Criminal Minds

@flapiz (4155)
Australia
"Don't ask me why I kill, ask me why I don't kill evryone." Well I bet some of you are familiar of this series in AXN called Criminal Minds. It is an interesting show that features different cases of murders mostly done by serial killers. The nice part is the show offers you a glimpse of the mind of a killer. What makes him tic, how he chooses his victim, why he uses a particular killing style and when he attacks. This is really a thrilling show which will improve your analytic nature and how you assess and deal with people. Well if you have watched this show, I would like to know what you think about it. I if you haven't then you could share your views about serial killers. What you think are the reasons why they kill and such? I'd love to hear from you guys. Thanks.
@jennyze (7048)
I watched this series in DVDs, Session 1 and 2. I love them. Yes, it let us know how a criminal mind works and often that's scary. They just want to kill and some of the killers treated them as an art. To polish every time until they got to perfection.
@jennyze (7048)
Seeing those series made me suspicious on my neighbors. Are they all normal people or some of them harbor the need to carve someone else?
@flapiz (4155)
Hahaha... Rated your last comment. I hope your neighbors are normal friend. As long as there are no reported killings in your place that's okay i guess. :) Keep Safe..
@jennyze (7048)
Thank you for the rate. Well, according to the movie, they killed somewhere else, a distance away from the neighborhood. So, I will look out for neighbors who often traveling.
@matersfish (6311)
I think the show does a decent job of touching on the real motivations of killers. Unlike a lot of other cops 'n' robbers shows, which they all essentially are, Criminal Minds doesn't really take a political angle or a PC angle. It's to the minds and patterns of criminals only. I wouldn't think people could "learn" anything from the watered-down profiling techniques and the miniscule tid bits of psychological wisdom delivered up relatively the same week after week. So don't go trying to profile your neighbor or anything. There's a lot more in someone's "mind," especially a criminal's, than what the TV show can dish out in 40 minutes. But it is something different, something smart and original. The kinds of killers dealt with on the show mostly are what do qualify as "serial killers." They have knowledgable people working on the show, obviously. They deal with psychological breaks and spree killers and, at least in my opinion, do a good job of explaining what's behind it all. But the true mind of anyone is something extremely complicated. For every few things killers share in common, there are also many things personal to them. For example: many killers take mementos or leave a signature. That's something you can "profile" universally in some cases. But what they're taking and what they're leaving is usually something that's not discovered through profiling. It's not discovered until capture, and then that information gets fleshed out and goes into the archives for future reference. So it's definitely an ongoing process, profiling in general. It has its skeptics. The real world criminals aren't being brought to justice in droves by the BAU like the TV show. They lend help, but they don't fly around and lock everyone up. Overall, though, I think it's a cool show.
@flapiz (4155)
Wow Matersfish! You seem to know a lot about profiling and such. You don't happen to be a cop, do you? Hehe.. Don't worry I won't go profiling my neighbors. That sounds sneaky. lol. I agree though that a persons mind is very complicated, that is maybe because people's experiences varies and the genetic make up also varies. Well a killers mind particularly fascinates me and scares me at the same time. I would like to take a peek on what's going on in there. Marked as best response and rated. :)
Well... ty... I guess. I don't think I'm brave enough to be a cop. My motivations for learning--or at least wanting to know more than I knew--about criminals stemmed from political debates. Personally, I was a little fed up with folks wanting to paint criminals as victims. So I studied a little bit of Criminal Psychology. But it was very minor. I didn't complete any courses or earn a degree in it, though I may one day go back after it. A full course entails subjects like social violence and problem solving and leadership. I only focused on actual criminal behavior, as it can stand alone in the sense that a criminal is not necessarily the product of his or her entire environment. Overall, I'm also fascinated by what drives people to be evil - or at least what "normal" society considers evil. I'm often shocked that a guy like Ted Bundy and a guy like me are not too far apart, save some trouble mothering issues. People's experiences definitely differ. And the fact that a person from a good home environment can turn out just as "nuts" as someone from a broken home definitely lends weight to genetic predisposition playing a part. I think the biggest thing that separates serial killers from ordinary people is that they're not only fearless when it comes to doing their will, they're actually satisfied by doing it. To them, plotting out a horrific murder is no different than you or I going to work at a job that fulfills us. And it's only a very thin line that keeps most of us grounded, a line that can be blurred or outright shattered in any of us. Scary!
very enlightening posts here matersfish!!! i'm a psychology graduate myself and back then i wanted to take up criminal psychology and eventually take up law. things didn't pan out the way i wanted so it is something that i've put in my bucket list. not sure if i can do it but given the chance i will.
What interests me about the show is how they have to think as the killers to profile them. Anbd then I think that there´s just a thin thread between the good guys and the bad ones.
