April 1st is Fools Day!!Today

@erikmama (12931)
Today is April the 1st, the day we love to play April Fools jokes on people. I have not had the opportunity to pull any prnaks yet, but am trying to think of something good to get on someone before the day is up!! What about you...What do you think about pulling April Fool's Day jokes on people? What's the best one you've pulled, and whats the best that has been pulled on you?? What does the day mean to you
@jillhill (37383)
I usually am the one that does it at work...but today I am on vacation and couldn't do anything yet to fool anyone......so.....I only have a few hours left to come up with something to play on my daughter who is visiting.
@erikmama (12931)
Oh man! Next year be sure NOT to schedule the vacation on the 1st of April! lol! So were you able to come up with smething to get her? Or did it backfire on you and she got a good one on you?? hehe!! THat usually happens to me...
@jillhill (37383)
Yes...the day before they got my granddaughter her first phone.....well we cooked up a deal where we were coming down the stairs and I told my granddaughter to pretend that she was throwing it at me and I was supposed to catch it...but I miss...so we started down the stairs and she yells..grammy..catch my phone..then throws down one of my ink pads (for stamping) and it hits the stairs...I yell...oh no!!! My daughter is sitting on the couch yells are her hubby....I say..oh man that little slider part fell off! He comes running and the granddaughter and I are already laughing hysterically....my daughter said...my stomach dropped to my feet! I was so scared it got broke!
Living in my own home now, there is really no one that I like to pull pranks on. However, when I lived at my mother's house I loved to prank my little brother. My favorite that I ever did was he had his calculator on the floor and his girlfriend spilled a cup of water on the floor. I picked up the calculator and dimmed the screen all the way down so that it looked like the calculator was not working anymore. He wasn't happy about it at all but I thought it was hilarious.
@erikmama (12931)
ou don't even like to prank the hubby or the kids? How old were you at the time of this prank?? That is a very good one and you got lucky that it happened the first of April, too! lol! Has he gotten you back from it?
I have first known of April Fool's Day from "New Conception English".It seems that the article was related to eating macaroni.Here in China,we don't have this festival.Social customs vary greatly from country to country,for instance we have the Water-Sprinkling Festival.I think that at April Fool's Day ,people play a joke on each other,have a laugh at others'expense,It is sure to be beneficial to health.
@erikmama (12931)
It is definitly good for the health to have a good laugh and today is the day to do it.Nohing beats a good laugh at a friend or family memeber's expense!! lol!
@veejay19 (3592)
April 1st or All Fools Day as it is called has come and gone uneventfully.There has been no report either in the print media or the television media of any pranks being played.Of course when we were small and school going kids we used to play harmless pranks on each other but that was a long time ago, more than 50 years ago.All that has been forgotten now and so 1st April passes on just like any other day.We are all grown up, matured and too old to play pranks.
@erikmama (12931)
I did not mean any type of prank that would harm or hurt someone! I think that sometimes we take life to serious and April the 1st is one of those days to have fun with life b tricking your friends. Nothing big. You are never to old to have fun or to laugh a little bit!
@sender621 (14956)
This is the prankster's day of days. i can remember as a child the jokes we tried to play on others to get them to admit to being the April fool!
@erikmama (12931)
LOL. You are right baout that April Fools Day is so fun when you are young! Do you still like to play pranks on people just for the fun of it?
@kel9111 (60)
Yea today is all about the jokes!!
@erikmama (12931)
If you eleborate a little bit then you can probably earn more here on Mylot!! It is definitly the day for everyone and their mama to pull good ones on everyone they know. Did you pull any yourself? Did you get any pulled on you? Do you like the fun pranks that cme along with the day??
@bounce58 (17526)
How about responding to an April Fools post 5 days later? And still pulling pranks?! I called my son from the car today and told him to get to the garage because I am already at the corner ready to bring him to his after school activity. When in fact, I was still 20 minutes away. He hussled and got his stuff ready. April 1 is just one of the many days I joke around, or pull pranks with the kids.