Fooled again by a "friend"

@laniekins (4585)
I lend her money and she does it again to me, she ask me to lend her money cause her baby is sick and needs check-up. She's been texting me that day and ask me if I know someone who lend much bigger money but the ending is she ask me to lend her money and that's what I do. I send her money, my allowance for 1 week cause I am working. I made her promise that she will give it back at the date that she gave. I believe on her vows and I trusted her. Thursdays passed and she texted me that she will send the money the day after, we agreed that she will send the money through money remittance and I will just pick it up on any branch but I didn't receive the tracking no. Sure she has already lend money to someone, she told me so. It's been three days I keep on texting her but no replies, even on FB. Yeah right, she left me in the middle, thank God my Bf has extra money that time. I was so dissapointed by what she does, I help her in the time she needs me most, but she left me in the time I need my money back. This is not the first time she did this to me concerning money. Shame on me she fooled me twice! Have you had the same experience?
@maean_19 (4662)
We have the same situation before. A friend abused my trust and generosity to her. She fooled me with her promises to pay me back in a certain date, but she did not. It has been 2 years now and she hasn't paid me yet.
@laniekins (4585)
It's sad if friend betrayed us, specially with small amount of money or with a very shallow reason. I don't know why there are people like that.
@maean_19 (4662)
Indeed very saddening because you tend to be good and generous to them and they repay you with betrayal. Bad thing was, even you don't want to trust them anymore and you don't want to lend them because of their past behavior of ingratitude, and still they do not care. Their promised are always broken. My realization is that, the reason why they always got broke with money is because they fool people when they borrow. That's the consequence. And you as the one who is generous enough to lend gets blessed.
@laniekins (4585)
I actually thought of this, if people who help others in need is blessed, how in any way I can say that I am blessed right now? I mean, I have debt because of that friend that didn't pay me and never texted me, I badly need money now. I should have spent it to my family.
@daeckardt (6245)
I have lent money to people several times and I have never gotten it back in most cases. When it is family that borrows, we usually wind up helping each other out. But when it is just friends, they convinced me that they would give it back and then I would never hear from them again. I am too trusting of people and for some reason I am always willing to help, but I really shouldn't. Will I never learn???
@laniekins (4585)
Just like me, I just think that I help my family, but the problem is that is my last money that they always borrow. Now, I will try my best not to lend them the last money that I have, I don't wanna be in a pool of debt, my salary is very low!
@daeckardt (6245)
I do still sometimes help people out, but most of the time, even if it is my last money, I give it to them knowing that I will probably never get ti back. For the most part, I take care of my own needs before I take care of anyone else, but it doesn't always work like that. Oh well...
@laniekins (4585)
I think we should really save some for ourselves. Now, I increase my budget for two weeks.
Hi laniekins, I have learned from past experience that friends/family and money do not mix. See we can easily lend it and then when we ask for the money somehow we become the enemy. So what I have done in life is that I do not ask anyone, no matter how desperate I could get for any money so that they do not take the liberty of asking me also to lend. If and when she returns your money it would be a good opportunity to say; you have no idea how you strained me financially and although you have your issues I want you to know I can no longer lend because of my helping you I ended up so strained that I had to borrow from someone. So please next time you need money please do not ask me. I suppose if the person is worthy of friendship she will understand, if she gets upset, think about how you will never be asked for money again. Best of luck! And yes it has happened but no longer.
@laniekins (4585)
I've never ask to borrow a money from my so called "friend", but she always does. Even my sister-in-law and her husband always borrow money from me. There are few times that they gave it back but most of the time they don't but only promises. I can't help to borrow from my bf cause there is nothing in this world I can depend on. I mean I didn't ask money from my mother. I've learned my lesson from her, from this time, I will limit my communication with her and never lend her money again.
@edsss17 (4398)
I already did! But she didn't borrow money but load. So I reloaded her mobile phone and she promise she will load back my phone when she have some extras.. Until now, its been already 5 months ago, but I still didn't receive any load and I didn't receive any text message from her.
@laniekins (4585)
It's sad that they exchange friendship with that little amount. I mean, they can tell us that they don't have money instead of leaving us with no words. Maybe your friend forget about that, it's been 5 months ago so he/she might forget that.
@zearah (5289)
Sometimes in year 2010, I had borrowed ten dollars from a good friend.I send her messages constant during those times I really don't have means to pay her.I ask her apology then she told me that is okay.She understands my situation.One day I got my payout from Mylot that is $21.56 so I managed to paid off my credit. Here comes 2011, she sent a message that she want to borrow few amount.I lend her the only cash I have in my Paypal.I am waiting for her to say a word about the borrowed amount.To my dismay, she cannot even remember (maybe).Oh I will wait until one day she will tell me that she already forget the amount she borrowed, hahaha.