diets

I find that pasta and bread are my major weaknesses when dieting. Does anyone else have this problem?? Trying to quit eating these owuld probably end up helping me lose a lot of weight but I live with my parents and one of our main staples has to do with italian dishes whether we mean to or not. They're filling and taste great.. ugh, any suggestion?
@wiggles18 (2523)
I find one of the best things to eat when following a healthy eating plan, is a good ol' banana. Make sure to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, with a lot of meat, and some nuts and seeds. I've been doing a little experiment with my body(with controlled eating(caloric measures), exercising, and what-not). I've find I am at my best when I ban grains, milk products, processed foods, etc. I was even exercising about 1.5 hours a day(Eating those unnatural foods made it nearly impossible to lose weight. Eat paleolithic, it is the best.
I can only drink very small amounts of milk because I have crohn's disease but I live by yogurt. It one of the few foods that isn't packed in calories that helps to regulate the digestive system. The processed foods thing.. pretty hard to avoid in this household because I may do the shopping but my parents dictate as to what I need to buy. ;-{
I have tried to replace as much in meals as I can with vegetables. I make my favorite pasta but add to the mix vegetables I like in them. i add as much as I do pasta there fore when I heap up my plate half of it is veggies and I don't even think about missing anything. For example when I make Alfredo I mix in grilled egg plant and zucchini. In red sauce I add based on what meats we are using. With pork I use peppers, onions, yellow squash. Beef I go for mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant and onion. Seafood I tend to lean towards carrots, asparagus and spinach. Good luck.
I love most veggies but its usually before they are cooked and get that soggy texture and I hate them half cooked so they are half soggy and crunchy. I'm pretty picky, lol. Im really not supposed to eat fruit and vegtables too much because of a health condition but its really hard to eat healthy without incorporating those into your diet quite a bit! Frusterated, am I!!!
@yoyo1198 (3643)
I find that pasta eaten in the appropriate proportions add very little weight. I don't think it is the pasta itself that adds the calories, carbs, etc. but the sauces that are put in/on it. I rarely use tomato sauces or any of the cream sauces. Stir frying some fresh vegetable bits with onions, garlic and mushrooms can make for a very tasty entree. You just have to remember to eat in the proper portions and prepare the stir-ins healthily.
@wiggles18 (2523)
It is the carbohydrates that cause the majority of weight gains(as well as diabetes, etc...)
@suspenseful (40316)
I would add more vegetables to the red sauce, do not have cream sauces. You can chop up zucchini peppers, etc. mix in beans. Also substitute whole grain pasta for regular pasta, and make sure you only have 1/2 cup cooked. Use sprouted grain bread and whole grain bread instead of regular bread. They really fill you up. Have more salads, but easy on the dressing. After eating healthy breads and whole grain pastas, you will lose your taste for the other kind. Believe me, it works.