I Love It When Cats Have Their "Ways" Of Telling/Asking Us Something

@Janey1966 (24126)
Carlisle, England
Earlier on in the day I had to wash Flojo's furry cover that is situated on a leather chair in the corner, by the window. She loves her furry cover and I could tell she was missing it. The thing was minging though so it had to be washed, I'm afraid. More than once she would look at the wooden maiden I had the furry cover over to dry as if to say, "Isn't it ready yet, I want me kip!" Eventually, however, I gave in to her needs as about 3 hours ago I was sat watching telly when she came over to me, then walked over to "her" chair, thought twice about jumping up because the cover wasn't there, looked wistfully at the wooden maiden..then back at me..so that was it... Despite the cover being ever-so-slightly damp (but only the backing underneath so she's not lying on it anyway) I decided to lay it back on "her" chair to see what she did. Awww, what happened next was so cute. She jumped up onto her cover immediately and kneeded it for about 5 minutes, then she positioned herself into a little ball and slumped down on it. She's been there ever since. I guess she wouldn't have led on it if it hadn't been suitable? We all know how fastidious moggies can be regarding their sleeping arrangements!
They are all so funny in their sleep routines. Tiger wants to either be on me, or right next to me. Creamery usually will get on Bob and turn a few circles before settling down to purr and snore. Princess has them all fooled though. She sleeps on the bathroom rug a lot of the day, but she also goes upstairs and sleeps on the foot of the bed, on Bob's side. She is the only one allowed upstairs, because generally she will never disturb us, and she never has "accidents".
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Awww how adorable! I really hate it when people say, "they're ONLY cats!" That's not true is it? They are human-like in their behaviour and only cat-lovers know this.
@knicnax (2234)
Awww, that's so cute! My big kittens (uno, dos and tres) usually follow me all around when they want to fed or to have their heads scratched. I find it really sweet. Our cats are really smart you know?
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
I agree! I love your cats names..is it Spanish? I remember those words meaning "One, Two and Three" and I hope I'm right. One of my Mum's cats is a bit stressed as my Dad can't bend down to stroke her when Mum is at work. Not surprisingly, she loves it when I come to visit (about 4 times a year but many days each time) as I make such a fuss of her and let her sleep on my lap...the cat not my Mum lol. I love lap cats!
@knicnax (2234)
Yes it is. Uno, Dos and Tres are "One, Two and Three" in English. I'm not spanish though :) I love lap cats too! I especially love lazy cats who just want to eat, sleep, and have their heads/backs scratched. I find them very sweet!
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
You would've loved Thebes then. Her favourite spot was my lap..she kept it warm on many occasions!
halu Janey, ounch your story reminds me my black cat with blue eyes,when i was in Elementary my cat always at my lop when im sitting till she sleep,my cat always with me when im home,i loved that cat so much.when i was in first year high school,i remember the night,i was reviewing preparing for the exam, my cat was in my lop again,till she slept.. till it was mourning,i always wake up early in the mourning and before going to school, i fetch water first,then swept mess at the backyard,when im cleaning the house my cat is not around,and i have to find her,i call her name many times "MUNING", "MUNINGGGG" but she doesn't appear and it was the first time that i can't see her,and calling her..then till i found her,in one corner at the kitchen, MUNINGGG ,MUNINGGG i said,i thought she is sleeping,i hold her but she doesn't move,i heard my heartbeat so loud and fast.i call my grandfather,and i was cried and cried i know she's gone but that time i can't accept the truth, i hold her in my arms,i hugged her with all my love. my grandfather,told me it's okkay,she sleep now and slept forever..me and my grandfather,buried my cat. oh till now,i can't hold on my tears if i remember my days with my sweet loving cat. thanks so much have a BLESS DAY
@BarBaraPrz (21011)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I bet she's glad she could get through to you.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
As I type this she's still flat out on her cover. Once I go to bed she will suddenly appear at my pillow..and sleep there. Don't you just love cats?
@BarBaraPrz (21011)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yup!
@watergirl (569)
I swear my cat talks to us! our 6 month old cat Tiger looks at us and says something when he needs or wants something. And it's not random meowing. Whenever we come home, he runs towards the door and says something, motioning for the door with his paw. He always gives out that specific sound whenever I'm about to open the door as if saying "open the door now." He also has a distinct sound when asking for milk! My sons say our Tiger is a very clever cat.
urgh.washing any cover or blanket in this house leads to trauma. they usually don't mind a touch damp,but like dryer warmed even better. warms elderly moggie bones.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Awww!
Lol that`s love. When an owner knows what his/her pet wants or knows what they are thinking. It`s sweet. You make me want to get a cat now. Grr. _
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Awww, I hope you manage to get one someday. Make sure it's from a shelter though. There are a lot of unwanted cats requiring caring owners.
@umabharti (3976)
hi,we to have cats,They when r hungry try a little bittin and just going round the legs and behind us to show that they are in need to something.They do understand each and every thing we do ,if we are angr y they just go off and sleep somewhere without annoying us anymore.If we show love towards them they too inreturn are so.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Yes, my cat does that too, rubs my legs when she wants feeding.
I guess the pet has Its emotion too,It just can't say it.It conveys it through its expression.Our dog even watches our every mood.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
It's hard to explain to anybody who doesn't own a cat that they have all these expressions. Flojo has loads of them and her eyes are just as expressive as a dog..well, I think so anyway lol.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
They actually can talk right? I have 4 that were sick when we adopted, they are our kids now, very kind. They all have different ways to be, it's so funny how the personality differs from one to another. They meow out loud when they are hungry, they meow paused and very shortly when they are answering me...
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Yes, Flojo does communicate vocally at times but she did it with looks and gestures last night (probably couldn't be bothered) lol. You're right, each cat is different, even ones from the same litter!