Mind Game before The Semi Finals By Pakistan - Not In Good Taste !!!

@AKRao24 (21617)
We are going to have Semi final Match between Pakistan and India on 30th of March 2011 at Mohali. Every one is eagerly awaiting for this day. This match is a special one in itself for being the knock out Semi final one, but more than that it is between the two teams who are traditional rivals! Because of this fact there will be mental pressure on the both the teams1 India is maintaining its balance and showing its positive attitude by keeping themselves cool during the practicing session! But then surprisingly from the Pakistani side there are many official Comments / Statements in the media, which are irrelevant at the moment. Few Comments which have been given in the media are as Follows: 1. Indian Players should take Sleeping pills one night before the match to have sound sleep to get rid of the tension prevailing on their minds to play against Pakistan' 2. We won't allow Indian Players to make big Score in this match. 3. Sachin Can't complete his 100 centuries in this World Cup tournament. 4. What is the use of making century by a player when team can't win? There are many other silly comments passed by the players of Pakistan! Now I am really unable to understand why these people are making such silly statements in the press or media? Are they thinking that by such statements Indian players will get disturbed and they will perform bad in the match? Is this the poor and dirty mind game by the Pakistani Players? If it is so it is so unsporting and cheap way of putting the pressure on opponent team, for which obviously India is not going fall a prey in any way! Pakistan Team should start behaving themselves and be sophisticated and polished ones, as they should not forget that Cricket is a Gentleman's game and hence a decent and polite behaviour is expected in this game from the players! What do you think about this whole affair? Kindly respond!Your Opinion will be highly appreciated! Thanks !
@ram_cv (16516)
Actually I am happy that the mind games have begun. If there is one thing that gets this Indian team to really focus, then it is mind games. Characters such as Zaheer, Bhajji and Gambhir really go one level up when they are needled. So Pakistan have done a mistake in conjuring up these mind games. Of course, the Little Master knows only one way to respond to a mind game, by scoring more runs. So if you ask me I am very happy that Pakistan are doing this. Cheers! Ram
@AKRao24 (21617)
Hi Dear Ram! You feel that by these mind games we should be really happy as these things investigate our players! May be you are right! Zaheer, Harbhajan and Gambhir are the players who have interest in showing their best if someone challenges them! But then they should be careful and should not loose their heads and they need to show the opponents their ability with keeping themselves cool! I think these mind games may not have any effect on Sachin tendulkar and he will aptly reply to the opponents with his bat which is the 'Brahmastra' he is having with him in this battle of Mahabharata! OK! Let us see if things will work out for India! Any way I am happy to know about your confidence and positive way of thinking! Now there are just few minutes left to start the Match , so, Let us wish the Indian Team all the best! Thanks for responding!
@msdivkar (1903)
We are giving too much importance to the silly comments by the petty players, by discussing them here in mylot. The comments come from the people who are shaky inside and trying to diffuse the tension by passing such silly comments. India captain Mahendrasingh Dhoni as well as some senior players like Sachin are cool customers they will only reply these comments with their bats on the field. Hope the match turn out worthy to be a semifinal clash of a world cup let it not fizzle out like one against New Zealand.
@AKRao24 (21617)
Hi Dear msdivkar! You caught my point precisely! Yes, I know these players shouldn't be given too much of importance to gain unnecessary popularity on sites like this! Well as I said in my last postings basically Pakistanis are not confident about their capabilities and to cover up that they are getting over mart and showing over confidence! I agree to your point that presently they are shaky as they know that India is having lot of plus points apart from being a good team on their side. India is having the advantage of home pitch and most adoring local crowd who cheers at even on a single run taken! For the Crowd it will be a feast to watch as he match between the two countries is taking place after so many years! So to diffuse their tension such silly comments are being passed by these people! For that matter every player from our team is having sufficient experience in the International Cricket and they know when and how to respond. hopefully the Indian team will respond back suitably with their ball and bat to make them realise that deeds have more value than the words! India Players need to keep their heads cool and play a positive cricket to bag the victory and to enter the finals ! All the best to Indian team! Thanks for rsponding!
