My Tuxedo cat is not the smartest cat I've ever seen. . .

@Suzieqmom (2763)
Muffin is VERY cute, and lovable, and friendly, but he is no Einstein. The other day he was sitting on his cat house, trying to sleep, and something--not sure what--started to annoy him, so he started to swish his tail. Because of the way he was curled up, the tip of his tail kept hitting him in the face every time he swished it. This made him even more annoyed, so he started swatting at his tail with his paw, and swishing his tail even faster. Consequently, he hit himself in the face even more with his tail, and also bopped himself with his paw! He got so mad at his tail that he latched onto it with his teeth, and ended up rolling right off the side of the perch! Luckily he landed on the next perch, which is also padded. I don't think he ever realized it was his own tail. I was laughing so much I almost fell out of my chair, too! Is this silliness a "trait" of Tuxedo cats, or is he just unique? Have any of your Tuxedos ever acted in an equally less-than-brilliant manner?
@lilaclady (28270)
maybe that is what happened to my tuedo cats tail, my liitle black and white cat came to me and she only has a stump for a tail so maybe she got annoyed with it and bit it off, oh aren't so cute...
@Suzieqmom (2763)
Maybe! Muffin is VERY cute, but always has this wide-eyed deer in the headlights look. He never gets that I am a cat so I am superior look, and I don't think he ever will, especially since he does silly stuff ALL the time!
@ElicBxn (60007)
I've never seen my tuxedo cats do anything like that, tho Oliver WILL sit with his tail sticking straight out behind him and get upset when the blind roommate steps on him! Now, talk about tails... A LONG time ago, Maggiepie and I took in a Siamese that the people called "Mystic" and Maggie said he told her his name was "A'Chi'ing" The first time she ever saw him he was sitting on the range with the tip of his tail in the pilot light (it had no fur.) After we had him, we didn't have a gas stove, and the fur grew back, but we'd see him staring at the tail tip. He'd watch it twitch and grab it and you could HEAR his jaws snap shut on it. Then there'd been a couple of second's pause before he'd jump, un-clamp his jaws and lick the tail tip like he didn't know how it got hurt. But, before you knew it, he was stalking that tail again!
@Suzieqmom (2763)
We haven't had the pilot light experience yet, but Muffin has done the other stuff AChi'ing has done to his tail. He actually came to us with a kink at the tip of his tail, which may explain some of it (maybe he damaged the nerve endings). But he has gotten his tail caught in our front door, the closet door, inside two box flaps. . .he runs into (or out of) one place and always forgets to bring his tail with him!