Books

Recently my partner brought an e-reader home. It has over 700 books on it. Brilliant, because I am a total bookworm and can get through 3-4 novels a week. BUT. It doesn't have crinkly pages to turn. It doesn't smell of paper. It doesn't have the same satisfying feeling as the books I get from the library or the charity shop. Am I strange? Does anyone else feel that traditional books have something which electronic books don't?
I'm the same way. I don't have an e-reader. Don't want one. There's nothing like turning the pages on a real book.
@xannex (254)
I prefer reading a real book. It feels better to flip pages, use a real bookmark. Whenever I read an ebook in my phone my eyes become more drowsy than when I read books. Also, I tend to just swipe a page in ebook even though I didn't understand it yet but when in books, reread it to fully understand what it meant.
@meyrek (142)
• Estonia
I tryed to read an e-book for once but quited after reading 5-6 pages, because you just don't get the feeling you get from reading real books :D and reading from a screen is huting my eyes very much :S
Hi there marianne87! Just like you, I do prefer reading the books if given the chance. But since ebooks are easier to carry around and easier to look for, I have settled reading my favorite novels on ebooks. But still, if I were to choose, the papered books are still different in every sense. I think it is more satisfying especially if you pile all your finished books on a shelf and see them first hand how much you've read in a year or so.
@cher913 (25890)
i like too much of a variety i think to enjoy a book reader like that. i like decorating and craft books and dont think this would work.