The man who lost the wallet just called me..

I told him I took it to ht epolice dept and he was so very happy. I truely hope nothign was missing from that wallet. I know I would never take anything from a person. But,my daughter said she sound it on the ground. I am glad you guys told me to take it there so now he can get it. I wonder what took him so long calling me back..Thanks guys for that help..
@suspenseful (40326)
He could have gone home and thought it was in the house and then had to back track where he was that day. It is like what happened when I was at church and found that I did not have my cell phone. I thought I had dropped it in the snow and someone had picked it up outide the house and since I put it on silent, no one could have notified me unless they turned it on. I also figured it might be on the way to church or if it were at home, it dropped out while I was over the garbage or put it somewhere. So he probably have to go to different places and did not know what street he was on at the time. Not good at speculating about that. He would fell rather foolish about losing it without you rubbing it in.
I am just glad he is aware of it beign found.
@suspenseful (40326)
So am I. I really was in a panic when I lost my credit card twice. At least it was not outside when anyone could use it. But what if that man had a lot of money in it and they had taken it. But it is a bother to cancel all your credit cards and then find they are still there. Happened to me.
@med889 (5958)
This is just a noble act which I will always appreciate. I lost my wallet too and I remember very well where it was lost but no one gave it to me when I returned after shortly after. Not everyone has the same intentions I would say.
I could not rest till I knew it was back in the right hands. I would feel terrible if that was my wallet not returned.
Maybe he was sick and or could not afford to call. But that was so nice of him to call you and acknowledge he received it back. I am glad you took it to the police station because he would not have had closure wondering what on earth had happened to his wallet. I would not worry if anything was missing because you did the right thing. If it was fowl play somehow I am sure the police will check it out.
Yes I do feel good being I know how it feels to be missing a wallet.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I hope nothing was missing in it either, but well you just never know now. I guess there wasn't or he would have told you as he may have assumed you had done it. No reward? Well I mean tht sounds greedy but I figure if he's going to call he'd offer a reward for it.
I just feel good knowing he will get all those cards in there.
@cream97 (29176)
I am very glad that you have followed our advice and had taken it to the police department. This is the best place for a wallet to be, when someone finds it. I lost my wallet two years ago at Maxway store too. A woman that worked there turned my wallet in. Everything looked like it was in there that was supposed to be there. I was very thankful, because someone else would have stolen my identity. Kudos to you for doing the right thing!
That is wonderful that the man and his wallet were reunited. I would like to think that there was nothing missing from it when he got it back, but since you really don't know how your daughter got it and who had it before she did, there is no way that you will know if there was anything missing unless the man would have told you that something had been missing from the wallet when he got it back. I don't know what would have taken him so long, but that is just the way that things are sometimes.
@stanley777 (7173)
I guess now a days honest people are hard to find maybe because of the many problems in which most people are experiencing at present.Unemployment, under paid workers, inflation and others.It's good that you are the one who found it.I'm happy for you for having done a good deed.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me congratulation you are a good friend of him and you know it the more you happy now because you are true is Jehovah God the maker of the law to be true and telling the truth.
That is great!I am glad that you took the wallet to the police station. I didn't participate in your previous discussion but i believe all the Mylotters have given you the right advice. I hope thy guy has taken his wallet from the police station. God Bless!
@sid556 (31019)
That's great that he finally got it. He may just have not thought to call the police and assumed that it was gone for good. Maybe it took the police some time to track him down? It's cool that he called to thank you but not so cool that the cops gave out your phone number to a virtual stranger. I not too long ago caught some kids with some stolen checks. They'd broken into a guys business and for whatever reason, I didn't trust that they were legit. I didn't cash the check but did make note of the man's name who owned the checks. Come to find out, they'd broken into his business and he had not yet known a crime had even happened. He wanted to thank me and the cops would not give out my personal # but they did give him my work number. Feels good to help someone, doesn't it?
Sure took hom long enough! I wonder what took him so long to call too. I am glad you decided to take it to the police. you just never know what might have happened or what he would have accused you of if you had not. You just never know about people. Glad it turned out well.
@carmelanirel (21108)
Oh that's great gifts, I am happy the man got his wallet back, thanks to you..:)