Why should your race matter?

@cmecu6 (420)
What makes a person racist? Are we not all the same? Do we not all need breathe, ? do we not all bleed when cut, scrape? Take away the color of our skin, the different languages and aside from male vs female, are we any different from each other? I am having such a difficult time understanding how people could become so racist and refuses to look beyond the color of their skin.
Many people believe that their race is better than others. We as humans bash each others sexuality, religion, race, and political viewpoints. But in the end like you said we are all the same and all have the same basic needs. It is a shame we see each other's differences instead of our similarities.
@cmecu6 (420)
Sad, but true... Many do think their kind(whatever that means) are superior to others.. Why? I guess, like hardworkinggurl said, you would have to be one to know why?
Although I have never put myself in this area, the only way I can define it is how they were brought up during their childhood. Their environment I suppose has something to do with it. I don't get it either because my thinking is that all people, have hearts, souls, breath, eat and drinks just like everyone else. I think trying to figure it out is a never ending saga and one that unless a person is actually racist it cannot be understood.
@cmecu6 (420)
You're right.. Unless a person is actually racist themselves, we'll never know why they are the way they are..
@lilaclady (28240)
yes I agree but I take it even further and say we all have feelings and the will to live but so do animals but we tend to treat them if they don't, all living beings have feelings and hurt.