Freakin daylight savings time!!!

@uath13 (8227)
I was just thinking " I'm getting a little hungry. I wonder how long until break?". I look down at my watch "What...I've only been here an HOUR!!!". Then I realized I hadn't set my watch ahead yet.. Ok, just half an hour till break... In an age where most watches & clocks have gone digital why are we still having to set them up outselves. In fact why haven't we simply improved the daylight savings time method? If clocks would only move a few seconds a day ( either forward or back depending on the time of the year ) we'd still be alighned with the the sun & wouldn't even notice the hour loss or gain. Ah well, ( pushes a few buttons & resets his watch ), does daylight savings throw you off?
@dragon54u (31185)
Your solution is way too simple and makes too much sense to be taken seriously by the government. I never had trouble with the time change before but this year is very difficult for me for some reason. I'm still not used to it! I don't know why they want to do it anyway. I think it was started to allow children more time to help on the farm. How many children do that nowadays?! Why not just leave it alone?!! It's also been proven that joggers and walkers suffer more fatal traffic accidents in the fall when we set the clocks forward. You would think this would make a difference and stop this insane practice.
@uath13 (8227)
Most of what I come up with seems to make too much sense it seems. It would make people look bad if it wasn't THEIR idea. Any idea WHY there are more accidents in the fall? The amount of daylight should be the same if the clocks are shifted properly. Is it just because there is less light in general?
@dragon54u (31185)
I couldn't figure that out, either. It would help if people would stay off the road when they run--roads were made for cars, sidewalks for joggers and pedestrians. But no, they say the road's surface is better for their feet. So they die with healthy foot bones!
@speakeasy (4215)
Even easier - why not eliminate daylight savings time. I live in AZ and we get along fine without it. Entire countries get along fine without it. Think of all the manhours saved by eliminating it. Right now, millions of people are wasting time twice a year changing the time on clocks.
@uath13 (8227)
You have a definite point there. Most peoples schedules no longer require sunlight so I hardly see the point.
glad we dont have DST in our country :D
@uath13 (8227)
It has it's good points & it's bad points. If your schedule requires daylight then having the clock shift with the sun is beneficial.