can a bridge make your good toothe loose?

Friday I went to the dentist t have my teeth fitted. I only have a bridge with 5 teeth on it and the man put it in my mouth. He clamped something metal on to the front tooth in my mouth. It hurt when it snapped into place and it felt like my tooth moved. he just wanted to check my bite and took it out fast. But I did not want to make him upset by asking anything stupid. So I am wndering if that metal is goin to show in my mouth? Is the metal that will be at the roof of my mouth going to change the taste of my food? and lastly is that going to shift my good teeth because I will do without it if this is the case. Thanks very muc for all the help.
@sender621 (14956)
I can see how any dental work we have done can have an effect on the good teeth we do still have. Even bridge work could loosen teeth over time.
O my goodness I was hoping not to read this. i will have to be careful then. thanks
The metal will not disturb your test buds. So it's not going to change your food test. Tooth help to chewing the foods or break down any food and when it mix up with saliva then it goes into our body and test buds realize us the test of foods. And bridge don't make our good tooth loose if we are careful about it. Have a good day!
Wonderful thanks very much for this.
@sid556 (31003)
I'm not a dentist but I would say that it should not shift your teeth. Rather, not wearing it would be more apt to shift your teeth as there will be nothing there to stop them from shifting. I couldn't tell you about the taste but I have friends who have partials and I've not heard anything bad about the taste of food. As for the metal showing in your mouth, I guess that all depends on your smile. I have seen metal in someones mouth and know they are wearing a partial. Then again there are others that I know only because they've told me and I couldn't tell otherwise. Either way, I would think the metal would be better than smiling without teeth so I'd just look at it that way. I think you are worrying too much. There are people that have to live with the pain and the embarrassment of bad teeth or no teeth with no means of help. you are very lucky . Count your blessings.
Your so right and I am thankful that I have all my front teeth. I am missing the back. So thanks for reminding me to smile and stop stressing this. Take care..
If I am not mistaken the metal part rests on the gum. I do know someone who I think it sounds like the same bridge he has and if there is any changes he has gotten use to it and don't believe it has made any changes to the way the food tastes if it did he does not appear to any problems eating.
Thanks very much.. I needed to read this. My friend said her food tastes bad with the metal in her mouth. I just hope you can't see the hooked part wen smile. because I may have to remove it. Thanks again..
@CONDLAUR (134)
You should have asked the dentist. He is the only one which can make an accurate assumption of what happened. A medical problem is not to be treated on the internet, although some could be treated. The taste of your food will be different regarding on what time of metal it is, but i do not think it will change very much. You will get used with the metal taste.
My friend said the metal in her mouth ets on her nerves when she touches it with her fork.