Life changed for me last night and today I did something great..

So,I think it was great anyway.. You know the problems I have with kk. well today I went to the bank and opened an account for her. I put money in the account that will be used for her needs. NOT WANTS. I will not be giving her any cash in her hand till I see that she makes up her grades by the last day of school. I don't care wat happens after that. I am tired of giving this girl money and all she does is nothing. The school called and they are about to let her go because she has been in the 9th grade three years and has no high school credits. I am so shamed to be going there for the meeting. All she wants is this loser of a boyfriend and I will not bother with them anymore. The new debit card will be here in a few days and I will put it in a safe spot till she needs something. I will keep all my reciepts incase cps stats up again..
And she will use it or you will? I hope it works for you. You have been to H*ll and back with this gal. I hope a day comes when she will appreciate it and understand why you did what you and acted as you have. It took me until I was about 25 years old to realize my mom actually knew what she was talking about.
I will use the card and she will keep record of what she spent. I will keep all reciepts. I was 24 when I grew up in life..
I see. Hope it all goes well for you.
It will because I have reach the end of my rope. She can shape up o be without anything..
This is certainly a positive steps indeed! Sometimes we need to vent, scream, let it out and then able to think clearly. I think the debit card deal is great because she will no longer expect for more. I do hope though that she does not overdraw?? So make sure there is no overdraft protection, which means that if no funds the transaction will be rejected. This way no fees there to worry about. I am glad that you decided to take one step ahead of CPS, sometimes you just have to do that because they certainly will not do anything in your favor, as you know to date. This all is a great step for you and your daughter. Hopefully sometime soon she will be done with the boyfriend and realize she has been wasting her time with him. See as long as he knows he can get money from he she will continue to make like he cares for her. So doing this early on and right away while he is there is a good because he cannot get angry with her while in jail. Good for you gifts!!
She will never get her hands on the debit card. will take he to the store to buy what she needs. she will be able to tack what she spent and that is all. Thanks very much.
This is so great to hear.
@sid556 (31005)
OK so this answered my question below. As long as she doesn't get her hands on it then it could work maybe!
@sid556 (31005)
This sounds like a good idea as long as you are going to be the only one using it and have total control over it. I wouldn't let her take it to use on her own at all. Most places will give cash back on those cards and so it would amount to the same as handing her over cash if you did that. I really think it is time to pull out all stops on this girl. Buy food and keep it in your cupboard. She is old enough to fix herself something to eat. Did you not just give her a huge chunk of change for her birthday? So she is all set for clothes and stuff for a while. What else does she really "NEED" ? If you provide all the essentials in your home then I'm thinking there isn't much more. My 17 yr old is a good kid. She works and has a bank account. I won't even let her have her debit card. Why? Because if she messes up and overdraws, it comes out of my account and I couldn't afford it.
Her birthday is in May and we ave decided that the money should not be given to her. I have to pay a fine fo her and that will be her gift. If I don't pay it she goes to jail.
I would hate to be at the school for that meeting. What do they want you to say? That your daughter chooses to hang out with abusive crimianals rather than complete her basic education? I hope this account works the way you want it to. I fear lots of fees in your future if that debit card is misused.
No way will she get this card. I will take her to the store to buy what she needs her hands wn't touch it at all. I want he to see what she is missing..
It does sound like you are making a positive step. The thing is I think that you need to be careful about giving her money if she is not taking steps for her future. At her age if you give her money (even to fulfill the needs that she has in life), you are enabling her to think that she doesn't have to do anything in life to get the things that she needs. I know there are some people that I've known for years that were always given everything that they needed and now as adults they are taking from other people to fulfill their needs in life instead of working for them like everyone else does.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi. giftsandbagscom. I am so glad that you are helping your daughter out in this way. You have made the right choice to set some money aside just for her when you feels as if she needs it. I am sorry that you have to go through all of the stress that you have been through with your daughter. You only put up with it because you love and care for her. She knows that you really do, it is just that her mind is so caught up into trying to please that scumbag of a boyfriend of hers. I wished that she would take all of her love and desires out of her heart for him. The more that she continues to want to be with him, the more weaker she becomes. He knows that he has her then. And, he knows exactly what he is doing. He is just trying to worm his way right back into her life. I just hope that he does not hurt her again. You are her mother and he knows that you don't want anything to happen to her. He is not a man for beating your daughter. You are doing what is right for her and that is what God is looking at. He will continue to bless you for it!