Hurt myself belly dancing

I have decided to get into better shape. I am not overweight or anything but I do need to tone certain body parts. I found out I have free exercise programs on my television so I thought I would try it out. Belly dancing sounded cool and fun so I got my younger daughter to do it with me. Everything was going fine until my achilles heel started hurting. I don't know what I did wrong but now I am limping. Maybe I didn't stretch enough? I guess I won't be belly dancing anymore!
@mrgpk63 (444)
You did to much to soon. Belly Dancing puts a Strain on the Feet if Your not use to doing the Dancing of that Nature. Wear the Right Gear and do the Training Slowly. Get an Ankle Brace and Soak the Foot in Epsom Salts. Belly Dancing isn't for Everybody as it is a Specialized Mid Eastern Dance not for All People. Good Luck and Feel Better.
Thank you for the good advice. Now that you pointed it out I realize I was doing it barefoot. This is probably why I hurt my foot. I will try again but make sure to stretch first and wear the appropriate footwear! It was fun but you are right. It is not for everyone.
Welcome to mylot, i think you over did it, you have to do it for shorter time and next increse it slowly, that way body will accept it, other wise musles will strain and give pain.. Thanks for sharing Cheers. God bless you, have a nice day ahead. Professor ‘Bhuwan’. .