At First It Didn't Twig..

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
..but eventually it did after I rang Mum at work and she confirmed it...as I had received a parcel from Hotter shoes with Mum's name on it. "That's odd..I wonder if Hotter have got our addresses mixed up and the shoes are Mum's?" I muttered to myself. I even looked at the size of shoe and, even though they were my size, it still didn't twig they were mine..so I rang Mum. She had indeed rang Hotter and ordered them for me from a catalogue she'd received via their website. In actual fact I'd ordered the catalogue for her but had no idea what she was planning! She has a good reason for ordering me some shoes but I'm not allowed to say on here. I shall let you work it out for yourself..just don't mention it OK? It was a lovely surprise and I've been "breaking them in" today. The leather is very good and they are made in England, like my boots I bought recently. The colour? BRIGHT YELLOW!!
@hofferp (4739)
Happy Easter! Just kidding, I know it's your Bday. Do you have anything to wear with those bright yellow shoes? You and Hubby going out to celebrate?
@hofferp (4739)
I bet the outfit will look wonderful on you. It's warm here. You want to try them here?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I could do couldn't I? In actual fact it's really warm and sunny today. I've just been to Netto for some "bits" and I made the mistake of actually wearing a jacket..yes, it's THAT warm! Not that I'm complaining or anything. I sat outside for a bit with the moggy and we both appreciated a bit of sun for a change. It's 12 degrees C by the way. Is 10 about 55 degrees F..or something? I used to be able to convert easily but I have to think about it really hard now!
@hofferp (4739)
I had to look it up because I don't convert very often, but 10 C = 50 F. It's about 65+ F here or 18 C. So we're both having a lovely spring day. Tomorrow I'm going to play golf. Hopefully, the wind won't blow...
@SViswan (12072)
Oh, you lucky girl!! lol. My mom never gives me such surprises...well, she does give me gifts but never surprises such as this one :) Enjoy your bright yellow shoes! :) Maybe it's your turn to surprise your mom :)
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I have them on as I'm typing this with socks on so they don't rub. It will be a while until I can wear them without socks but I'm confident it will happen as I can tell they are going to be comfy due to the soft leather they are made of. I am lucky aren't I lol. Yes, I have been thinking about surprising Mum on Mother's Day, which is April 4th. I could send her some flowers ordered off the internet but that's too obvious...you've got me thinking now, which can't be a bad thing!
@SViswan (12072)
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Ah, you are in March too then are you? I had no idea what you were going on about until I read some one else's post! Well done on your gift. I hope that you receive many more amazing things soon.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
My brother's come up trumps financially for me but Mum's keeping hold of the money until I go there for Easter, which isn't a bad idea when you think about it. MIL gave me £20 so I shall have to go shopping with that at some point, otherwise it will go on food or something daft like that lol. The date in question is a bit later than you making me an Aries.
It is neat that she knows your size and taste well enough to do this. Glad you could sort it out.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Yes, I'm lucky that I'm a normal size 6 (UK sizing) so Mum knows not to buy me an extra wide fitting which is something Hotter specialise in. Mum, however, is harder to buy shoes for as she reckons her feet have shrunk! Sometimes she's a size 3, other times a 2! Her feet always look ace in shoes and I've often said she should model them as they are dainty. She has problems with the balls of her feet burning so I've no idea what that is. I got it one time due to not wearing the correct tights with a pair of boots I have. I walked it to an interview and by the time I got a few yards from home I was really tempted to take them off, my feet were burning that much. It was horrible and as soon as I got in the house I burst into tears with relief! The boots in question are normally so comfy and I always made sure my feet had the right socks or tights on from that moment on. I'm alright with anything flat though..even my cheapo M&S boots are fine for bombing around in, just no good in the rain which is why I bought the Hotter boots if you remember.
Wow now that had to make your day! Hooray for moms who pre-plan! Glad to hear that the surprise was something really nice you can fit them. Yeah mom!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I'm hoping these shoes I'll be able to wear bare-footed as I have really sensitive feet now. I don't have corns or anything but they do feel the cold a bit more and shoes rub if I'm not careful. However, my Hotter boots I bought at the start of the year have been amazing and it's all due to how they are made. It's the same with these shoes. I shall persevere to the end lol.
i keep seeing the little inserts you get in magazines for Hotter shoes, and I just love the pink ones! They look really comfortable if a bit pricier than what I usually pay for shoes, but they look lovely and different from the other shoes you can buy. but yellow , wow thats amazing! lucky you to have such a lovely thoughtful mum. Sadly my mum is no longer around, but i might just treat myself to pair of Hotters!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I am totally hooked on Hotter shoes. In fact, I know about the pink ones you describe as Mum tried buying those but they're not out until April. Ace aren't they? These yellow ones are ace. All Hotter shoes and boots have the same sole and they are so comfortable you wouldn't believe. I bought an even more expensive pair of Comfortsko shoes a few years ago and the leather is way inferior. In fact, I never could wear them without pop socks (tights that come up to the knees) otherwise they would rub. I doubt I shall have such problems with the Hotters as the leather is softer and there is an amazing leather insole that is cushioned. In actual fact Comfortsko are now defunct and I'm not surprised! I shall wear the Hotter shoes with socks for a bit so my feet get used to them. Hopefully, by the time it gets warmer the shoes will be broken in by then and I won't have to wear socks with them!! Mum got 10% off and I have a £5 discount voucher, just in case I get tempted..again! They are an amazing company and I reckon the boots/shoes are well worth the money. I used to buy Clark's shoes all the time but the quality has gone down since they moved production abroad.
@BarBaraPrz (19865)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
My father used to say, "Don't buy anyone new shoes, they'll just walk away from you." But you're not likely to walk away from Mum, are you? Especially in bright yellow shoes (too easy to spot!) Enjoy.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
No, I'm not likely to walk away from Mum, you're right. It's a good job I'm visiting over Easter because she said shopping is a pain as she can't find the exits in shops. I did this in Boots last week as I was on a floor I don't normally go on. It's fortunate that I spotted someone I knew and he guided me to the stairs!! It's an escalator going up but stairs coming down..a bloody pain if you ask me!
I guess that It is your birthday gifts.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
You mustn't say that word! It's banned..but yes you're right although it's not upon us yet.