burning the Quoran

HI guys, do you know what's the latest news today? I just read on the news that Muslims killed the foreigners in Afghanistan for burning the Quoran. I was shock with the news. what can you say about this?
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi leon, This burning of the Muslim Holy Book was a terrible act that has already caused the deaths of thirteen people and this may be just the beginning. Something has be be done about this pastor before he causes more trouble. If he isn't a criminal, he is certainly mentally ill and should be put away. Blessings.
what the pastor did is not right. if he is going to burn the quoran, he should do it secretly not to make others faith in jeopardy or make them angry. i understand the motive of that pastor why he did it. but it's not also right to kill people.
i agree with you. jones and the killers are doing not the right thing. that's why conflicts arouse because of their own selfish ambitions and greed. today, it is easy for evil people to kill and murder. how evil and perilous our time is.
@moksha09 (468)
1.Why did Jones burn the holy book? 2.why did the Ahghanis kill the foreigners? 3. Why are the Muslims converting the non Muslims? 4. Why do Christian missions spend so much money to convert people to Christianity? 5.Can you predict the consequences of your actions? 6. If you cannot control your actions how can you expect others to control theirs? 7. Why do Muslims believe that all those who don't follow Islam should convert to Islam? I'd expect you to ask more questions. Because asking is easier than answering but at least it will make them think about their actions.
@aerous (13475)
That really shock. But we can't blame that people because the foreigner insult their belief. They must be punished what they do. Even if I am not agree with that particular crimes being committed by the foreigner...they should respect the policy of every country...
@mac1946 (1602)
• Calgary, Alberta
If you don't mind my asking,Why do they not do that when they come to another country? why must we change our ways to suit them? If we say anything against them abusing our cultural beliefs,we are called racist,yet they are able to tear our beliefs apart without us being able to say anything.
@aerous (13475)
Whom you refer, my refer. The Afghan or the foreigner who burn the koran? I don't particular answer with your question because I don't whom you refer... If you refer about the Afghan. They are doing such things (killed) when they are in different countries because they respect the laws. Because most of Afghan in different countries are educated enough to understand the laws and policy of one country. I think the killer is not well educated and much uphold their religious belief than humanity... If you refer to that foreigner who killed there. There might be no koran where he goes? That foreigner should know that Islam, really upholding their religious belief. That is th reason why most Islam turn into violence due to not respected their rights to religious practice... I am not Islam. But we should understand how they practice and we must respect that. This what they belief...if we feel that their religion is not for us. Don;t burn anything from them. Because that is part of their religion or belief. We must need to have a good conversation to them to emphasize what we believed too...if they are able to exchange conversation about their religion that's good. Because we can compare what they believed and what we believed... To attain peace in that country. Those foreign troops must respect their beliefs and slowly educated people in that country to able them to identify the reality of life...
@bellis716 (4807)
I believe that it was wrong for that Florida preacher to publicly burn the quoran, but killing all those innocent people in retaliation was even more wrong. Two wrongs will never make a right.
yeah right. its very clear.
This is indeed very complicated. If I were to judge, I would actually find Terry Jones guilty for desecration of religious objects. A Holy Quran is the Most Sacred Book in the Islamic World. My mom is a Moslem and she told me before that a particular airport has employed a whole family, whose main task was to check if the Holy Qurans that were being distributed are not tampered with. That just proves how strict they are with their beliefs. Being a Catholic pastor, one would know better than to mock other religions. IT is supposedly them who should exemplify respect to our neighboring countries despite differences in beliefs. I feel bad saying this, but had Terry Jones showed more respect to the Holy Quran, he wouldnt have roused the Afghans with their anger which drove them to kill innocent foreigners. I am a Catholic. Terry Jones somehow revived the centuries-old religious wars/differences between Catholics and Moslems. The Quran is not just another book, it is their Holy Book, precious to them as the Holy Bible is to us Catholics. However, the murder is definitely inexcusable. What bothers me is that mockery over a religious object drove people in committing a sin. The murderers may be punished and all, but I would say the guilt rests heavily on Terry Jones. This is my opinion. Thanks
The first thing we need to find out is who is behind this Terry Jones guy. He was told not to do it by American government. Yet he did it. I suppose there are many people out there who want the conflicts to never end because they have something ultimate to gain from them. We are witnessing high price of gas right now ($4-$4.50 at gas stations). Sure they are saying that it is because of Libya. But the increase in price started many months before their uprising. Their little birdies are whispering that the secret government wants to introduce one world currency. This is possible only if the entire world's industries go down the drain and dollar value crashes insanely. They also mention that one of the only ways to figure it out is to keep eye on the gas price. But as you know, a conflict in Middle East is necessary to get it at higher level. The Quran burning just ignited that. Today foreigners are getting killed at Afghanistan. Perhaps, tomorrow, we will see the same else where, but it will surely be in another country of Middle East.
yeah you're right. the killing of foreigners in their lands does not stop there and maybe they think they will achieve their goals in doing it and through protest. today we are now in a difficult times and disaster are everywhere and we are now in a hard time. its hard to stop the continues price increase of the gas. in our country gas is at $1.5/liter, and keeps on increasing.
The first thing to be said it that all religions are based on myths. None of them have any real evidence to support them. It is okay for people to believe whatever they wish the trouble starts when they start involving other people in their beliefs and try to impose those beliefs on others. This man Jones has clearly got a mental problem and this silly trial and book burning is just a stupid stunt but offensive to people who have another silly idea that some pieces of paper with printing on them are something special. I don't know what should be done about this incident now but it is a vivid example of why some of us atheists come on these sites and try to combat some of the bad influence religious beliefs have on our lives.
@bird123 (10376)
It doesn't matter what everyone else does. It's what you do that counts!!! I must ask the question of the muslims. Does your Holy Book tell you to kill???? If it does, it's no holy book. If it doesn't, why do you kill??? Allah is not pleased.
Its very clear that the commandment of God is not to murder. it is only God has the right to end up one's life since He is the source of life.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi leon, Jones should have burned the Book of Satanism instead. It would be more fitting and right for him being an advocate of peace and righteousness. Any book that advocate peace, good human relations or anything for that matter should be given due respect even if the respective followers are a bit off in implementing what it contains.
respect and understanding is what we need with each other. when we do something that we think is the right thing to do we still need to think about it many times over if what we are doing is right and act in wisdom. i know that to be the offended party is not good and it hurts. but even if it hurts if it is the true we should accept it because sometimes the truth hurts and the truth will set us free. but i can say that what the pastor did is not in the right way and not in the proper way.
I think that the punishment was too harsh yes but that the people who where visiting in another country should have had more respect for the people and beliefs of the country they where visiting. They had no right to burn their Holy book just like I would feel if they burnt the Bible or the Torah. The lack of respect in this world is absurd and they did deserve punishment if for nothing else.
i agree with you. there just many people who don't have respect with the belief or tradition of others. actually the people were killed are innocent, they did nothing, they were in the UN's office and it were stormed by the protesters and got them killed.
@whengcat (1458)
This is definitely wrong, what's with the world lately?...people are loosing their minds. Religion doesn't talk about war, it only teaches love and harmony but why is this happening?