Lots of people winning big up here lately. For a long time, like since the

@writersedge (22579)
recession started, nothing, no one winning much of anything. Then $319 million on mega-millions, 1.2 million at a casino, $79,597 on a TAKE 5 scratch-off ticket, etc. So do you play games of chance or gamble? It can be anything from Bingo to Horse Races. What is the most you've ever won? The most I ever won on a scratch-off was $100. The most I ever won at Bingo was $10 and that was not playing with my money, it went to a fund for helping the clients where I worked. It was used to buy a Christmas Present for a person who had no family. So is anyone winning very much where you are?
Not in a long time. But then I suppose I have to play to win. I once a long time ago won $250 from the 3 number lottery. I was listening to this radio show where a woman predicted numbers and I thought it was silly that no one would win so curiosity took the best of me and I played the number box which means in any combination. So the exact numbers did win and so I go half of the price. I was still very elated because I only paid $1 for the ticket. Another time I played a scratch card for which my son, sneaky guy just wanted me to buy him hostess cake snack, I knew that was his intent and I gave in finally after several pleas to buy the ticket so as soon as I scratched it I won $100. Oh yes he got his snack. lol But that is it, outside of perhaps a free scratch card or maybe $2 no, further winnings for me.
@writersedge (22579)
If someone wins big here, it makes the news. That's how I know about all the others. I would like to win $250 at some point, that's a nice amount. Sounds like your son had ESP. What if you had lost the dollar? He definitely wouldn't have gotten his hostess snack cake. Ours were less than a dollar, now I saw the other day, $1.29. Strange # Yes, take 5 you often get another ticket for free. I buy one, win a free one and give that one to my hubbie! He usually just buys 2 tickets. But I get away with buying less that way!
@writersedge (22579)
That was supposed to be one place, not more place.
@carolbee (16241)
A few months ago I did very well playing the lottery. My winnings was invested and shared with our kids. Some of the money I took to one of the local casinos and played Keno which is my favorite casino game. I do continue to play and win small amounts here and there but nothing like I won the end of last year. It was an exciting time and in fact there was an article on the internet even after I refused any interviews or photos. Somehow the "press" got ahold of the information and wrote an article.
@writersedge (22579)
Long time no hear from you! Glad you're taking a break from your Grandmothering and all those winnings! People who win like you encourage the rest of us. You go! Isn't the press something? So they made up a story without you. Why doesn't that surprise me?
@carolbee (16241)
I wish everyone on myLot the best of luck playing the lottery. I picked my numbers and did well. Yep, the press did a story without my permission listing my name and wrong age! Atleast they left out the address which was a good thing. Am still with the granbaby alot. Our daughter fractured her right ankle and can't drive for another almost 3 weeks so I've been helping out all I can. Been fun and interesting chasing a 2 yr. old at my age.
@writersedge (22579)
So you're getting your cardio workout, that's good. Sorry to hear about the fractured ankle. I hope your daughter heals well. Thanks and take care.
The only gambling I do is in CASINO on Facebook. I used to go gamble with my husband in Reno and Vegas but I got bored with it. I would take some of his money every time he won so we would have enough to get home because he would just run it into the ground and then be in a pissy room and 0 $'s. I don't do the lotto either. I used to years back when a person had a chance but anymore there are just too many people doing it.
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, our megamillions, 3 states do it. Really hard to win.
WOuld be nice
@JenInTN (27565)
I haven't heard of any big winners lately. I played quite a bit when the lottery got passed here. I never won a thing..lol...maybe a few free tickets, but that was it. I must not be very lucky with it. I know people that win $10 every time they scratch a card off though..lol. I know you can't win if you don't play but I have give up for a bit.
@writersedge (22579)
Well, for some of us, like me, you can't loose if you don't play either. I've lost more than the $100 I've made by now and I don't play if I can't afford to loose it either. So it's important not to loose money you can't afford to loose. So I think not playing for a bit is a good idea. My husband plays whatever scratch off is newest. Every few weeks he'll ask if there is anything new. His theory is that they have to get people hooked on a game for it to last, so they put lots of winners in at first. His theory works for him, he tends to win a lot more than me. So each to their own. Take care, and thanks.