@rajeev075 (1936)
ITs all happen in cricket Pakistani are doing all these to pressurizing the INDIAN team they do this so that the moral of the winnig of the INDIA go down and they win. I think this will not gon help Pakistani they need big things to do in the match rather then speaking they must do it and they then say whta they did It all just mind games for killing the INDIAN players moral that's but we have all fully prepared and well known to handle the pressure the Pakistani will have more pressures than INDIA in the game.
@AKRao24 (21617)
Hi Dear Rajeev! yes, you are absolutely right! these are all mental games to pressurise Indian team, so that they should distracted from the actual play! These tactics are old ones and have been used in many games and tournaments! And again there has to be decency in passing the comments! If you watch at the Indian players or Captain they never utter a single word which will depict over confidence or proudly attitude! This is modesty! Since cricket is a gentleman's game a decent behaviour and sensible and effective comments are expected from the players who are playing the World Cup Tournament! Yes I agree with you that Pakistani Players they need to show their talent on the ground and prove their worth there, instead of making such silly statements to the media! Well this tactics of killing the Indian players morals will not work as the Team is comprising of all seasoned players with lot of experience behind them! I wish the Indian team and the Captain Dhoni all the best and pray the god to bless them with the best of his choice this team! Thanks for responding!
@ajk111 (2527)
lol! we get this kind of behavior all the time in football. managers trying to rile the opposition in an attempt to gain advantage. It is pretty bad sportsman ship but is often used by the insulted team as an ascentive to beat thier rivals. What the Indian team should do is put the insults up on thier dressing room wall and look long and hard at it before going out to bat and that should galvanise them as a team and focus thiere minds on winning. Insults often come back to haunt those who utter them.
@AKRao24 (21617)
Hi Dear ajk! How are you? Hope you must be enjoying Mylot now! I have seen few discussions of yours and felt very happy that you have made your self very comfortable on this forum at the very beginning! Keep it up! Well regarding this mind games, I understand that such things are commonly seen in many a games played at international level. It is understood that such things suits in the events like Wrestling,Boxing or even in foot ball where the aggression is the main part of the game! But ,Cricket is a game of Gentlemen and the minimum decency is expected from the players who enjoy the international Status! I don't mind their passing comments on the team as a whole, instead they are targeting individual players to put their Morales down! Though these things won't pay them in anyway, it leaves one in bad mood and bad taste! Well as you said Indian Team players are simply ignoring these silly comments , rather I should say that they are not paying any heed to them and are concentrating on their game so to give their best in the match! Thanks for your positive way of expression that insults come back to haunt those who utter them, I really liked it and let us hope best and let the opponent team be haunted by their deeds/misdeeds! Let us wish the Indian team the best of luck and hope that they will reply the opponent team with the ball and bat to prove their mettle! Thanks for responding!
@Sridhar40 (112)
Yes, i agree with u Mr.Rao. They are too confident. But don't worry, India will definitely beat pakistan with a huge margin and break their confident. The cloud colour (blue) will never fail on that day. Have a cool day to watch the game.
@AKRao24 (21617)
Hi Dear Sridhar! I think they are not confident and just to show off that are confident they are playing these mind games! If they are confident then they should have kept quite and should have mind their own business of net practice! On the contrary each and every team members is seen giving one or other sort of comment on our Indian team! This is a preplanned mind game or unsporting gesture from Pakistani team and they are going to reap the consequences! It is really very nice that Indian team is taking every thing very cool and are not paying any heed to such silly comments and minding their own business! While praying the God to bless the teammates with required strength and confidence to fight against the Pakistani Team to defeat them, I heartily wish the Indian team all the success and best of luck! Thanks for responding!