Coffee or Juice in Lieu of desserts

Since i am used to eating desserts or fruits or anything sweet after meals , i would usually just drink coffee at the office when there are no sweets around. At home sometimes, when we have no sweets or dessert to take after a meal, i would make a pitcher of juice. That way, we have dessert.
@thanks1961 (7049)
Hi dear, I am not so particular on such things. I used to have coffee or tea at morning and evening times. Also, after dinner or lunch, it is not so common to have sweets. But in office I am with a team of 6-8 people together in lunch and there may be some sweet dish for sure. And at night dinner, I prefer light food and so that I have no special preference for any kind of food and whatever is ready at home, I am always happy with it. Thank-s
Well, what i am trying to point out though, is whether in the absence of any sweets or dessert , would you be like me to have either coffee or juice instead?
Hi dear, Yes, I think I just moved out of the way. I will go for a juice, but in no way coffee or tea at times. Mostly the juice comes with sweet and fruity, I think it is alright. Thanks for your response. Thank-s
@junrapmian (2170)
I am not used to having desserts or fruits after a meal but I do drink a cup of black coffee after meals and I've been doing it for quite some time. Before I used to smoke after eating but since I already quit that habit, I turned to drinking coffee after eating meals.
So coffee serves as your dessert too? Coffee can also eliminate the richness of the foods we have eaten.
@inertia4 (27385)
Well, if you're looking to loose weight then having a cup of coffee or juice is better than eating candy or cake. I have a nice cup of coffee after dinner and I avoid sweets as I am diabetic. Water is also another great filler.
Correct ! Coffee or juice are a lot safer in losing weight than having cakes! My father is a diabetic too, and he avoid sweets so much.
@beamer88 (4268)
I take coffee after meals. I refrain from having desserts. I usually feel very full after a meal to the extent that desserts can no longer fit in my stomach :) Besides, after a good meal, I feel a bit sleepy so I need the jolt that coffee gives me.
Yes, coffee is a perk-upper. I would also drink it out of the blue, whenever i feel a bit sleepy.
@umabharti (3976)
hi now its summer we get watermelon andmany cooling fruits.we get at a price of rupees fifteen in market if the size is smaller big ones are of thiry and sixty cost per piece.Fruits are good choice ,for a change we can sometimes have sweets .Juices and a varity of Desserts.Life is for living and eating healthy food and is a gift of god.so enjoy life with the varieties.
Yes, now that summer is near at our place, fruits are in abundance , although some are really expensive. But we can always opt to buy the cheaper ones and make them into juice. However, for me it's coffee at breakfast. It's my perk-upper at the same time.
@gaiza12 (4889)
I like coffee but caffeine is not good for me so I would rather be drinking juice instead. Although there are decaffeinated coffees available, it is still a bit expensive and juice is much cheaper. At home, we prefer making juice after after eating, my family rarely drinks coffee.
So do i, when at home i only drink coffee while taking breakfast. It's my dessert at breakfast. But when at home, juice is the preferred dessert of my husband , if we run out of any sweets or fruits for dessert.
@SHAMRACK (8384)
Dear friend, If I had a heavy food and feels there would rise acidity I may prefer to have deserts. I do hardly have coffee or tea after food. Mostly I do have it in the morning and sometimes rarely during evenings.
Friend, what i am saying is when i am at the office and there's no available dessert or sweets i would prefer to make coffee because it's for free and is bittersweet also. Although, i would always take coffee during breakfast, which serves as my dessert too.