What would you like to do at 60?

@xien2xien (1383)
60 is equals to hardworking retirement stage.... i would dream of myself just staying at home watching news on television with an eyeglasses, gardening vegetables in the yard, no responsibility and just lying on the bed and thinking everyday it was my last day on earth i think its cool, just looking back on your childhood, sharing it with your grandsons and daughters. how about you what do you think your doing at the age of 60?
@QeeGood (1214)
• Sweden
At age 60 I'd like to do scientist work. I'd like to have succeeded with my master of science, civil engineer graduation so I could be an inventor in mechanic - electronic. I'd like to travel around the world. I'd like to enjoy time with my family, children and grandchildren. As most important I'd like to be in a good health condition.
@xien2xien (1383)
wow.... i wish you all the best of becoming a well known inventor... probably my grandchildren will know you in the near future..... take care on inventing something in is very dangerous yet fulfilling
@QeeGood (1214)
• Sweden
Inventions can be in equal balance with the nature of Mother Earth. It will be benefical for all living creatures in a healthy way.
@xien2xien (1383)
i wish someday i could use one of your invention and think that one day i've got the cance to talk with this inventor hehehe.....
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, Giving me a chance to live until aged 60,I may want to migrate to western country to enjoy my retirement.I want to have my own house with big field and planting some plants or flowers or even fruits. Doing simple gardening and go for holiday with my live partner. At that point of time, if I am still strong enough for travelling, I may want to travel to some countries for relaxing and enjoying the nice view. Same time, it is the right time to start plan for my kids,giving them equal part of my treasure and left some for myself to spent and enjoy.
@xien2xien (1383)
i would also like to take care of my garden at the age of 60 it's a very relaxing scenery huh.....
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya Xien, If possible go out to see the World and places that I have not been able to see up to yet. There are a whole list of places that I would like to see. England my Home land I would like to go and see that from top to bottom of it as I have not been able to go home for a long long time either. No retiring for me in that sense I have to do all that first then I might think about the other. I have so many things I want to do at that age. I won´t have time for anything else I think. So I will be traveling around and about.
@xien2xien (1383)
wow, i guess your journey would be very tiring... but it's your choice and well its fulfilling to travel around the globe.... and i hope you could find time to go back to your homeland
@KrauseHome (35514)
Personally for me, with 60 being only just over 13 yrs. away, and just over 8 for my husband, unless a miracle happens you will not be finding either of us just sitting at home relaxing and taking it easy, as anymore it about takes at least 2-3 incomes in a household to usually help make incomes meet. So this means that both of us will probably both be still working at jobs, and not able to retire and relax until close to 70 as well. I do have my Own Business which I am trying to get going and really hoping somehow for a Big break I am really needing. But at the same time, I know that if this does not happen like I want, God is in control and sees and knows all as well. Personally I think it is up to each individual to know what is Best for them and their family while living life to the fullest as well.
@xien2xien (1383)
don't push yourself too hard madam, try to find something to make you relax or else you'll still endlessly finding opportunity till your last days.... when you grow old you raise your kids well so they might as well take care of you when times you can't stand on your own like you used to hold your kids hand when they weren't able to stand when they are still babies..... goodluck on your journey madam :)
@msdivkar (1903)
Hi xien, It's a nice dream about your retirement at the age of sixty but sixty is not an age for retirement. At sixty you are as lively as at fifty. I am already sixty plus and I work exactly as I was working ten years back may be I am working little more now. At sixty plus I am looking after a cake shop/ice cream parlor, working on internet for more than ten hours a day and occasionally do my civil engineering design job. I feel this is much better than loiter around doing nothing and feel older than what actually you are.
@xien2xien (1383)
wow..... at my country people usually retire at 60. but 60 isn't too old it's just its the moment for relaxation and let your sons and daughter do the work you've done when they are little like take care of them, while relaxing lots of 60 here are only dancing ballrooms chatting with their friends also in 60's no more problems and worries for them.... i personally don't like to still be working at 60 it makes me feel like till the end of my life i'll still be working...
@vannyt (344)
Retirement is something hard working people are looking forward to specially if you're thinking if you're pension (but i guess it's now 65 for private members in SSS here in PI). When I reach retirement, I like to travel to places that I can visit, spend more time with my family and pamper myself too. Seriously, you picture yourself that old at 60 - watching tv with eyeglasses? There's a lot of senior citizens that are still active and strong 60 and beyond.
@xien2xien (1383)
hahaha....that's my grandfather used to do reading newspaper everymorning while drinking coffee and with an eyeglasses.. watching news on tv at night... my grandmother used to dance ballroom with her amigas and amigos.... i picture myself like everymorning to go to the garden and smell the freshness of my flowers....
@krajibg (11936)
• Guwahati, India
Hi xien, At 60 I would still be working and doing my job in my college for we college professors retire at 62. After that...well after that I with my wife would go places and if possible run a bookshop. This would keep me busy and I won be fretting over my age and ailments. Thinking of the days left is no use and therefore the long I am there I would like to pass in jolly mood.
@xien2xien (1383)
well then goodluck on running a bookstore at 62 sir. have a wonderful and peaceful life
At 60, i am retired by then, but my husband may still be working because he is younger than me by 5 years. So, being alone at home, i would be watching my favorite TV shows, reading books and being active in Mylot. That way, i have additional income to my monthly pension. But i would also be so much in touch with all my friends who are also retired by then. Maybe we could play mahjong or simply telling stories or maybe eating something we would like to eat.
@DanaS2011 (352)
By the time I'm 60 I would hope to have been married for many of years. I would have seen my children graduate from high school and college and would retire if I can
@azskull (90)
I think still working like this..still earning and beside when your in the internet you have the fresh news like cnn or similar news company.because social networking site can give you freshly news and what is happening all over the world because of the technology nowadays
@aprilsong (1886)
Well,there are lots of thing we can enjoy after retirement. You know what, one day my son said:how good will it to be i am now 60 years old and can watch TV all the time. Because he is busy on his study, so he says that. Well,actually, every period of our life is wonderful. We can relax and have time to do what we really enjoy after retirement. But first, to make sure you can enjoy your retirement, we should save enough money and keep healthy.
@whengcat (1458)
I'm imagining myself in a place close to nature and so peaceful. Then from time to time my children together with their own family would visit us(of course I want my husband beside me when I turn 60,lol!). Prepare delicious meals for them and sit around the table, doing things and stuff together....As simple as that, to be close to my family and to nature will do...:)
@sweet_pea (3326)
Probably the same thing as what you have in mind. Just taking time to enjoy retirement probably in a small farm where I can tend to my plants and hubby can take care of the farm animals! I just want a laid back life.
I would like to visit some very good place in this world. Some place where miracle happen and some very pure place. And want to lead very peaceful life.That time i don't want to take any tension just enjoy my end part of my life. Good day!
@06MLam (622)
I think I will be still working by that age, probaly inventing somethin or finding out some new theories for science. If not, then I think I will go swimming or jogging in the early morning and have my breakfast. Then, I will play my piano and flute and draw pictures in the rest of the day. I would also like to travel around the world to attend some concerts by some famous musicians or art exhibitions with art work done by famous artists. I think I am a bit too greedy. I actually would like to do all the things taht I have mentioned above but I will see what I will be doing after about 40 years!