Is America in Danger From Radiation Fallout?

@debrakcarey (19925)
Probably not any time soon. Hopefully the experts are correct, and we won't be effected at all. I took a look at a site called Understanding Global Climate http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/2006-04-19-global-climate-patterns_x.htm to see if weather patterns and ocean currents could bring radiation from Japan's nuclear facility leak our way. There is a video on the weather.com site that shows how the winds will effect the area. Two scenarios are shown, one with wind patterns blowing the radiation over China, the other blowing it over the Pacific ocean. One things for sure, radiation hangs around for a long long time and this may reach our food chain. Scroll down on this page and click on wind and spread of radiation. http://www.weather.com/outlook/videos/wind-and-the-spread-of-radiation-20024#20016 Here's a site that tells what foods will clean radiation from your system if you are exposed. It lists foods that will protect you and help your body rid itself of any radiation it may encounter through the food chain. http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/health/radiation.htm As always, pray for those who are right there. I read somewhere that the Philipines are in danger from this right now.
@miketagz (645)
America will not affected the radiation fallout, however the products made in Japan must examine if there is a contaminated with radiation. Hope many countries will cooperate, especially the experts of nuclear division to solve the nuclear crisis.
@debrakcarey (19925)
Oh, never thought of that. I did read that the auto industry will be effected greatly and world markets will feel it. Oh my, it will take so long for the Japanese people to recover.
@miketagz (645)
Much better in all different parts of our countries to create a campaign building for clean and green act, that will serves as a helpful reminder to stop polluting our planet like operating a factories, build some infrastructures, etc... The important thing to do is planting trees and populate animals so that will fully restore the strength of ozone layer and will extend the lifespan of our earth.
@debrakcarey (19925)
I agree with you on the trees, did you know CO2 is necessary for plants to grow. And IF there is to much of it, planting more greenery will balance it out. I am all for being enviromental. But I am NOT for making it a political power grab.
@rsa101 (13337)
Contrary to the reports Philippines is not included to those that are in danger since the wind direction is not directly going to our place. But what I know is in the direction either towards Hawaii or the Mainland US. But so far there seems to be no indication that it has begun spreading already. It still is contained in Japan as far as I know. In my place that scare has been spreading like wild fire since many had spread false rumors via texting and it has gone viral already. But Government has said there is no real evidence to prove that the radiation has reached our land.
@debrakcarey (19925)
Great that is very good news. I have friends with family in Philippines.
u are saying is right medam but due to this radiation some countries are fall out like this then i dont know whether they reach or not due to the some effect of winds or some climatic conditions the radiation will be downed or it will be increased due to the nature then one thing in my mind nature is a creator but also the huge disaster. ofcourse if the radiation falls on crops it will cause a great disasters so in japan what they are doing they dont know still they are in a certain hope.
@debrakcarey (19925)
Nature is not respectful of persons. It gives, and it takes. I am so sorry for those who have to be worried about radiation fallout, it is wrong for me to only speak of dangers to America. As a human being, I am also very concerned for those who will be in danger. I do hope it will not be as bad as it seems.
@djbtol (5501)
Certainly the radiation is a scary thing, and I feel bad for the folks in Japan. I don't think it will make it to the U.S.
@iklananda (1204)
It's way to far from the radiation leak and way to small to brought by the ocean. If america is effected I cannot imagine what happen to the near by area.
@rosegardens (3044)
If the Japan disaster becomes worse, yes we will be affected. Those microscopic particles will make their way all over the world. We may not get it as bad as the nations close to Japan, but we will get some of it. Hopefully not enough to cause any harm.