St. Pierre vs Shields

as expected, UFC welterweight champion Georges "Rush" St. Pierre defends his title against Jake Shields. Georges, who many consider the world's top ranked pound-for pound competitor essentially would clean out the welterweight division with a win over Shields. It'd also mark his ninth straight win and 15th victory in his past 16 fights. But Jake Shields is a heck of a fighter as well, He is the first and last Elite XC Welterweight Champion, He is also the former Shooto Middleweight Champion and is the former Strikeforce Middleweight Champion. So, who's your bet guys?
I see this as a dog fight but in the end, GSP will still come out on top. The fight may last until 5 rounds but thereis no way that GSP would lose this one. Jake Shields is a good fighter don't get me wrong but I don't see him defeating GSP in this one. The only fighter that can beat GSP is Anderson Silva.
You got it right there, my friend.
@erikmama (12934)
Man how exciting would it be to see Anderson Silva and GSP fight? I agree with what you said. You can't touch GSP.
GSP has no competition left in the welterweight division. He has no business being in that weight class anymore. Same also applies with Anderson Silva, he has already cleaned the middleweight division. There's nothing left for them than to square off. If Pacquiao-Mayweather can't be done, I guess a GSP and Silva bout will be an appropriate substitute for us fight fans
@fraz_255 (28)
This is going to be a great fight. Both of the fighters are very well versed in different discipline. Both of them are wrestling based fighters. But i think GSP will win this fight with most likely over judges decision. But the question is, what's next for GSP? will he fight Anderson Silva or not? I have a feeling that if GSP doesn't want to fight Silva, he will intend to lose the Shields fight because he knows he will have an immediate re-match with Shields. Silva will have to move up to the light heavyweight division and take on Jon Jones. That will be an interesting fight also.
@erikmama (12934)
Well, you were correct and GSP defended his title!! Shields was so disappointing in the fight. I said it before I don't think GSP wants to fight Siulva. There's a real, real good chance he'd lose the fight.I agree Silva and Jon Jones would be a great fight. Silva is scheduled to fight coming up really soon, am looking forward to it. Hopefully the future will bring something exciting from these two great fighters. I am excited to see Rampage fighting again!
Good day, I bet St Pierre will take over on this fight. However, Shields is a hard man to tell. We have to wait and see if where'll be the UFC welterweight championship belt will be buckled up.
@erikmama (12934)
I think it is going to be a great fight, and while Shields may give him a bit more competition than he is use to, I do not think that it is anything that GSP can not handle. He is a very talented fighter, and posseses something that most don't-a natural talend. Can't wait to see the fight!!
@erikmama (12934)
I guess I found this discussion a little late since the fight is already taken place, but I figured GSP would win all along. He is a mean guy. Shields bombed in the octagon at that. There really isn't anyone near the level of Geerges.
@erikmama (12934)
It's gonna be a great fight that is for sure!! I know that SHields is a good fighter, but I do not think he has what it takes to beat GSP. He is just to talented. It is coming up really soon so I guess we shall see! I am looking forward to seeing Couture fight ,Jones, and Lesnar and dos Santos too!!