I'm Sorry You Have A Dirty Mind!!!

@LadyMarissa (12161)
I recently visited a bald eagle website where cameras have been placed near a pair of eagles who are nesting & in the process of hatching their eggs. I'm finding it to be an exciting site!!! Along with the ability to watch these eagles be themselves, there is a chat option where you're allowed to ask moderators questions about the habits of the eagles or make comments. One guest just kept asking questions about what the babies were going to be like once they were born. Then one of the mods suggested he go to youtube & watch a particular video of a recently hatched eaglet. Being new to the site & still being excited at watching everything happen as it unfolds, I made the comment..."I don't know about everybody else, but still being a virgin here, I am more interested in having the total experience as it happens. I think I'll wait for this clutch to hatch." A couple of other people agreed with me & said that they felt it would detract from the excitement of this clutch if they watched another clutch before this one happens. In the middle of the comments, one woman chastised me reminding me that there were children present. I knew there could possibly be children there when I said it. First off, I don't think I said anything so bad that a child couldn't read without being irreparably damaged!!! I'm a firm believer that...if a child understands what you're talking about, then they already know about it. If they don't understand, them they will ignore it until somebody points out that it is bad OR they will ask somebody what it means. I have found that a lot of children don't understand a large part of what is said in front of them & they just let it slide. When it is important to them, they will ask for help in understanding!!! I know in my own growing up that a friend of mind began frequently dropping the "F-Bomb" starting at the age of 8. I knew enough to know it was a bad word, but I NEVER knew what it meant until I was in my 20s. I didn't repeat it mainly because I didn't know how to work it into my vocabulary. My step daughter was raised that when she heard others say something that she didn't understand that she could come to me & ask me about it. I must say we had some interesting conversations along the way!!! I feel it is a parent's job to teach their children their own values!!! I really don't see where the word "virgin" is so bad to say in front of a child & would have been proud to have my daughter ask me what it meant!!! I feel sorry for people who read trash into simple statements as I feel "they" are the ones with the problem!!! I would NOT have discussed losing my virginity in graphic terms there as I know that would be inappropriate. However, I just really don't understand what I said that was so inappropriate that it couldn't be said in front of a child!!! If you agree with this filthy minded woman, will you please explain to me why what I said couldn't be said in front of a child. I know I would NOT have hesitated to say it in front of my own daughter!!! I'm just wondering if I'm totally off base & need to readjust my attitude or if this woman was just overly sensitive...what do you think???
@BarBaraPrz (21011)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
That woman is an idiot. Does she shield children's ears when someone sings Silent Night? ("Round yon virgin, mother and child...") Or mentions Virgin Airlines or Virgin Records? Don't let it bother you.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
I've called her a lot of words since her comment, but I didn't go as far as idiot!!! I see her to be extremely judgmental. I work with a girl much like her. She can take the simplest little comments & turn them into nasty remarks. The ONLY thing that was nasty is her OWN mind!!! Now I must ask... Yes, I asked for opinions to verify I was thinking rational; but do you think I would really let somebody like her bother me??? NOOOO!!!! I may be naughty, but I'm seldom nasty!!!!
Whew! I don't see anything worth with discussing people like them, but your discussion when read did rouse my ailing senses. This huge something-to-read can be a substitute for a energy drink for sure. I love discussions like these especially when read by morning when I have no want to get up from my bed. I bet that woman have some anxiety disorder assuming that something said will have any DANGEROUS effect to those at risk. I just see many of them today. They fear everything for no apparent reason.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
I think she gears life itself!!!!
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Oops...gears = fears!!!
@tiffnkeat (1679)
Virgin is a clean word, and it also has a pure meaning. The woman might have over-reacted. Sometimes it could do with her personal experience rather than anything else. She may or may not be filthy minded, and I won't want to judge her for that. Frankly if her children or some kids should ask her what it meant, I see it as an opportunity to teach them a new word. Hey, the kids need build up their vocabulary as well, right?
@LadyMarissa (12161)
I agree except I'd use it as a learning experience for the kids to learn my values more than building up their own vocabulary...even though that would be a plus also!!!!
Well, there are people who are really one-sided when it comes to these. They dismiss something as is because that's what they think it is. Close-minded sons of b!tches.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Just glad to hear that she has the closed mind & not me!!!!
The last I knew virgin was not considered to be a dirty word. She is off base. Like you said, if they know enough to know what it means, then they already know it. If not they will either ask, if they have been raised that it is okay to ask, or they will ignore it, if they think they will be shot down for it. (Uh oh, I was just violent. I said they might get shot down. )
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Laffin'!!!
I knew somebody here could give me a good laugh about this closed-minded person's behavior. THANK YOU GERTY!!!!
@mentalward (14695)
Nothing you said was inappropriate and I agree totally with you about that "filthy-minded woman". I learned about THE VIRGIN MARY in Sunday School for crying out loud! I couldn't have been more than eight years old at the time, either. If that was an inappropriate word to use around children, I think that every Sunday School class now and every one that has already gone by is wrong. Maybe we should wash out all the Sunday School teachers' mouths with soap. I mean, geez, using that dirty word, "virgin" in front of children! That woman is a self-righteous prude and you did absolutely nothing wrong. SHE is the one with the problem. I feel sorry for anyone she deals with on a regular basis. Good grief.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
She is extremely self-righteous & I feel sorry for any of the children in her care!!! Even though some here might disagree, I seldom set out to offend people on purpose & I hadn't even spoken to her before she attacked me. I could have argued with her until I was blue in the face, but I didn't feel a nature forum was the place to do it!!!!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Hi Lady M, the way I understand it, the lady just took the word "virgin" out of context. Maybe that is why she reacted. Her mind was dirty in a way. After all, the video leaned a little on "reproduction"! She just misunderstood you.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
It didn't lean a little on reproduction...it was TOTALLY about the reproduction of eagles!!! It's all about watching the Momma & Daddy sitting on the eggs & keeping them warm until they hatch & then watching the babies mature until they can fly away from home. I would think it MORE difficult for her to explain how the eagles make babies & the babies run away from home than it would be to explain how a virgin wanted to wait until the appropriate time!!!!
@jazzsue58 (2672)
Crikes. And there's my innocent little lamb playing the Virgin Mary two Christmasses in a row. And all of 8 years old too. I'm amazed the head wasn't arrested for paedophilia. Reminds me of the religious nut cop in Boardwalk Empire who gives himself 20 lashes every night.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
YIKES...I've never heard of that cop!!!
@jazzsue58 (2672)
Jeeze. I got chucked off a website (Ghostchatter) yonks ago for using the "$*!£$*" thing when my PC went down. Got told a 13 year old (go figure) was logged on and I was using - wait for it - expletives! Even though they were disguised, he could "interpret them." Well booger me sideways. This was direct from the mod - who turned out to be a right weird cow who passed herself off as a "headteacher" whose workload seemed to consist of secretly listening in and recording everything that was said on the LIVE chat room - which is equivalent to covertly recording people's conversations in a restaurant! When you read the "about us" they really are a laughing stock. There's another site with a similar name but you're not to go there - oh noooo - this site is totally distanced from that one after a "falling out" with the mods, so now she moderates her own chatroom, illegally and nicking the name. Never mind - at least these people can see where they're going. Heads are so far stuck up their own arses they can smell it, too.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
I'll be sure to stay away from there!!!!