Try to ignore people when they are looking to get on your bad side.

I tell this to my daughter all the time. Sometimes it can be hard to do in real life. Today I am rather proud of myself. I woke up feeling good and started aout my day cleanng and getting rid of clothing I can't fit. then got a friendly email from my great friend warning me of something. So no I am armed with what I say to my daughter all the time. Ignore peple who are looking to bring you down in life. So if your finding yourself in my shoes where your being bothered please do as I do and let it pass you by. don't respond and don't fight back. it will make you feel like me and that is great right now. I am going to reward myself later with a sweet treat. Do you find it hard to just ignore the stupid people around you in life? take care..
I agree with you 110%. In my opinion, ignore the Debbie Downers that you can't get out of your life - such as family members, bosses, etc - and lose the friends that try to bring you down. That seems like a legit plan to me. I hate that. Negativity is just contagious and I really cant' stand to be arond people like that!
It brings my whole day down when I have to feed into that kind of crap. then what makes it worse is when they are online starting trouble. Bet our bottom dollar I can move on and fast.
@cream97 (29166)
I am with both of you on this comment!
@annapplez (209)
I find myself a lot more emotional nowadays than I used to be. So many things have happened in the last few years that it becomes harder and harder to deal with things with your brain rather than your heart. I will teach the same thing to my children though, so I guess I should try and set a good example.
@sid556 (31005)
I agree that it is best to ignore someone that is looking to argue most of the time. You said "great friend" and unless you were being sarcastic then ignoring would probably not be something I would do. If a good friend of mine sent me an e-mail because she was upset about something I did or had a problem with something I did or didn't do, I'd have to pay attention and try to make things right. I just couldn't just ignore my friend. I value my friends too much. If this is really a good friend of yours, Gifts then I would say that you'd feel better if you tried to resolve things with him/her. I could be way off on this advise. Without any details, I'm just guessing here based on what you've said.
@Angelgirl16 (2177)
You are a girl after my own heart because I feel the exact way. Life is too short to allow people to get on your last nerve. If you allow them to upset your world you are doing just what they want you to do, get upset, and they have won. They are not worthy to win, so don't give the situation the time of day.
I am so glad to read your response. it is really a nice one thanks very much..
Hi, I hope you are having a great day, and I hope things have changed for the better.
I think it depends on how I am doing overall as to whether or not I can ignore people. If I am feeling good all over, then I can ignore them easily. If something else is bothering me, or I am not feeling really healthy, everything will bother me and I will feel angry. Mostly I do not express it though, I just remove myself from the situation. If I am with hubby and something starts to bother me, I kinda tell him, under my breath and we get out of the situation.
That is good to know for sure. I feel I did good and I can learn from you guys how to be better. Take care.
@CTHanum (8254)
Yeah that is what I did recently. I am lazy to fight them back so I will volunteer to let them win the game.They always or I might say every words came out from their mouth are so negative even if I did not asked for their opinion.They will say bad and negatives thought to let you feel down and discouraged.I will just let them speak and do not respond back to what they said. Yeah it's hurt but at least I don't make the argue last long.
You should clap your hands and smile that your the big one. The one that will be on the right side say somethin was to happen in the long run. stay smart and just smile..
@surekharathi (14134)
Yes this is most important and really it is necessary to ignore these type of people because now the people is not good so if you will reply of any words then they will again do that type of activity. I also ignore the people who commenting on me or prompting on me in my college life because college students were not good and they try to find the chance when I tell them something but I was not do this. You do your work dont attention on them
Good for you too in your college life. it is hard enough going to school to begin with.
@ajk111 (2527)
i find it harder now because i have high blood pressure. when i was younger i could shrug it off no problem at all. it gets more difficult to understand why people want to behave like that. is thier life so sad they want to bring down others? good for you for passing sound advice to your daughter.
I am hoping you can get better soon. I dn't know much about high blood pressure at all. I just don't want anything to happen to you. take care.
@yspmyl (3438)
Hi, That is what I do also to myself, I will never entertain others who trying to look down on you or talk bad about you. I know myself and I know that what I did are correct, so why bother what other people say about me? If what that person say is correct, then just ignore them, that is the best way to stop the news from being spread. If you respond to them, you probably have fall into their trap where they actually wanted to get your attention and wanted to see how you react with their bad comment. So, ignore those stupid person is the best way to handle such a person. Happy always!
@KrauseHome (35522)
Well, many times, this is definately more easier said than done, and many times there is no way it can always be avoided. I work with some people that seriously will never be up to my standards and always pressing my buttons and doing things I consider off the wall to where it is hard to not be argumentitive. I honestly wish sometimes people could quit looking at things from their eyes only and look at things as a whole.
The way I see it is that I have way too much going on in my own personal offline life that I cannot be bothered by silliness. There are some who will go all out of their way for some odd reason to make sure they make the lives of others impossible. I don't understand that, I really don't! I don't understand why it is necessary to live with the goal of making life impossible for anyone, outside of thinking that it is part of the person's character and or simply a viscous person with too much time on their hands. Gee if that much energy was exerted in more positive ways perhaps the person would be a more peaceful and caring person, is always my thoughts. But again I like you ignore at much as I can. I don't see any point in proving whether I am right or telling the truth in anyone, I feel my actions speak for themselves and those who choose to feel differently I suppose it is their own personal issue with that. I try my darnedest to simply be the person I believe I am which is caring and nice. lol.
@winterose (39918)
I don't participate in gossip, it is always malicious and 9 out of 10 times it is wrong and hurts people.
Its not hard to ignore the people . If you really want to ignore them , it wouldnt be that hard. Sometimes they might do something stupid to get your attention and make you mad , but you have to be the bigger person and let it go . Dont let anything or anybody bring your feelings down .
It is hard to ignore stupid people sometimes. People who make me want to slap my forehead and go-GHEEZ! Those people I definitely try to ignore. But I find that if it has to do with injustice concerning my kids I can't just ignore. I just right in the middle with all four feet and scream for the heavens to hear.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I have a MIL who I have been ignoring since Christmas Eve and before that night about 3 months before that. It is just easier to stay away from drama. we don't need it. I used to visit for tea now I stopped a long time ago. My councellor asked me if I went for tea out of obligation since she is my MIL....I said no, I don;t think so. She said would you be her friend and go for tea if she wasn't your MIL....I honestly said NO, I would not be her friend. So that told me a lot....
@cream97 (29166)
You know I thought this about my mother-in-law. She used to mistreat me so badly. When I say badly, I mean terrible! She made me feel ugly too. She made me feel as if I was nothing. Now, I have my own place and I have not moved back into her home in about two years. I have been on my own ever since then. And it has been lovely, I mean just lovely. I don't want to go down that road with her again, not ever! So when she sees me she is so eager to know everything about me and what I am doing when I am not around her. In the past, she enjoyed keeping up with me and her son. Now we don't have a home phone at our house, and she has no choice but to call my husband's cell phone. She don't even have my cell phone number, but I can get hers though. I am glad that you are being strong enough to not let anyone bring you down. You don't need anyone in your life that is trying to make you feel less than yourself. Surround yourself with positive people and you will be positive as well!