Wrestlemania 28-The Rock against John Cena.

@megamatt (14334)
Well that was quite the bold move to set this match up a year in advance. Yet it allows anticipation to build for next year. To be honest, not many cared about John Cena against the Miz, as all of the people I knew who were casual fans at best that I talked to, was asking when the Rock against John Cena would happen. We have never had a match announced this far and advance. This is just begging for Murphy's Law to kick in in the worst possible way and Cena to get hurt in like January and be unable to compete. Hopefully that won't happen, but Cena against the Rock, it will be perhaps one of the best matches in years not involving the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.
@sender621 (14956)
I enjoy watching the Rock and John Cena both in action. I think it would be an exciting match between them. I'm sure the crowds would not lose any interest as they waited for this one.
@megamatt (14334)
I think it has great potential to be one of the biggest matches in the history of wrestling if pushed right. On the level of Hogan and Andre, the Rock and Stone Cold, The Rock and Hogan, Sting and Hogan, and the list goes on and on. It is most certainly a new tactic, really advancing the hype of a match a year out from Wrestlemania 28. We'll see how this event goes as the time arrives. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@cgrant (270)
• Spanish Town, Jamaica
cant wait for this but i am going with john cena. he has heart and a great comback.
@didi13 (2915)
The Rock vs Cena at WrestleMania 28? It will be very interesting. Cena has no chance, the only reason Cena win matches, it is because fans want it, but if Cena is not a favorite of fans, or worse to be a Heel character, Cena would never win against any wrestler can would win only because that is a wrestler with more titles, and there would be normal to lose only because it's villain. In fact, Cena Heel can not become, as she has the personality necessary, is an actor, and a pathetic character. I love the Rock!
@megamatt (14334)
Yeah, I do doubt that very few people would boo the Rock. Actually when he was out there, it was a lot of cheers and Cena was not too well received. Except by the small children that follow the product and can't fault WWE for that too much. They're in the business of making money and those children buying all of those Cena shirts are going to add a lot of money. Still a lot can happen in a year and its going to be interesting to see how this match happens. Regardless of who wins or loses, its going to be an epic encounter. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@cgrant (270)
• Spanish Town, Jamaica
John Cena will win. the rock ma be stronger but cenas strength is his fans and com wrestle mania he wil take the rock down ........him ago turn pebble.
@rising3 (165)
I think its interesting they announced it a year earlier, it will give them lot of time to build and hype this match if they do it correctly , i am exited about it
@megamatt (14334)
Plenty of time to hype a match. If done right, it can be great. And I think that it would take a real moron to botch the hype for a match this big. Still we'll see if it can sustain the buzz as Wrestlemania 28 gets closer. For the record, I think that they should be fine, but come Royal Rumble time, it will be time to really kick it into high gear. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
This is a match made in heaven. The Rock was one of the superstars in the Attitude era and Cena currently the star of today's generation. This is a clash of two generations. I'm rooting for the Rock to kick Cena's monkey a$$. The announcement was also timely since it takes a one year anticipation for the match.
@megamatt (14334)
Really looking forward to seeing what happens. A year is going to build a lot of buzz for this match. And if any match can live up to the hype, I think that this is a really good chance to be the one. Wrestlemania 28 should perhaps be a big one, with the Rock and John Cena really being a great match. No doubt will be interesting to see the hype, especially as the show gets closer. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
this match reminds me of the one between the rock and hogan. rock won that match and was clearly put over by that win. he was popular before the match but was catapulted to an icon after that one. i see the semblance in this match, rock, playing the veteran wrestler who would lose to a superstar who is looking to further cement his legacy and a win over one of the most electrifying person in sports does just that. agreed that it will be a great match up between the two fan favorites. i doubt if cena plays the heel here but no way does the rock play heel either. my concern is this match being announced this early and the actual wrestlemania almost a year form now, a lot of things can happen and hopefully nothing actually gets in the way of this match.
@megamatt (14334)
That is a great connection between the Rock and Hogan. And its ten years after that by the time Wrestlemania 28 roles around, so that is a happy coincidence. Ten years ago, the Rock was the star of today, going up against the legend of yesterday. And while Hogan wasn't inactive as long as the Rock, it was still was about eighteen months since he wrestled on the national stage. I doubt that will be brought up, or anyone in WWE creative has made the connection. Still hopefully all the stars remain aligned. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@uttarayan (327)
only talk,talk and talk.may be rock and john cena forgot all their wrestlings.