Parents, what would you do?

The people who moved in next door about a year ago are always arguing. They have 3 children. The man doesn't live there (apparently - though I suspect he does and she is claiming benefits as a single mum) He has been arrested twice for turning up drunk and attacking her They fight all the time. The kids, I would say they are around the ages of 10, 6 and 3. The parents fight a lot and the police have been called several times to sort it out. But I am worried about the little ones. I don't know if they are at risk or not. I have heard him shouting and swearing at them, but its possible they were just being naughty and he lost his temper. What scared me most was when I was upstairs one day and I heard the mother shouting at one of the littler ones, there was a lot of crashing like she either pushed the kid or scared her enough to make her fall into something and I heard the mother screaming "Get up! Clean up this s***, I'm sick of you, I f***ng hate you". What would you think? Do you think this is just a stressed out mother, or something more?
@ravinskye (8245)
I think it is probably something more. I had a friend who I think was really depressed and needed to be on medication. She talked to her kids like that. She also berated her husband like that too. She probably is taking out her unhappiness on the kids. It isn't a good situation for those kids to be in. With the cops being called out there I can't believe some sort of child services isn't involved already. I think I would tip them off. You could be wrong, but I would rather see it investigated then one of the kids turn up hurt if the mother goes farther then just yelling at them.
I made a report to the NSPCC about 9 months ago. They didn't even investigate.
@aerous (13475)
I think its not just simply stressed, it might be psychological effect too. As you say they fight a lot. Be patient being a parent's do your best and I think it's not your fault if they are acted like that...