Cheapeast place to print photos?

@mermaidivy (15417)
I was foolish... I picked out the pictures that I want to print. Somebody told me that Wal-mart would be the cheapeast place to have the pictures print out so I have 283 pictures and it costed me $42 + tax. I thought it was rather expensive. I came home and searched online about where is the cheapeast to print puictures and there are plenty online site do that and don't charge you a fortune... Why didn't I think of doing a research before printing them I'm mad at myself!! So I came across Artscow and it costs me 6 cents to print one which seems to be very cheap, I saw the reviews say the quality of the ink is not bad either. Anybody knows about printing pictures with cheap price and fair quality? I started to do photo album for my baby and I will keep printing pictures so I want to find a place that I can print pictures for cheap. Thank you!!
That is rather expensive, Next time try Costco.. I am not 100% sure if Staples develops photographs but its worth calling a few places on the phone and asking what there going rate for processing photos. If your a member of Sam`s Club I bet they are probably the cheapest. Try Calling around like I said Costco, Target, Sam`s Club ( Even if you aren't a member you can get a day pass online for free), or even Walgreen's... They are probably pretty expensive. It cant hurt to call around though, That is what I would personally do!
@mermaidivy (15417)
We don't have Sam's Club, Costco around but I have looked up CVS, Target or Walgreen, they are all expensive.
@bobmnu (8160)
I use Mpix.com for my photos. They may be as expensive as Walmart but the quality is that of a professional lab(which they are). If you print 4x6 prints you can find many cheep places to print your photos but if you are looking for quality prints then use an established processor like KODAK that gives you online storage of your photos. When my children were little we used many inexpensive places to process the photos and now regret as the ink is fading. We had some Photos taken each year at one of the Discount Store studios or a Mall Photos studio and now have faded photos that we will not be able to show them any more. Now I use Mpix for my personal and professional photos. Quality and online storage are more important than price.
@mermaidivy (15417)
Thank you, let me check out that website.
@jdyrj777 (6558)
I usually just get photo paper and photo ink and print them out on my printer.
@mermaidivy (15417)
I did this as well but I had a lot of pictures to print so that wouldn't be a good idea.
Since it seems like something your going to be doing for a long time you might look also check into doing it at home. Look into a descent photo printer and digital camera if you don't already have one. You could probably get both of these under $100. Unless your printing out poster sized pictures you don't need anything fancy. My step mom printed out some pictures off her cheap-o printer and they were just as good as anywhere else. Plus you'll already have them on your computer you can put them on CD and flash drives or whatever else. You could even make a digital scrapbook.
@mermaidivy (15417)
I have got a Canon one, I got that with my camera together but it is not wise to print out so many pictures at home using my own printer and ink because the ink is expensive, it would be cheaper to do it bulk at the print pictures place; I only do small amount of printing at home.
I have use snapfish.com, they usually always have several promotions, something like 100 for $4. You can order them online and also pick them up at CVS, Walgreens and Targets. They send you several specials via email. You can save to free galleries for later viewing also.
@mermaidivy (15417)
100 for $4 That's cheap! I think I have signed up there before but never thought of it, I will look again, thank you!
@loki1982 (782)
• Dallas, Texas
Sam's or Costco is hands down the cheapest, but you wont get great quality.