pergammano (7756)
I am so sorry that Kim has has another practice run..she is already tired, and these false alarms are both mentally & physically tiring! AND what is she doing still working, I am surprised her Dr. did not ask her to "retire" after the last false alarm! RYAN, is so cute...and so astute, I am not surprised he is so excited to see his little sister, and that his parents have prepared him so well. What a perfect family, you have...an older grandson to the "big brother protector" for his little sister, Andee (which by the way is a pretty name!) And when you ask if Ryan is anxious...I don't think it holds a candle to Grandma! HUGZ & LUV!!!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I thought she should have quit after the first time & told my son that but u know u can't say much or u get accused of meddling..Iam anxious to see andee but i do hope she will hold off for a couple of weeks but really think u will come early. Ryan was a month early & he did fine. grandmas's are like that. Other than the worry about her being alright i worry that ryan will feel left out when she first gets here. he want from his bobo, lol. Thanks for responding.
OH MY GOSH...THANK YOU, Bobo...Two Oscars in one morning...just know how to brighten it up don't you? I truly am honored...and wouldn't be able to make relevant responses...if you hadn't started a good discussion..Thankz! Forgot to add, in my other reply, that I will be working thru the weekend on this Tiling job...BUT, I have the weekend off from the Pub, so it will be the only job for the next two days. I guess the good thing about these kind of jobs, is that I set my own hours. The down side of the job, is all the water you have to use with the Tile saw..so have my hands in cold water...makes the old arthritis "crank up it's volume" at night! Please, please...pretty please, let me know, as soon as that little Angel makes an appearance. You take care, my dear friend, and have a wonderful day! LUV & HUGZ!
@neildc (17264)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
he's just really anxious Jo, just like grandma. i remember our first child, wifey was not the one excited but daddy was. and if i can remember well enough, i am the one who always be, when there's a new baby coming out.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
It is an eciting time.I just hope my grandson keeps that feeling after the baby gets here, lol. hope all your family & u are doing well.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Yes he's a bit anxious right now but once she's born, he just might be wishing he could put her back!! LOL He's an only child right now and used to getting all the attention so hopefully he'll be able to share or learn to share. Bless his sweet little heart! lol
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Good morning Cats, thanks for your response. LOL, i'm sure there will be times he will want to do that. His parents don't think he'll be jealous but i do. I hope he's not but think that's just human nature for him to be. He has been the center of all our attention for 6 years. His bobo want let him down, lol.
@KrauseHome (32872)
This is cute. Did someone get it on Camera? I am glad they were able to Stop her pregnancy if she would be too early as it is best to have a child full term. My god daughter had one quite early last yr. and has had a lot of issues with him health wise for sure. You will have to keep us updated, and Praying for a safe delivery.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Thanks for your response, the kind words & your prayers, I hope your godchild's baby is doing well now.