i admire the Japanese people and their calmness amidst the storm

as i watched the tv day to day on what had happened with japan, i truly admire the people's calmness amidst the storm that they are encountering right now. it flash back to me what happened to us a year ago about the flash flood that hit our city. every one is in panic. everyone was very emotional. japanese people took it very calm. the news devastated the whole world but still they are all in positive that they will arise after the storm. up to now they are still having after shocks. hope we continue to pray united for the people of Japan and for Japan as well.
@JenInTN (27565)
It is amazing how these wonderful people are handeling their crisis. I was touched the other day when a news reporter walked up to a family in the streets sitting in a circle in chairs. A man jumps up from the chair when he sees them coming and insists on them taking what looked like rice cakes...they didn't have food to share..they had nothing. It really touched me.
they are full of respect. if you will go to japan, the first thing you will notice when you are trying to learn their language is they have different ways to address the elders and to address gut friends and girl friends. they also make sure that they give respect in everyone no matter where they are. there is also this trait of them that when you are in a line nobody cuts in, so when you will ride the train every one is in a queue and waiting for the people to get out of the train then when it is finish that is the only time they will get in...still in a line. if you will not follow that then you look like an idiot. i am so happy i had a japan experience and now they still never fails to amaze me. thanks a lot for the response.
@JenInTN (27565)
I got to go to Japan a few years ago and the company I work for is Japan based. Yes..they are highly respectful people. When I was there...I was constantly watched and cared for. They were very kind to me. I stayed in Osaka and traveled to both Nagasaki and the Kyoto mountains. It was an amazing trip. I am hoping to go back someday soon.
never been to the places you said but i also wish that Japan will rise and we also wish to be there this year. our big boss promised that we will be there on october till december. so i wish me and my group can go there again.
@ybong007 (6659)
You're there now right?
not anymore, i got home 2 weeks ago. it was shocking. the place were we used to work is affected as well. i worked at ibaraki and now there is no water and food is limited distributed. please continue to pray for japan and for the people there. thanks a lot for the response.
@ybong007 (6659)
That's good news. We should all now pray for Japan especially those within the vicinity of the nuclear plants which last i heard has blown up a few hours ago. We all know how the Japanese prepare for this kind of disaster but what had happened is really unthinkable, I think no matter how much preparation they do, it's not going to be enough with that kind of destructive power that tsunami had.
yes they are all trained for earthquakes but who would have thought that there would be an intensity nine. people around the world was really devastated with that. if that happened in the philippines more people will die for our houses and buildings are not fit for earthquakes.
@chuyins123 (2118)
I must admit. I could agree. Maybe it's also because they are somehow prepared.
i can not say prepared, i would rather say they are trained for things like this. as i heard they even have trainings at school on what to do during times like this. when i was at japan people pile up at the park for there are trainings for parents and children (for the whole family) about earthquake, what to do and how to orient children. it is a must to be there. i really do admire them in things like this plus the discipline. thanks a lot for the response.
Yeah, but don't you think being disciplined and trained is a preparation? That's what I am referring to when I was saying they are somehow prepared.
I also admire Japanese's spirit. It seems that they are well-trained for the disaster. And they are very strong and brave. Even if in such kind of big disaster, they still keep a good order and they won't rush away in a mess. I hope their lives can be back to normal soon.
until now the after shock does not stop, everytime i open my Facebook account i can still see my filipino friends there saying that they still experience small earthquakes. but the crisis is not yet over, the oil spilled at chiba ken and the nuclear power plant disaster... but they still took it calmly. come to think of it you can not solve anything if you complain and if you cry. very inspiring indeed. thanks a lot for the response.
@megamatt (14333)
Yes, if something like that happened around these parts, I can tell you that everyone would go insane and lose their minds. So really, the Japanese people being able to stay as calm as they could be(and given the situation, there is a lot to freak out about), and really stay calm is inspiring. If people began to freak out, then I think things would be much worse. Its going to be a rough next few weeks. This was so sudden in many ways and the fallout is still yet to be fully realized, but what we have realized it is not good. Still as the people of Japan in fact pull together, time will hopefully heal the wounds from this disaster. Although it won't be easy, but the strength that kept them so calm will serve them well.