@flapiz (4155)
Indeed. I like the thinking part. It kinda makes me want to think too, and guess the outcome. LOL. Yes there is a thin thread between good and evil. That makes people scary sometimes.
I don´t much like shows where all is given and you have nothing to think about. Maybe the outcme is know, as the good guys always win. But it is interesting to know why the serial killers are killing. I am aware that the show´s idea is that many killers have traumas in their childhood and they couldn´t move on. It´s creepy but true.
@flapiz (4155)
Childhood traumas should be given more attention these days I guess. It's a kinda sad situation.
@chiwasaki (4661)
Criminal Minds is one of the best series for me. I really get easily bored with explanations but with this series, I am really excited to hear how they come up with such conclusion. For me, this is a very interesting field. I am a graduate of Psychology and because of this series, I was able to really appreciate my degree.
@flapiz (4155)
Wow that's so cool. I've always wanted to take up psychology. Yes the movie is indeed nice to watch specially if you have a psyche background. I can relate a bit because I am from the nursing field. I find it amazing how twisted a mind could get.
@carolscash (9500)
I absolutely love this show! I hate to miss any of it and I watch the reruns all of the time. I can't say that I have a favorite character as they all have special personality traits that I find intriguing. I hope that this show contines for quite a while.
@flapiz (4155)
Yes indeed. I hope that show won't stop running. It has become part of my system. I only watch the reruns since I can't watch on weekdays. My family and I enjoy watching it while eating a bagful of chips. We love this show.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi. flapiz. I think the reason why serial killers kill others is because they are psychotic themselves. They are obsessed and they suffer from being abused as they were a child too. They are a maniac that possesses two sides of them. I have watched many episodes of the Criminal Minds show. I am not sure that I have watched the AXN series though. I would love to watch it very soon.
@flapiz (4155)
Indeed you are right. Some of them were born sociopaths and it runs in the genes. Some also suffered from abuse too and these kinds of killers, I kinda pity a bit. You seem to know about serial killers. I see you are also a fan of the movie. Hehe..
I enjoy watching criminal minds. It is one of those shows that has many twists and turns and you do not always know what is going to happen next. It keeps you guessing. I watch it on a local channel called PAXtv here. I think simply put some people kill for the thrill and others kill because they are simply not right in the head.
@flapiz (4155)
Yeah it is indeed an unpredictable show. Well most of them are not right in the head somehow.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
I love the show, and not only because Shamar Moore is on it.
@flapiz (4155)
Well Shamar Moore is definitely handsome and hot. Hahaha..
@vannyt (344)
I haven't watched this series for about a year now. Quite interesting show unfortunately CSI series are dominating this crime related shows. I have to start watching this show again. What season are they in now? Who are the new characters?
@flapiz (4155)
Well I don't watch it in order, but i do watch it every time I get to. I think it's season 6 now. I don't know who the new characters are. The countdown for season 6 here in the Philippines was last week and I haven't seen that season yet. I am hoping I could watch the replay this weekend. :)
I absolutely love that show. The latest episode almost made me cry. My favourite characters are Dr. Reid and Garcia. Actually, the man who plays Reid is from my home town and went to the same high school that my husband did. He graduated a year or two before my husband started.
@flapiz (4155)
Hi Gloom :) Wow! Really? That is sooo Cool.. So where is your hometown? Well I like Garcia too. And well I felt sad in the episode where she got shot by her date. Hahaha.
Yeah, I know the show. I love AJ Cook. She's so hot. I wouldn't rely on TV shows like this or Lie To Me or whatever of life lessons, though. I've talked to someone watching Lie To Me and claimed he can tell lies because he had watched every single episode of it. It makes people act confident which makes them really look dumb.
@flapiz (4155)
oops multiple comments :)
@flapiz (4155)
Hahaha. Thanks for the laughs frontvisions. I haven't watched lie to me yet. But I always see the commercial. I'm planning to watch and see if I will be like your friend. lol. Anyway, yeah AJ Cook is SUPER HOT. :)
i like the show... one of the few that i try to follow religiously. i think it is so underrated compared to the other cops and robbers show that are playing. i really like how the show takes a real good look at character development and this is not only reserved for the antagonists but also for the protagonists of the show. i can't say that i have a favorite episode but i'm still playing catch up and watching the previous seasons. over-all i think one of the better written series we have right now.
@flapiz (4155)
Hi Allen! Yes indeed it is nicely written. I cannot pick a favorite too but there was one episode that kinda struck me as cleverly written. The one where a guy kidnaps girls and cooks them and in the end he fed everyone in the community with the girl's flesh, but the people were unsuspecting.So when he was caught he and asked where the girl was, he said " ____, is in all of us." So he made everyone as guilty as he was.