Getting paranoid with some health issues

My shoulder has been hurting for the past week. It feels like a dull ache, and when I move sometimes it gets worse. It's the right shoulder, almost in the anterior deltoid area. I have been exercising pretty vigorously lately, so at first I thought I might have just pulled a muscle. That might be the case... However, I have also been feeling pain in my wrist for many years. I have cashiered, waitressed, and bartended for many years, and now I work at a bank and count money and am on the computer all day. I am worried I might have carpal tunnel syndrome. I have had achey thumbs and wrists for many years and have pretty much been ignoring it, aside from trying to have better ergonomic positioning and stretching and such. I am hoping it really is just a pulled muscle. I have been taking it easy the last few days but the pain is still just about the same as it was a few days ago. I think I should set up an appointment, but my work schedule has been so hectic lately. Can anyone offer any information, advice, or their own experiences?
You can buy hand braces at many stores that help people with carpel tunnel syndrome. Wear them when you get on the computer or play the piano or write a letter....My mom used braces before and after she had her carpel tunnel syndrome surgery. She had worked decades using a computer so she developed it, and then my sister got it because she had been playing the piano since she was four. Ibuprofen is sometimes recommended, but I wouldn't take anything without asking a doctor, nurse, or a pharmacist.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I have read a little about the braces and am considering getting one to try to keep my alignment correct.
Those are a good thing to wear at night as well. Be sure to do the exercises to help open up your carpal tunnel.
Hello my friend Bethany1202 Ji, By the way my hubby too has almost similar symtoms since 3-4 yrs now, in addition that his thumb and index finger go senseless while sleeping on that side of body. One yr back he was diagnosed as left shoulder 'FROZEN' . Gears on which shoulder revolves for different activities on fdaily basis has lost its original size and reduced. This is due to his aging factor. So he was advised certain Yoga/exercise. he feels better. Consult specilist to narrow down your problem with correct diagnosis and take some kind of therphy as per your body needs. Thanks. May God bless You and have a great time.
You need to rest your shoulder and probably take an over the counter pain killer, but if it is not better in a day or two, see your doctor or a chiropractor. There are good exercises online or in books to do for carpel tunnel like syndrome. Topical rubs for pain relief are good too. i was having symptoms,but I have nevver known anyone who had good luck with the surgery, so I refused to do the nerve conduction study because it is a painful test and is expensive. I bought some braces with magnets in them. I also got a paraffin bath. I put my hands in that and it would really relax them. I was not doing any heavy repeptitive stuff when I had the problem, but I do use the computer a lot now, and do not have a problem with my hands and wrists. That does not mean that I think you should not see your doctor and consider his advice.