anemia

I have a pretty tough week last week, tough but God is always there for me to make me carry me through. Today, my sis called me, she got a very lousy voice, she said she's ill. And she started telling me what she felt. I am very worried about her health, she's got headache, and she can't even stand on her own. She's so weak, she got bruises on all over her body. I was afraid that it's something so bad. I told her to tell mom, to bring her to the hospital and got confined if necessary. She has to get some medication. And now, I am quite relieved that it's not something so serious. Most of the prescription are vitamins. Please pray for her recovery. She's got anemia. And if you have suggestions for her. Please let me know. Thanks.
Thank God, it's not that serious! But if your sister won't eat more vegetables and will not take care of her own health, she's still at risk of getting a serious illness. She should take ampalaya supplements as i have heard that it contains a lot of iron. It's herbal so it doesn't have side effects unlike synthetic vitamins. Women are prone to anemia because of our monthly period. We get stressed a lot during that time too. Your sister should get a lot of sleep and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and she should include exercise too in her daily schedule.
Yes, maybe she also got it because of staying late so often for studying. I might have put a lot of pressure on her to do great in her studies. But last night I called her and said she should get well, get enough rest, enough sleep and eat more healthy diet... fruit, green leafy vegies and take the vitamins the doc prescribed... Thanks my friend. God bless you! keep praying for my sis. :)
@indahfth (11173)
As with other diseases, treatment of anemia should also be directed at the cause of anemia. Iron supplementation is needed in anemia caused by iron deficiency.
Yeah food containing or abundant with iron should be good for her. Thanks indahfth...
Eat food with lots of iron. I was anemic when I was a child and I had to take liquid iron medicine. It was disgusting! As an adult when I was anemic I'd just take Iron from the vitmain section. But if she eats enough food with iron in it, she won't have to take anything.
Yeah, doc prescribed a lot of vitamins. Told my sis already, she had to get enough sleep and rest too. Thanks for sharing ambie! :)
She needs to eat a good iron rich diet it sounds like. I used to have anemia a lot when I was a kid but haven't had it as an adult. But I have also started eating a lot different than I used to. I hope she gets better soon!
Thanks Ms. Mac. Told her already that she'd have to eat more healthy foods than the usual junk foods, unhealthy diet...