Confusion due to so many channels on television.

There are now so many channels on television that I often get completely confused which one and what to watch.Have you the same experience?
@tkonlinevn (5784)
• Vietnam
Yes, I have. But we can't do any things. I usually watch one channel every days. There are some channel I watch very little.
When I had cable it was certainly mind boggling and I found myself channel and flipping through channels constantly. But then along came the DVR and made life so much easier for me. Because I was able to set the TV to record several while I watched a specific one.
I have certain television shows that I like to watch and when those shows are not on the television I don't typically watch much so this has not been something that I've been through. However, my husband likes to veg in front of the television when he gets home from work and there are a lot of times that he is overwhelmed with all of the different choices of programs that he could choose to watch. He does a lot of using the DVR.
I don't feel confusion to it, even if therea re a lot of channels here. That is because I just prefer to watch a few from them. I almost won't look at other channels. I love China
Believe it or not, I find that there is Nothing on T.V., lol! I Have many ,many channels , Plus an On Demand option, thousands of VHS and some DVD's and yet I Still search for things to see.
@AdalieM (1135)
I don't get confused as to which one to watch or not, I just don't like watching the same things over and over again. That's why we don't pay for cable, the cable company has not only lots of channels but most of them are repetitive and the shows are not really my type. So, in other words I am not confused I am pissed off.
@jak2010 (1550)
• Papua New Guinea
I do too, sometimes one channel have two numbers and I got really confused, but not watch all the channels, I only have few faviourites so I remember their numbers queit clearly in my mind.
No. I love it! What I do is go to tvguide.com and on there you can put in your favorite channels so you don't have to wade through all the channels. It can be overwhelming. THis way you have the channels appear that you like and not the other. You can add and delete from your favorites whatever you want and then it shows in the grid just the way you want it!
@isloooboy (1739)
• United Arab Emirates
I agree with you and some times feel totally messed up because of this unlimited choice of channels and the amazing thing is I never seen some of them, even I don't know their names. So at the end I selected few of them and I watch just them what happening on the rest I don't know. :D Cheers
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi Doctor, You should add the DVD player. Once hooked up to the TV monitor, I tend to forget the channels when a lot of movies are at hand. I have outgrown the confusion really, channel surfing is not my forte and I stick only to documentaries and news channels. After that, its movie time all around.
@lady1993 (20536)
YEs, I experience that a lot.. Especially if my favorite shows are on the same time. It's really hard t switch from one channel to another, and finding that their show is also good.. If only we can watch all we want, it's so hard to choose sometimes..
@inertia4 (27792)
You got that right. I remember when I was growing up there were only a few channels and we were happy with that. Along came Cable and Satellite TV and not only is there a gazillion channels but now we have to pay for them. I cannot decide what to watch anymore.
hi doctordidi I have no such problem lol lol lol I do not have a televisions maybe the only person in the US but cannot afford one for mny room . we have a huge one downstairs that belongs to Gold Crest so we can go down there to watch stuff. as some few have the remote control so they do the chosing and a lot of their choices are just junk. So I come up to my room and get back on the computer instead. no problems that way. lol
@sender621 (14956)
Channel surfing on the television can be a dilemma. sometimes when we are given so many choices we don't know if we should stop at one channel or keep on going.
@marie2052 (3697)
good topic! no kidding. I can never remember some of the channels that I want to watch something so I just give up. We have extended basic so my husband can get a few channels he watches. But for me I mainly watch 2, 4, 31 which is HLN, and 61 which is Lifetime movies. My husband would watch Fox news channel 24/7. thank god he still works or I would probably shoot the TV eventually. Its a shamne you pay for all these channels and we are only watching 5 channels and paying for over 100. What I do like though is I can watch my soaps if I want to go out on my laptop, and also watch some of the LIfetime movies for free. I like Netflix as I can watch hundreds of movies on my laptop so when settling in for the night I usually do watch a movie unless I fall asleep during the movie.