did you hear about the woman who killed her kids in the river??

That water was the last thing those kids saw before they met their maker. I can't see yet what was th reason for this. I felt horrible when i heard this on the news. The father drove her to do this and who knows why.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I read the very sad story on NPR this morning. At least one of her kids survived. Such a shame since people did try to help her, they were just too late.
That poor child will have nightmares for a lifetime.
@Gothicana (458)
My hubby told me about that For something like that i dont find no words
I feel bad for the surviving family wondering what they could have done.
@sid556 (31005)
I caught just bits of this story yesterday and was hoping to catch the news to hear the full story. Of course, I missed it. I can't imagine why a woman would do this even with a horrible husband. I'm guessing that she must of had some sort of mental disorder going on there. There is so much help out there for woman now hoping to prevent this sort of thing. From what I hear, one of the kids escaped and survived. I'll have to grab the newspaper when I go out.
I believe it is the same story I was reading on channel 2 news here if you do not get a chance to view it here is the link: Not a referral link: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/12/national/main20053385.shtml Quite sad.
@leateagee (3667)
Hardworkinggurl, thanks for the link. It's very useful. I was able to read the whole story and now I have an idea on how to respond/join to this discussion.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi there HWG, I tried the link and for some reason it would not work for me.Thanks though for your trouble. It's always so sad and disturbing when these kind of things happen. I know it is weird but a part of me does sympathize with the mother as well. She must have been hurting really bad to do such a thing.
@stephcjh (32328)
I do not recall hearing anything about this. That is terrible though. How in the world could someone else drive her to do this? She did it all herself.
She was fihting with her husband over somthing.
@Kirinx (1693)
Yes I saw it on the news I hear the mother left a message on her facebook before she drove the kids into the river.I feel so bad for the one son that lived he lost all his siblings and his mom :( what was the mother thinking!
This is the kind of story that makes me absolutely sick. I can think of times in my life that I've been depressed enough that I did not want to go on with my life. However, there has never been a time in my life that I would ever consider taking the life of an innocent person. Especially with children, they have never even had the opportunity to experience life. If the woman had not killed herself as well, she would have had to have been locked up for the rest of her life.
The father drove her to do it? That is no excuse to kill your children. There have been several cases where women have killed their children. Every reason from the new man not wanting the kids around to post pardem depression. I think it takes a pretty twisted sister to do such a thing.
@carolscash (9500)
I feel sorry for her family. I feel sorry for the child who was able to escape. I wonder if she said anything to them as she done it. I really haven't heard the whole story, but I did hear something about abuse. Abused women will do some strange things to get their children away from that spouse. She might have seen this as her only way out. We do not know what the husband had said to her or done to her and those kids. It is a sad tragic ending to a story that only her and those kids and that husband really know how life was on a daily basis.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
yeah, stuff like that makes me sick. One child got out, but how awful, except for the father, his whole family is gone.
@zeloguy (4915)
My wife just told me about this this morning. CRAZY!!! There are people out there dying to have kids and others that want to (literally) throw them away. I hear that the oldest (10 years old) actually made it out (swam to shore). I don't know if that is true or not 'cause I can't get myself to actually read the articles on this travesty! Zelo