Can't You Protect Me More

@erikmama (12934)
As most of you know, I work online. It is my only source of income. All of the money that I make is deposited onto my PayPal account . I have the PayPal Mastercard in which my funds go to. Two days ago a company called CCBiiling.com attempted to take $200 out of my account. Luckily there was not $200 on there and the transaction was denied. A hold was put on my account.( All this happened when I was in the bed). I called PayPal who informed me they put the hold due to suspecion of fradulant activity. Great!! I had been researtching this company and find out there are TONS of complaints on the Internet about fraud and this company. I asked PayPal NOT to allow this company to take any funds out and they told me that there was nothing they could do, my only option is to get another card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked!! Now I know that most credit card companies can not do this, but we are talking about PayPal here, a PAYMENT system for ONLINE uses! I would have thought that they would offer a bit more protection than the normal card would since they should be aware of all the BS that goes on online. But no such luck . And the fact that PayPal themselves put a hold on my card for fraud!! They KNOW it is fraud. I TOLD them it was fraud. But nothing. Am I expecting to much from PayPal? Should they not go above and beyond to protect their customers since they are an online thing? Have you ever had money taken out of your account like this? What did you do? Does anyone know of places that I can report this company?
@gloryacam (5546)
Oh, that's scary! I have to go check my money at paypal, too! I haven't had this experience with paypal yet, and I hope I never will. I have tried having a credit card put on hold because of some "suspicious fraud activity" and I had no choice but to replace the card.
@erikmama (12934)
I guess this is the norm for most credit card companies. I am sure that I am just upset that it is happening to me!! It takes as long as 6 weeks to get a new card, and I can not wait that long! I just think that if you are offering a specific service then you should cater to that servcice, which is what I think they should offer soem sort of extra protection. And the fact that they are the ones who intially put the hold on there and now tell me thay can not do anything upsets me as well.
@gloryacam (5546)
Yes, and see to it that they don't charge you for the new card, especially since they were the ones who initially put you on hold. I had that situation with the credit card company and they really heard it from me when I saw that they had charged me for the new card.
• Marion, Kansas
I have not had this problem with Pay Pal, but I know others have. They say that because they are the only system of their kind they can do this. I have heard others complain about PayPal and say they will not leave their money there. I recently got a prepaid credit card that is not related to PayPal and I can transfer my money from PayPal directly to it. In fact, I have gotten money from a couple of places this week and I am going to move it. The really great thing is that when I put my first $40 on the card I got a $20 bonus as well. I do not know whether reporting the CCBilling.com company to the BBB will help or not. IF it was not PayPal but a Bank they would be going after the company for you.
@erikmama (12934)
I definitly will not be leaving my money there again. And I am even more leary now about shopping online. I got to thinking about it and it has been months since I have even ordered anything online with tht card, so that scares me more. And the fact that I am completley cluesll nmakes it even worse! The pre paid card is a really good idea bu the same thing could happen with them too I would say. And trying to prove that you did not order something online might be really hard to do . It really sucks!
Oh no, sorry to hear of the fraud attempt. I have not heard of this in my account but I suppose I better go and check. Now is this only for PayPal credit card users or is it also for the regular account holders too?
@erikmama (12934)
I'm not really sure to be honest. it is just what she told me at that time. And I know that a lot of other cc companies follow that sort of standard procedure.
@felelis (96)
• Thailand
I never had met such thing. But since I'm also using Paypal I think I'll have to be more aware. I agree that Paypal should do something about that since they are internet banking which is famous and well-known. People around the world trust them and use them everyday. And as you say that you are not the only one who CCBilling.com attempted to take money from, I think they'd been inform before by other people. And they should be something they can do, and I don't think blocking CCBilling.com account would be that hard for Paypal. They should do it if they want to keep their reputation.
@erikmama (12934)
ALways stay o ntop of it. It is your money and you want to protect it. And if you have the debit card, be careful what you do with it too. I suppose they are following standard procedure, but to me, if you have already put a hold on my card for suspected fraud then i cal to tell you it is, why can you not do something then? THey can just take your money then you have to prove that you didnt buy it and wait to hope to get reimbused. No thank you. They could do something and I would think they would want to help protect their customers.
Hello,I'm a newbie,and I surfing on the internet today.I want to find some website to make friends ,especially foreign friends,and now I found the Mylot.Both can make friend still can make money.so I decide to choice it,and you are my first friend in here. I'm glad to see you.you English is very well. I faced the sanme trouble with you.firstly,have sympathy on you .I don't kown how to sign up paypal.As though can charge you who rigistered in the paypal.As far as I know the law in some country can't legislate for this,because the court can't heip you.Only from recognise unlunky.
@piya84 (2591)
What did they tell you to change card?Are you using card issued by this company?How they tried to take money out of your paypal?Did they bill you for something you have purchase from them previously.Have oyu put money sending status "auto"? I use paypal and i have never experience anything like this before. Paypal offer lot of protection for buyers.You must have some proof in hand though.See their buyer protection policy.