Upload Videos On MyLot: Another MyLot Suggestion

Another feature I'm hoping the myLot developers would add here is to be able to upload or embed videos straight from Youtube, Vimeo, or other video streaming sites. It'd be great to watch videos rather than reading texts and looking on an image, right? Especially if you're posting a news from your country or if you just wanna show off your newly composed video you've just uploaded on Youtube. Watching it straight here wouldn't suggest you to open a new tab or window just to watch it. All you have to do is to click play and sit back and watch. What do you think? This would be a great addition if ever.
@LaDeBoheme (1988)
I have to agree with echomonster on storage and bandwidth. Besides, I'm not sure I'd want to open a post and having to wait for it to load. Frankly, I'd rather have it in another tab. JMO
I'm sorry, but I don't buy that reasoning. Whether you're working to make a living or working at making pocket change, than you don't need to be wasting time watching videos anyway. AND if the user has a slow connection, than a discussion with an embedded video has a less chance of being read, much less the video being viewed, since the post would take longer to open. I would rather have the option of choosing to watch the "video you made of your dog" than have it thrust in my face whether I want to see it or not. JMO.
OOPS! Sorry. But you did ask in your OP, and I quote, "What do you think?" I didn't know it meant 'Reply only if you agree'. I'm outta here.
Oops! And I didn't say I'm forcing my opinion to everybody, and I quote, " ". I just said if you don't wanna buy it then don't. Some people are so emotional over the little things, really. There are people who disagrees with me here if you're gonna read the other's response but you're the clearly the whinner.
@kanchan10 (2977)
• Kolkata, India
i like this thought.it will be great.this will add another window of earning to us. with so many people here one could easily guess the quantum and quality that will add to mylot itself. great thought frontvision hope admin listens
Yeah, I just hope that it does get implemented. I'm not the only one who've started a topic like this. There have been some too who had been longing to upload videos here on myLot.
Hello there, Youtube already has this thing and so other video sharing sites. same goes with the site mypage5 but they have a very low loading capability. but what with the other lotter said, it's expensive. this site is already a bit slow in most cases, what more if you start adding videos here.. they should instead promote the contest of video making in youtube.
Well, they should atleast consider allowing embedded videos within posts. I'm sure that won't affect myLot's bandwidth space.
@visavis (5945)
its okay to me and open to me such option but I think a lot of things to be changed specially in the guidelines..
Well its not so badly needed right now but if they added this function that will be great people will get those videos right here instead of going to Youtube,Metacafe etc...
It's more convenient, right? I hope they add something like this in the future.
@irene66 (1671)
hello there1 yes, they should also consider this option! Instead of going to youtube, you can do it here in mylot. I would like it too as I am learning how to do youtube videos! Youtube videos are really cool. This could also be helpful in times of calamity where your only access to some events is from youtube.
That's what I'm saying. MyLot should consider at least allowing embedded videos in posts.
@megamatt (14329)
That is really an interesting idea. Not sure it would be something that I would use really that often. However, it is really something that a lot of people would find interesting. It could add something to illustrate a lot of posts. Providing of course that people do not go overboard with it, as a little bit of video can go a long way. Still, we always do have the choice to not view the video. Therefore it might be a good idea. As long as quality discussions are maintained, then I really do have no problem with this. The only thing that does make me a bit reluctant going completely with this idea is the fact that like I said, I can see a lot of people really going overboard with this.